Can anyone else identify with this issue or offer a solution?

I have BerryBuzz set to handle all my LEDs...it is actually working better than I had expected - very few bugs.

My main problem is with my sleep profile. The only difference in my sleep profile from my normal profile is that I have email alerts turned off because I don't want spam emails to wake me (whereas I don't mind texts/phone calls waking me).

The issue is that I cannot find a way to get BerryBuzz to stop the LED from blinking when I am using my "sleep" profile. Despite having the normal and BerryBuzz alerts set to "None" for Repeat Notifications, I am still waking up in the middle of the night seeing the LED flashing for an email.

To clarify: it is not vibrating or making any sounds, as I want it to. It's just that the green LED comes on when I want it to completely ignore emails.
    09-15-09 01:27 PM
    If you can't find a solution maybe jusy Place your bb face down??
    09-15-09 01:53 PM
    Can anyone else identify with this issue or offer a solution?

I have BerryBuzz set to handle all my LEDs...it is actually working better than I had expected - very few bugs.

My main problem is with my sleep profile. The only difference in my sleep profile from my normal profile is that I have email alerts turned off because I don't want spam emails to wake me (whereas I don't mind texts/phone calls waking me).

The issue is that I cannot find a way to get BerryBuzz to stop the LED from blinking when I am using my "sleep" profile. Despite having the normal and BerryBuzz alerts set to "None" for Repeat Notifications, I am still waking up in the middle of the night seeing the LED flashing for an email.

To clarify: it is not vibrating or making any sounds, as I want it to. It's just that the green LED comes on when I want it to completely ignore emails.
    Face down (which is what I would do) as coldfeet suggested, or go into the
    settings of BerryBuzz in the profiles and just set to mute the LED for the
    day that you're about to sleep and the day after. Then just unmute them in
    the morning.

For example, tonight if you sleep at 11, mute the LED for Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Then just unmute in the morning.
    09-15-09 01:56 PM
    I put a little towel over my bold cause the light is bright at
    night! Lol lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 04:30 PM
    See if I'm paying for an app I really would prefer not to have to do something like that...it's ridiculous.

First off I use my BB as my bedside clock so I need it face up. Second, like I said, I want to know about SMS/Missed Calls/BBMs - I just block out emails at night because most of the time they're crap.

The fact that there are profile settings to do something and it doesn't do it makes me discouraged to spend $6 on it. I guess I will email the developer and see what the response is.
    09-15-09 04:32 PM
    I have Berry buzz as well, and what I do is put my phone on phone only and have the profile set for no LED's and it works just great
    09-15-09 04:50 PM
    I have Berry buzz as well, and what I do is put my phone on phone only and have the profile set for no LED's and it works just great
    Same as I do - however I've noticed in the last week that even when I take the Bold out of sleep mode and have it set to a normal mode, occasionally the LED will stop working until I go back into the options of the clock menu and turn on the LED again. Do know why this is happening - but it is.
    09-15-09 05:11 PM
    When I have mine in bedside clock mode the led's don't flash. Try going to the clock, place it in bedside mode and see what happens. This works whether you berrybuzz or not. It also works when it's in the cradle.

09-15-09 05:17 PM
    When I have mine in bedside clock mode the led's don't flash. Try going to the clock, place it in bedside mode and see what happens. This works whether you berrybuzz or not. It also works when it's in the cradle.

I still want the LEDs for SMS/BBM/Missed call though...

The whole point of having seperate, specific profiles is to be able to customize this. Not just one big on/off switch without any specific options.
    09-15-09 06:28 PM
    it is because you can not control the LEDs from the profiles, when the LED is on its on and the only thing you can do is mute it like one person said, put it face down or put it on bedside mode. there is nothing the devs can do about it at this time.
    09-15-09 06:59 PM
    it is because you can not control the LEDs from the profiles, when the LED is on its on and the only thing you can do is mute it like one person said, put it face down or put it on bedside mode. there is nothing the devs can do about it at this time.
    Well that's confusing since there is clearly an option to enable or disable it - and it simply doesn't work. (Profiles/[Profile Name]/Email Reminder (BerryBuzz)/Repeat Notifications -> None or LED Flashing)
    09-15-09 08:12 PM
    Well that's confusing since there is clearly an option to enable or disable it - and it simply doesn't work. (Profiles/[Profile Name]/Email Reminder (BerryBuzz)/Repeat Notifications -> None or LED Flashing)
    yes there is but that is for the reminders. if you get an email or text the LED will stay on until you either open you messages or first screen/keyboard activity, whichever one you have it set for.
    09-15-09 08:19 PM
    yes there is but that is for the reminders. if you get an email or text the LED will stay on until you either open you messages or first screen/keyboard activity, whichever one you have it set for.
    So are you saying the setting actually does something or just that it is a setting for something that doesn't actually happen? Why not have BerryBuzz use that setting for the LED? Is it not possible?
    09-15-09 08:29 PM
    So are you saying the setting actually does something or just that it is a setting for something that doesn't actually happen? Why not have BerryBuzz use that setting for the LED? Is it not possible?
    as far as i know the setting does nothing and is only there because it has to be because berrybuzz cannot control things like that because rim puts limitations on things like that. and as far as having the settings control the led i believe it is another limitation by rim and something the devs cannot access.
    09-15-09 08:34 PM
    Options berrybuzz scroll down to settings. Stop led flashing after x number of minutes. Then stop reminders after x number of minues. I have mine set to 5 and 10 minutes respectively. The led will stop flashing. I know this is not exactly what your after. Just a suggestion.

09-15-09 08:43 PM
    as far as i know the setting does nothing and is only there because it has to be because berrybuzz cannot control things like that because rim puts limitations on things like that. and as far as having the settings control the led i believe it is another limitation by rim and something the devs cannot access.
    Well if it's not possible that is unfortunate. I would like to confirm that. The best alternative seems to be to turn all LEDs off in bedtime mode.
    09-15-09 09:13 PM
    Well if it's not possible that is unfortunate. I would like to confirm that. The best alternative seems to be to turn all LEDs off in bedtime mode.
    as far as i know that is the best solution. maybe the mods on bellshare will have a better idea or atleast confirm it.
    09-15-09 09:16 PM
    OK, just got done talking to Pfluger, the developer. According to him Berrybuzz can not recognize profile changes due to OS limitations. So until RIM allows them to recognize the profile changing this will not be possible.

Hopefully sometime in the future there will be the ability for Berrybuzz to recognize the profile changes.

Hopefully this helps.
    This from one of the mods at BellShare forums.

Thanks for your help.
    09-16-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD