Not sure what the changes are yet since i'm just now rebooting but berrybuzz has been updated to version 3.1.11.
    09-13-10 10:48 AM
    Developer Message:

- Added support for GoogleVoice, AP Mobile, Nimbuzz, latest SocialScope Beta, Trillian, Pingchat, Kik Messenger, Blaq, Pocket Informant, myKite and OS 6 social feeds
    - Fixed IM+ support
    - Added item search/filter (simply start typing while in the BerryBuzz list)

Edit: Added correct features
    09-13-10 10:52 AM
    I just got the email too. The app page on Crackberry doesn't list any changes for 3.1. I'm wondering what they are, but in the meantime I will download.

yester18: those are 3.0 features. We're wondering about anything new in version 3.1.
    09-13-10 10:56 AM
    2 things I saw right away were that socialscope facebook and foursquare posts were added.

Also, when I click check for update it just flashes up on the screen real quick and dissapears, so i'm guessing thats a bug?
    09-13-10 11:14 AM
    This is what is given in the email for changes/updates:

- Added support for GoogleVoice, AP Mobile, Nimbuzz, latest SocialScope Beta, Trillian, Pingchat, Kik Messenger, Blaq, Pocket Informant, myKite and OS 6 social feeds
    - Fixed IM+ support
    - Added item search/filter (simply start typing while in the BerryBuzz list)
    09-13-10 11:16 AM
    This is what is given in the email for changes/updates:
    Guess I should have scrolled down further in the message
    09-13-10 11:24 AM
    Ya woops my fault
    09-13-10 11:31 AM
    k...embarrassing question that i just noticed is probably true...

berrybuzz was known as bebuzz while back, correct?
    (kinda like berryweather & beweather)
    09-13-10 11:33 AM
    k...embarrassing question that i just noticed is probably true...

berrybuzz was known as bebuzz while back, correct?
    (kinda like berryweather & beweather)
    I believe App World renames them to the "Be" version. Don't ask my why cause I don't remember.
    09-13-10 11:35 AM
    Word Marks:

You are permitted to use the word mark BlackBerry�. This mark should be used when making reference generally to BlackBerry smartphones. The mark should always be displayed as “BlackBerry� smartphone”. Please see proper markings and use for details.

To convey the message of your application’s compatibility with specific smartphones, you may use the following word marks, as appropriate. For example:

BlackBerry� Pearl™ smartphone
    BlackBerry� Curve™ smartphone
    BlackBerry� Bold™ smartphone
    BlackBerry � Storm™ smartphone
    BlackBerry smartphone

Please see the full list of names at BlackBerry Product Names at BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM).

Your license also permits the use of the word mark “Get it at BlackBerry App World”.
    2.2 BlackBerry Word Mark Rules

The following rules apply to the use of the word mark BlackBerry or any other mark.
    i. You should always use the mark as an adjective and not as a noun or verb.

The application is compatible with the BlackBerry� Pearl™ smartphone. – Acceptable

The application is compatible with BlackBerry. – Unacceptable

I will respond to your email using my BlackBerry� smartphone. – Unacceptable

I will BlackBerry you. – Unacceptable

ii. The trademark should be followed by the appropriate generic term for the product

(i.e. smartphone) or service. Refer to the BlackBerry Naming System at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Product Names for the appropriate generic term to use with the RIM Marks, including:

• BlackBerry smartphones
    • BlackBerry products
    • BlackBerry product components
    • BlackBerry enabled device products
    • BlackBerry accessories

iii. Do not use the BlackBerry word marks in plural or possessive form.

BlackBerry� smartphones – Acceptable
    BlackBerrys – Unacceptable
    BlackBerries – Unacceptable
    BlackBerry’s – Unacceptable

iv. The BlackBerry word marks may not be included in any non-RIM trade name, business name, domain name, product or service name, logo, trade dress, design, slogan or other trademark. Your licensed use of the BlackBerry App World Marks does not permit your use of any word or words that are confusingly similar or identical to any BlackBerry App World mark.

www.wirelessaccessories.com/blackberry – Acceptable
    www.blackberrywirelessaccessories.com – Unacceptable
    Acme Instant Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones – Acceptable
    AcmeBerry Instant Messenger – Unacceptable
    Acme Messaging Inc. – Acceptable
    Acme BlackBerry Messaging Inc. – Unacceptable

v. Use the proper symbol for the BlackBerry App World word marks. Always capitalize the product brand name and designate the trademark with the appropriate ™ or � symbol as shown in these Guidelines.
    BlackBerry� – Acceptable
    BlackBerry™ – Unacceptable
    BlackBerry� Pearl™ – Acceptable
    BlackBerry Pearl� – Unacceptable

vi. Your company’s name, logo or trademark must appear on any materials where the BlackBerry App World Marks are used, and must be larger and more prominent than the BlackBerry App World Marks.

3. The “Get it at BlackBerry App World” Logo
    The use of the “Get it at BlackBerry App World” logo is limited to licensed users and must meet the standards set out in your agreement with RIM and these Guidelines.

The proportion and arrangement have been specifically determined. The logo should never be typeset, recreated or altered, and should always appear in the correct proportion.

To maintain consistent use and ensure the integrity of the logo, use only approved electronic art files, available from RIM Brand Communications ([email protected]) or from the Vendor Portal.
    09-13-10 11:41 AM
    AppWorld doesn't allow apps that have "Berry" in them.
    09-13-10 11:41 AM
    I wonder if I'll start seeing Be in the fruits in vegetables in the grocery store?
    09-13-10 11:57 AM
    I wonder if I'll start seeing Be in the fruits in vegetables in the grocery store?
    That reminds me. I need to pick up some strawbes on the way home.
    09-13-10 02:50 PM
    Thanks for posting about the update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 05:42 PM
    since this update when in the berrybuzz options and i do the 'check for update'...nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
    09-14-10 09:40 AM
    since this update when in the berrybuzz options and i do the 'check for update'...nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yep same here. I stated this in the 4th post in this thread. Still doing it after several battery pulls too. I think its a bug in the program.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-14-10 01:42 PM
    I got the email, went to the crackberry app store, clicked on the send-me-the-link (I bought it previously and it worked fine), it emailed it to me, I updated, rebooted, it said that this beta version has expired. So I go to Bellshare - BerryBuzz and download it from there, same version, reboot again, and again it says "this beta version has expired". Grrr.
    09-15-10 12:47 PM
    This is a bug. We will issue a bug fix update shortly. Please check http://m.bellshare.com/berrybuzz within the next few hours for an update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

09-15-10 12:57 PM
    i downloaded the new version and was unable to key in my act key. it says the beta version is expired. directed me to the website to download a new one. repeated twice. same thing. now i am without my bbuzz. have sent an email to them. hope they response soon.
    09-15-10 01:12 PM
    oohh. just saw the update. it's 2am where i am now. hope they fix it in the morning when i wake. haha.
    09-15-10 01:13 PM
    The fixed build 3.1.12 is online. This update will also fix the 'Check for update' not working. You can download from Bellshare - BerryBuzz
    09-15-10 01:38 PM
    The fixed build 3.1.12 is online. This update will also fix the 'Check for update' not working. [/url]
    Tried downloaing from bellshare and from crackberry, they both say the version is still 3.1.11
    09-15-10 03:49 PM
    Yes, still says it's 3.1.11
    09-15-10 07:22 PM
    Make sure you select 'Refresh' from the BlackBerry menu after you select to download BerryBuzz from Bellshare - BerryBuzz. If you tried to download within the last hours your Browser might still have cached the old version.
    09-15-10 07:32 PM
    Thanks, it works now.
    09-15-10 08:56 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD