I downloaded BerryBuzz today onto my Tour in an attempt to allow multiple repeated aural alerts for text messages, missed calls and voicemails. I have my nicely colored LED flashing, but so far have not been able to get the phone to chirp repeatedly for an "event" such as a text, missed call or VM. I have the BerryBuzz set up to repeat every 2 minutes, but it is not happening... yet!

What am I doing incorrectly?
    08-24-09 04:54 PM
    did you pull the battery?
    08-24-09 04:58 PM
    did you pull the battery?
    No. Is that something that needs to be done?
    08-24-09 05:00 PM
    It can't hurt. Many programs require a battery pull after installation for them to begin to work properly - or fully... try it.
    08-24-09 06:55 PM
    A battery pull did not solve the problem... still no repeat aural alerts for a text message. And that is why I purchased and downloaded the program in the first place. Anyone with ideas?
    08-24-09 09:12 PM
    I could be wrong but I think BerryBuzz is only used for LED flashing (at least, that's what I use it for). For audible tones, I believe you need SmartAlerts (same developer). I use both and like 'em. You might want to hop over to the Bellshare forums for more information. They've got a tutorial posted under the SmartAlerts forum that covers the products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 09:41 PM
    Make sure you actually have the profile set to do the tone. Go into your profile -> advanced and look for any option with (BerryBuzz) following it, click that and see if its set to vibrate, tone, or isnt muted.
    08-25-09 03:14 AM
    Make sure you actually have the profile set to do the tone. Go into your profile -> advanced and look for any option with (BerryBuzz) following it, click that and see if its set to vibrate, tone, or isnt muted.
    Yeah ,actually after my berrybuzz installed mine was muted like that and had to change them back.
    08-25-09 04:23 AM
    A quick read of the bellshare.com forums tells me that this lack of repeated aural alerts for VMs, text messages, missed calls etc is a common issue with BerryBuzz.
    08-25-09 07:04 AM
    Just because you have a smartphone, it doesn't make you smart. If the user can't figure out how to work the apps, that's their fault. I have my alerts working just fine.
    08-25-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD