I just got the BerryBuzz app and was wondering if anybody knew if I can have it ring with one color and for a certain contact, ring a different color. For Example: have it blink white but when my friend Amy calls me...it'll ring pink...I put this in the Tour section since that's what I'm using so if thread is in wrong area please forgive me. Thank you.
    09-26-09 02:25 AM
    I don't think berrybuzz will let you do this.
    I do believe smartalerts will. You can check it in the app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 02:29 AM
    Yes Smartalerts will do this.
    You can check it out here. It has a 7 day trial.

09-26-09 05:29 AM
    Color ID is free for two contacts. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...0ID%20-%20Free

09-26-09 07:13 AM
    I was wondering about this - if BerryBuzz and Color ID both are installed, what happens - which one overrides. Also I am trying to figure out what this means and how to do it. Whenever I launch BerryBuzz from Options, it says "for optimum performance, you will have to set the "Repeat notification/LED" for all items in your blackberry profiles to 'None'" Where can I go to do this? Just go to Profile, Ring/Tones, and turn "off" for LED/Vibration" off for each?
    09-26-09 07:23 AM
    That's in the Blackberry's native profile.

09-26-09 11:39 AM
    I have certain contacts not ring or blink or anything when call or text comes in but berrybuzz overrides and blinks the led. So I have to put berrybuzz off at certain hours. I would love this feature too.

09-26-09 12:37 PM
    It would be nice if BerryBuzz would support the feature.

09-26-09 03:13 PM
    Its currently an OS limitation that keeps Berrybuzz from doing that.

09-26-09 11:46 PM
    That makes sense, but why are the other programs mentioned able to do it?
    09-26-09 11:59 PM
    What other programs?

09-27-09 10:20 AM
    SmartAlerts anf ColorID as mentioned above

09-27-09 11:23 AM
    SmartAlerts anf ColorID as mentioned above

Sorry, I'm not understanding what your asking.

09-28-09 02:11 PM
    theres a program i got today. im not really sure how to work it yet but i made the led flash rainbow when i get an incoming call. its called buzzme
    09-28-09 04:58 PM
    I just got the BerryBuzz app and was wondering if anybody knew if I can have it ring with one color and for a certain contact, ring a different color. For Example: have it blink white but when my friend Amy calls me...it'll ring pink...I put this in the Tour section since that's what I'm using so if thread is in wrong area please forgive me. Thank you.
    Hi Julio, someone recently asked about this in another thread, so for simplicity, I will copy my response to them here:

Berry Buzz alone and Buzz Me do not allow you to assign a LED color combination to specific contacts. AFAIK you need to purchase Smart Alerts in addition to Berry Buzz to be able to do this @ a cost; close to $11.

We offer a free version of Color ID that will allow you to classify your contacts into 2 groups. If you would like to have an unlimited number of color combinations for contacts and/or groups of contacts, you will need to upgrade the app to our paid version for $6. There is no 'trial period' for our free version, so if you really only need to differentiate between 2 groups of contacts (ie. work and family) the free version will suit your needs. It is available in the Crackberry Store here:
    Color ID FREE - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Color ID does not affect your audio and vibrate settings; it only changes the LED notification colors so you can continue using your profiles as you always have.

Basically, you have the choice of paying $11 to be able to assign LED colors to specific contacts via Berry Buzz with Smart Alerts, or you can go with Color ID which is free for 2 different contacts (or groups of contacts), or pay for the $6 upgrade and be able to assign an unlimited number of colors to individual or groups of contacts' phone numbers and email addresses.

I hope it didn't confuse anyone, but if you have any other questions about Color ID, or need some tips for setting it up, let me know! We also have a helpful support team you can reach via email at support(at)motekmobile(dot)com.

Nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 10-28-09 at 10:32 AM.
    10-28-09 10:24 AM
    Hi Julio, someone recently asked about this in another thread, so for simplicity, I will copy my response to them here:

Berry Buzz alone and Buzz Me do not allow you to assign a LED color combination to specific contacts. AFAIK you need to purchase Smart Alerts in addition to Berry Buzz to be able to do this @ a cost; close to $11.

We offer a free version of Color ID that will allow you to classify your contacts into 2 groups. If you would like to have an unlimited number of color combinations for contacts and/or groups of contacts, you will need to upgrade the app to our paid version for $6. There is no 'trial period' for our free version, so if you really only need to differentiate between 2 groups of contacts (ie. work and family) the free version will suit your needs. It is available in the Crackberry Store here:
    Color ID FREE - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Color ID does not affect your audio and vibrate settings; it only changes the LED notification colors so you can continue using your profiles as you always have.

Basically, you have the choice of paying $11 to be able to assign LED colors to specific contacts via Berry Buzz with Smart Alerts, or you can go with Color ID which is free for 2 different contacts (or groups of contacts), or pay for the $6 upgrade and be able to assign an unlimited number of colors to individual or groups of contacts' phone numbers and email addresses.

I hope it didn't confuse anyone, but if you have any other questions about Color ID, or need some tips for setting it up, let me know! We also have a helpful support team you can reach via email at support(at)motekmobile(dot)com.

Nige
    What about using Color ID (free or paid depending on how many contacts you need to differentiate) in addition to BerryBuzz? Do they interfere with eachother at all? Basically, I have BerryBuzz and love it but would like for my girlfriend's text to blink a certain color.. would that one color assigned using Color ID override BerryBuzz's settings for all (other) texts?

Make sense?
    11-28-09 09:21 AM
    What about using Color ID (free or paid depending on how many contacts you need to differentiate) in addition to BerryBuzz? Do they interfere with eachother at all? Basically, I have BerryBuzz and love it but would like for my girlfriend's text to blink a certain color.. would that one color assigned using Color ID override BerryBuzz's settings for all (other) texts?

Make sense?
    I would think the 2 would clash but I honestly do not know.

I know Smartlaerts would work with it because they are both made by Bellshare to work together. Berrybuzz also works with Berrypopup and Berryweather if you have either of those apps.

11-30-09 01:03 PM
    i believe you can run both Color ID and bbuzz @ the same time. CID should override bbuzz only when you receive a message from a contact you have set some LED colors for in CID. Try downloading Color ID Lite and give it a shot. If it works, you can get the full version of CID

nige
    11-30-09 03:48 PM
    i believe you can run both Color ID and bbuzz @ the same time. CID should override bbuzz only when you receive a message from a contact you have set some LED colors for in CID. Try downloading Color ID Lite and give it a shot. If it works, you can get the full version of CID

nige
    Yes CID and Buzz will interfere with each other. The LED's will flash with for both of them. It also happens with the native programming for the LEDs and BerryBuzz. That's why it is recommended to turn off the repeat notifications in the sound profiles if you plan to use BerryBuzz.

SmartAlerts is a very nice program that actually allows you to set up a color alert for an individual email address, sms, or calendar event. It was part of BerryBuzz in the beginning but the testers at the time felt that it was a bit too much for a basic BB user to absorb. The original app was split into the two apps and they work with each other as well as BerryPopup.

Obviously the CID dev wants you to try to his app first since they seem to be jumping on any of the threads where SmartAlerts or BerryBuzz are mentioned to push their products. I'm not the developer for SmartAlerts or any of the other Bellshare products, but I do support them and I am a moderator/tester for them. Try out the trials and if you don't like them, you haven't lost anything.

I attached a screen shot of the homescreen for SmartAlerts. I removed the ones I had for privacy reasons.
    12-01-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD