Berrybuzz always worked for me without any problems. Now I've recently set up a second mail account and assigned a led notification to it in Berrybuzz. When I receive an email in this account the led will flash, but it won't stop when I open the inbox. The strange thing is: when I open my other -first- email inbox, the flashing on the second inbox stops.
    Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 11:00 AM
    You need to go into the setting for BerryBuzz and set the time in there.

Nathan
    03-04-10 11:04 AM
    Sorry I don't see what you mean. You mean the flash interval? There's no time settings in Berrybuzz and I don't see how that would solve the problem.

03-04-10 11:08 AM
    Try going to;

Options> BerryBuzz> Scroll to the bottom where it should say Settings.

Look in there.

Nathan
    03-04-10 11:10 AM
    Yes, but there are no time settings there, unless you mean flash intervals. The problem is the flashing won't stop on opening my 2nd inbox. No problems whatsoever with others apps, or my 1st inbox.

03-04-10 11:15 AM
    Not sure what else to tell you but try a battery pull.

Nathan
    03-04-10 11:19 AM
    Yeh tried that, doesn't work. Got a feeling it's got someting to do with email settings. Anyone else have ideas?

03-04-10 11:30 AM
    If you go into the "settings" in BerryBuzz, you can set "Stop LED Flashing" to a specific period of time.

For your specific issues, try going to the bottom of the settings page and change "Clear LED for Messages on" to "First Trackball/Trackpad activity" instead of "Opening Messages App"
    03-04-10 11:41 AM
    Yes, but even without "stop led flashing after X minutes" active, the led should stop upon opening the app. Again, all this works fine for my other email account and apps. It's just this 2nd mail inbox. Plus: it stops after opening the FIRST inbox, which is strange

03-04-10 11:46 AM
    I believe the issue has to do with the way the code recognizes the inboxes. Your first inbox is recognized by the app as the "messages" so to speak, the 2nd is not. Likely a limitation of the programming language, or perhaps something overlooked.

Test it. Next time you get an email to that second inbox, open your ""Messages" folder instead of that specific inbox. I would bet that it clears the LED.
    03-04-10 11:49 AM
    Thanks michael, yes I'm sure it would, but that doesn't solve the problem. Your explanation sounds plausable though, probably no way to work around

03-04-10 12:11 PM
    I'm having this problem too. I have two email accounts through my BB; one gmail account for personal, and a BIS account for work. The gmail notification will not cancel until I open the work account. None of my email accounts are set to go to the main messaging app.

I have only noticed this problem since installing OS 5.0.0.419 to my Tour. Before that it worked perfectly. I'm thinking that the enhanced gmail plugin that automagically comes with OS 5.0 is messing with the way BerryBuzz interacts with the messaging app.

I'm going to try adding a second gmail account tomorrow, and forward my work email to that. Hopefully this doesn't result in permanently flashing LEDs

If all else fails, I'll just have to delete BerryBuzz. But its better than having to deal with notifications that won't go away.

Edit: Just got an email notification of a new version of BerryBuzz (2.2.11) available for download. I'll give that a shot now.... Nope. Still keeps flashing after I open an email.
    Last edited by drewpy09; 03-15-10 at 12:11 AM. Reason: new version of BerryBuzz
    03-14-10 11:00 PM
    Bellshare just released a new version of berrybuzz tonight too, so you may wanna try that before you remove it all together.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 12:01 AM
    yeah thats why i removed berrybuzz it would keep flashing longer then the default "led" would flash . I just have 1 email, and sms alerts but would flash for a longer period then the default would. They will stop on their own eventually but not as the default would.
    The default flash would stop right when I check my alert the berrybuzz would flash til I closed it , I lived with it for awhile but have since removed it from my device got to be annoying .Battery pulls and OS where not the cause since had done that and 2 different OS as well .
    I saw it was recently udated and have not reinstalled no plans to default is working good enough .
    03-15-10 04:34 AM
    It's definitely the Enhanced Gmail plugin that is causing the problem. If I setup two gmail accounts, neither will cancel unless I open the main messaging app. I have turned off BerryBuzz for my email accounts, and will await an update.

Oh well, that's the price of progress I guess.
    03-15-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD