so ive only been using berrybuzz for the last day or so but i have noticed whenever i open a message (on my device or in outlook) the blinking led does not stop. this usually happens with pushed mail from a bes.

any ideas?
    08-04-09 01:07 PM
    Yes, this is by design, you must close out of the application that generated the LED, whether it's Messages, SMS, etc. I find that a little annoying too...
    08-04-09 01:11 PM
    If you open berrybuzz through your options menu and scroll all the way down to "settings" there is an option to "clear LED for messages" change this setting to "first trackball/keyboard activity". That worked for me. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:34 PM
    If you open berrybuzz through your options menu and scroll all the way down to "settings" there is an option to "clear LED for messages" change this setting to "first trackball/keyboard activity". That worked for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure how to solve that issue. I just tested Blackberry Alerts (Handango) and now trying this in order to determine which to buy. Now if I could get my phone to vibrate and flash LED on email, I will be all set. I didn't have to do anything to get that to work in BBAlerts. Thanks again
    08-04-09 03:31 PM

This only works about 25% of the time. Ive got that setting and as I sit here I have the light going from a message I opened 5 minutes ago.
    08-04-09 03:36 PM

Thanks, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure how to solve that issue. I just tested Blackberry Alerts (Handango) and now trying this in order to determine which to buy. Now if I could get my phone to vibrate and flash LED on email, I will be all set. I didn't have to do anything to get that to work in BBAlerts. Thanks again
    Just set your profile to vibrate on emails and let berrybuzz handle the led.
    08-04-09 03:37 PM
    Just set your profile to vibrate on emails and let berrybuzz handle the led.
    Thanks, I will have to dig into the profiles area for that, as I had my phone set to ring for calls but vibrate for messages (Phone Calls only setting) and now the phone rings but doesn't vibrate on incoming emails.
    08-04-09 04:03 PM
    As for the LED not stopping I have never had that problem, but has anyone ever seem the LED stick?..... Requires a battery pull.

Only seen it a couple times...
    08-04-09 04:14 PM
    After setting mine up like that I haven't had one problem with the LED blinking. As soon as I hit the trackball to open either messages or my sms/mms folder the LED goes out. I wonder if you are having a conflict with some other 3rd party app causing it to work only 25% of the time.

08-04-09 05:33 PM
    As for the LED not stopping I have never had that problem, but has anyone ever seem the LED stick?..... Requires a battery pull.

Only seen it a couple times...
    I was using Blink until this week and several times I had the LED stick. Kind of annoying having to do a battery pull.

I switched to berrybuzz and I like it a lot better. I have noticed that sometimes the LED will stop flashing when I read the message (SMS) but other times it will stop flashing when I exit the message application (SMS).

Random question... does anyone know how often the default flash rate is for the LED? Without any special applications installed?
    08-07-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD