1. I need something to give me a different color alert for messages, BBM messages, emails, missed calls. will this do that and how does it handle the color issue when there are more than one type of alert displayed?

2. is the app stable--ie I won't have problems with memory leaks, freezes, or other untoward behavior?

3. is there a better app for alert colors than berrybuzz?
    11-10-09 04:16 PM
    Yes, It will do all of the above. The application is very stable and I've suffered no ill effects from running it. It's also the best LED color changing application in my opinion...
    11-10-09 04:19 PM
    ah, that's encouraging, as that's the function I most want in an add-on rather than what some of the other utilities do. thanks!
    11-10-09 04:21 PM
    ah, that's encouraging, as that's the function I most want in an add-on rather than what some of the other utilities do. thanks!
    Anytime, it also works for Facebook and most Instant Messaging applications. Check out the "Disco" setting after you get it, I use that for incoming calls, pretty cool...
    11-10-09 04:25 PM
    cool! gonna give it a try momentarily. i'm getting tired of seeing the red LED flash when all i've got pending is an email.
    11-10-09 04:26 PM
    cool! gonna give it a try momentarily. i'm getting tired of seeing the red LED flash when all i've got pending is an email.
    You can use the colors available on the app, or make your own custom color, it rocks!
    11-10-09 04:28 PM
    You can use the colors available on the app, or make your own custom color, it rocks!

you mean the colors can mix, rather than just being primary colors?
    11-10-09 05:09 PM
    you mean the colors can mix, rather than just being primary colors?
    Yep, you can mix your own colors, but I have found that the "mix" worked better on my S1

One nice thing that I like on my S2 is that you can use "bright" versions of the standard colors, so instead of the regular red blink that I can barely see, I use bright red, which isn't that much brighter, but it is definitely nicer than the stock blink...the stock blink looks really dull now that I compare.

Berry Buzz is great, and was the first app I redownloaded onto my new S2 when I moved from the S1
    11-10-09 05:22 PM
    I downloaded trial of berry buzz to my phone. HELP!!!!!!!!

When I click the berrybuzz app it tells me to go to blackberry options (and it has cleared all my alerts). I've gone to options and don't know where to go from there. If I look at the alert setup screens they look the same as before--nothing new that I can see. HELP!!!
    11-10-09 05:23 PM
    I downloaded trial of berry buzz to my phone. HELP!!!!!!!!

When I click the berrybuzz app it tells me to go to blackberry options (and it has cleared all my alerts). I've gone to options and don't know where to go from there. If I look at the alert setup screens they look the same as before--nothing new that I can see. HELP!!!
    See my post in your other thread too, but there is now a BerryBuzz title in your Options menu. If you don't have that, there is an issue with the app, but there should be a BerryBuzz selection in your Options now. That's where you will configure everything
    11-10-09 05:37 PM
    See my post in your other thread too, but there is now a BerryBuzz title in your Options menu. If you don't have that, there is an issue with the app, but there should be a BerryBuzz selection in your Options now. That's where you will configure everything
    aha! OK! I see it now. I didn't realize there was going to be a new menu item in the root listing of the options--I expected...well...never mind. LOL!~ thanks much. I'll get it configured now.
    11-10-09 05:45 PM
    aha! OK! I see it now. I didn't realize there was going to be a new menu item in the root listing of the options--I expected...well...never mind. LOL!~ thanks much. I'll get it configured now.
    No worries. I know how crazy it can be, I got worried the first time I saw the cleared alerts warning too.
    11-10-09 05:48 PM
    whew!!

It's working fine and I have one "newbie" question now: what are the "reminder alert" settings for? on another page, there are settings for duration, so does that mean if you put in a reminder alert, it starts the process over, after the first series of flashes are complete?
    11-10-09 06:20 PM
    Yep, you can mix your own colors, but I have found that the "mix" worked better on my S1

One nice thing that I like on my S2 is that you can use "bright" versions of the standard colors, so instead of the regular red blink that I can barely see, I use bright red, which isn't that much brighter, but it is definitely nicer than the stock blink...the stock blink looks really dull now that I compare.

Berry Buzz is great, and was the first app I redownloaded onto my new S2 when I moved from the S1
    i transferred berrybuzz from my curve to my storm2 and its not working. did you do something different to get it working properly. it flashes like its supposed to but it doesnt have continuous vibrating until answered when programmed to do so.
    11-10-09 06:36 PM
    when berrybuzz is active, my ringtone sounds only once during an incoming call. Have I set something amiss or a bug? when i disable bb, ringer works normally
    11-10-09 06:45 PM
    when berrybuzz is active, my ringtone sounds only once during an incoming call. Have I set something amiss or a bug? when i disable bb, ringer works normally
    Do you have the 'buzz' part of it set up? The vibrate and ring part...
    11-10-09 06:49 PM
    Do you have the 'buzz' part of it set up? The vibrate and ring part...
    yes, it vibrates and rings together. but with berrybuzz app enabled, it only rings once on a voice call.
    11-10-09 06:54 PM
    Are you using a factory ringtone or downloaded one? Just curious is all...
    11-10-09 06:59 PM
    pilot error i guess. with more fiddling around, I can get it to ring more than once. lots of options!!
    11-10-09 07:04 PM
    Are you using a factory ringtone or downloaded one? Just curious is all...
    a factory (tocatta) one for general calls and and one music file set to my wife's phone but I've not had her phone call me while i'm setting this berrybuzz up. i'm calling from my home phone which uses the general factory ringtone (tocatta). I think maybe I'm getting a handle on this but have to try some more settings. whew!
    11-10-09 07:07 PM
    I got ya, I have a Tour and BerryBuzz works great. I figured there might be an issue because you have a new device and you're running the new 5.0 OS
    11-10-09 07:10 PM
    i think i found the culprit. despite having turned off the vibrate in the active profile, my home and wife's cell were set to "on", which overrides the active profile, inteferring with berrybuzz. tried it after adjusting those settings and it seems to work consistently, meaning the ringtones play 3 times when i receive a call.
    11-10-09 08:24 PM
    I hated just having a red light. I like being able to see a different light blinking for different messages..berrybuzz is a great app imo..2 thumbs up
    11-11-09 07:25 PM
    i think i found the culprit. despite having turned off the vibrate in the active profile, my home and wife's cell were set to "on", which overrides the active profile, inteferring with berrybuzz. tried it after adjusting those settings and it seems to work consistently, meaning the ringtones play 3 times when i receive a call.
    I hated just having a red light. I like being able to see a different light blinking for different messages..berrybuzz is a great app imo..2 thumbs up
    great to hear
    11-11-09 07:30 PM
    great to hear

yeah, thanks, I was beginning to doubt my sanity! I tried (or so I thought) every possible option, but had forgotten about the options that were set for my wife's cell and our home phone, which override the ringer/alert settings. Now I laugh when she calls, because I've got the Austin Power's ringtone (I posted a link on another thread). Everything is working great with Berrybuzz.

I'm still on the trial of BB--never bought anything from CB.com--from my S2, can I complete the purchase using a credit card?
    11-11-09 08:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD