I paid for this app a few months ago and have used it off and on and would love to pay for the upgrade fee if the app wasn't a total POS for those of us who set their phones to "all alerts off" at night. BerryBuzz still flashes the LED and listens to your reminders regardless.

They need to fix the existing "bug" which should properly read your profile settings OR allow a time stamp to disable. Until then it's worthless to me and as shown above, to others.
    There is a "time stamp" to disable LED notifications. In BerryBuzz Options (gears icon), scroll down to Mute LED and reminders during and click on a day. It then lets you set up a time frame for no LED alerts. Continue doing this for each day.
    04-09-10 08:48 AM
    There is a "time stamp" to disable LED notifications. In BerryBuzz Options (gears icon), scroll down to Mute LED and reminders during and click on a day. It then lets you set up a time frame for no LED alerts. Continue doing this for each day.
    wow my deepest apologies. I knew the days were there but never clicked on them because I didn't want to block out the entire day. Maybe they can, by default, have the time displayed. I know that would have been more obvious to me and a few others.

Once again, thank you.
    04-09-10 08:58 AM
    wow my deepest apologies. I knew the days were there but never clicked on them because I didn't want to block out the entire day. Maybe they can, by default, have the time displayed. I know that would have been more obvious to me and a few others.

Once again, thank you.
    No problem. I thought the same thing until I played around with it.
    04-09-10 09:00 AM

Once again, thank you.
    Instead of using the time restrictions -which I think are silly since I don't sleep at the exact same time every night- I put my phone in bedside mode at night - there is an option in bedside mode to disable all LEDs.

Bedside mode in 5.0 can also automatically change your profile. I have it set to switch to a sleep profile where reminders are disabled for BerryBuzz.
    04-09-10 09:04 AM

I don't use the MUTE option in BerryBuzz much but in bedside mode, you can Disable LED as well. I have mine set to YES and I don't have a problem with my LED flashing at night.
    04-09-10 09:11 AM
    Instead of using the time restrictions -which I think are silly since I don't sleep at the exact same time every night- I put my phone in bedside mode at night - there is an option in bedside mode to disable all LEDs.

Bedside mode in 5.0 can also automatically change your profile. I have it set to switch to a sleep profile where reminders are disabled for BerryBuzz.
    I'm assuming you created this "bedside" mode because I do not have it however as a test last night I turned my phone to all alerts off and then changed all LED's to "off" but BerryBuzz ignored the profile and still gave reminders with LED blocking off and on.

You are right about going to sleep at different times so if you could explain a little more that would be great. I'm on a 9700 with latest OS 5.
    04-09-10 09:15 AM
    Upgrade fee of $2? I agree with previous poster about us now paying more for the software than someone buying today. Why not do a $1 upgrade fee, much more reasonable I think. Though there are some new features not sure this is a complete changeupgrade in product, o well. I will probably buy it since I love the program but its a bit much to call this new version IMO.
    04-09-10 09:19 AM
    I'm assuming you created this "bedside" mode because I do not have it however as a test last night I turned my phone to all alerts off and then changed all LED's to "off" but BerryBuzz ignored the profile and still gave reminders with LED blocking off and on.

You are right about going to sleep at different times so if you could explain a little more that would be great. I'm on a 9700 with latest OS 5.
    Bedside mode is part of the CLOCK features on your bb. You should have this available to you. I'm on the same device with the latest os.
    04-09-10 09:21 AM
    Disregard my last reply asking about bedside. I did some searching and found out about it but this displays the clock continuously which would drain my batter faster if not plugged in so I'll pass. Anyways thanks again.
    04-09-10 09:22 AM
    I have no problem paying the $2 upgrade fee considering how many new features were added to the application.
    04-09-10 09:22 AM
    how do you set the blackout setting. I cant find it anywhere in the settings on berrybuzz. Also, when I goto settings, and try to change something, I back out and it asks to save, discard, ect, I hit save and nothing happens. It stays on the settings screen. the only way to get out of the settings screen is to hit discard.

Anybody have any ideas. did a battery pull, set all permissions to allow. going to do a battery pull again and see what happens.
    Same problem here. I was hoping that this feature was available. I love it on BerryWeather.

Is there anyone else that can't locate the blackout setting?
    04-09-10 09:29 AM
    There are now a bunch of disco settings at the bottom of LED color choices.
    Yea, I just found them...my bad.
    04-09-10 09:33 AM
    to Blackout the settings screen disable bb save re-enable app how i got mine to work
    04-09-10 09:36 AM
    Stupid question......

Does the new "backup settings" function from a few weeks ago work across a major upgrade like this? I assume they would build it in properly, but wanted to double check......
    04-09-10 09:58 AM
    I have no problem paying the $2 upgrade fee considering how many new features were added to the application.

+1 This is one app I can't live without. Well worth the $2.
    04-09-10 10:03 AM
    Disregard my last reply asking about bedside. I did some searching and found out about it but this displays the clock continuously which would drain my batter faster if not plugged in so I'll pass. Anyways thanks again.
    If your BB is not plugged into a power source, the clock app with bedside mode enabled will not stay on. After your standard timeout, the screen will turn off and your phone will stay in bedside mode until you wake it up, and exit the clock app. You will be prompted as to whether or not you want to exit bedside mode.

I created my own sleep profile because basically when I'm sleeping I still want to receive calls and texts - but I wanted to disable everything for BBM and emails. Creating a new profile specifically for sleeping is a pretty good idea so you can customize exactly how you are alerted. The new 5.0 OS feature that allows auto-switching of profiles when bedside mode is enabled/disable is an amazing addition.

FYI the reason we have to use this "bedside mode workaround" is because RIM does not allow 3rd party apps to talk to their standard profile settings. They can add new profile settings that you can adjust but the existing ones, such as whether or not the LED is on or off in a specific profile, cannot be touched by 3rd party apps. Blame RIM not Bellshare.
    04-09-10 10:09 AM
    Ok, so on my Tour I got OS 5.0 and I upgraded my BerryBuzz this morning. Whenever I go to settings after changing my LED to set the pause between flashes, hit save, nothing happens! Frustrating me...

Anyone else have this prob? Or even know how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-09-10 10:15 AM
    I don't use the MUTE option in BerryBuzz much but in bedside mode, you can Disable LED as well. I have mine set to YES and I don't have a problem with my LED flashing at night.
    I just face my phone to 'the ground', you can't see any led's then. I might make an app, 'flip phone' and when your complaining about led's it tells you to flip the phone lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 10:19 AM
    No, you DO NOT have to purchase anything. You can choose to continue to use the app that you bought and pay nothing!!!!
    Or, you can try it and see if the update is worth the $1.99. (And then go back to the original version and still pay nothing OR decide to cough up the $1.99 for a better functioning app.)
    I completely agree! I'm fine with my BerryBuzz 2.0, but will pay the fee for the upgrade as I think it's worth it given the new features. We're talking a couple of bucks, jeez!

I don't see how this is any different than a software company releasing an update from "Office 2003" to "Office 2007" or "Acrobat 7" to "Acrobat 8" etc with new features. Make the choice and do it or not...but for 2 bucks?

I was showing a guy another good piece of software just yesterday for his berry. He says "Wow, this is nice, how much?" I say, "$5.99". I think you what the response was to $5.99. Then he takes another puff off his cigar followed by a drink of his beer.

Shrug...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 10:20 AM
    The new 5.0 OS feature that allows auto-switching of profiles when bedside mode is enabled/disable is an amazing addition.
    It's one of my favorite new functions since upgrading to OS 5.0 a couple weeks ago. Simple yet so helpful.
    04-09-10 10:23 AM
    I love this app but have had loads of issues with the license code not working. I got the email today, updated through mobihand and it said i was eligable for a "Free" upgrade....and when you select get code it doesnt give you one.

Very frustrated
    04-09-10 10:25 AM
    I love this app but have had loads of issues with the license code not working. I got the email today, updated through mobihand and it said i was eligable for a "Free" upgrade....and when you select get code it doesnt give you one.

Very frustrated
    Did you go through the process of putting it in your cart and "paying"? (Even though it is free.) Then you will get an order confirmation with the Activation Code. HTH.
    04-09-10 10:27 AM
    anyone have a link to the old version?
    04-09-10 10:29 AM
    Did you go through the process of putting it in your cart and "paying"? (Even though it is free.) Then you will get an order confirmation with the Activation Code. HTH.
    Nope... ill try it... this is what happens at the mo

Click on My apps in mobihand, Click on BerryBuzz.
    Box appears saying "You are eligible for a free upgrade. Use Get Code button to get the latest version and new activation code"
    Click get code
    "Your new code is . Download latest version"

No new activation code

EDIT: Its going to make me pay the full 5.95 again??
    04-09-10 10:34 AM
    nice to see continued updates on this software ...

connect/disconnect option ... the vibrate works for connect .. i have it set to .25 but when i disconnect there is no vibrate or sound ... the disconnect i have set to .5 and the sound i tried 2 or 6 .. i am thinking that is the sound level .. not different sounds for each number ...

running tour with 5.0 for sprint

is anyone having an issue with disconnect option functionality?
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 04-09-10 at 11:01 AM.
    04-09-10 10:36 AM
341 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD