I have had berrybuzz for a long time on my Storm and a few weeks back upgraded to 2.1.22 via the email I receieved from Crackberry

Now whenever I launch berrybuzz I get told that I do not have the correct touchscreen version and that its for trackball.

Any ideas where to get the correct version for the Storm?

And when I install it, will it wipe out my settings for the LEDs etc so I have to enter them again?

cheers
    09-25-09 04:17 AM
    delete the version on your phone and use this link to download the correct version
    09-25-09 10:52 AM
    Now how do you download this from saved file into Storm? I have Desktop mgr. but cannot seem to get this app into desktop mgr. and then into Storm.
    I have a folder on my comps desktop with this app in it? Also do i need to uninstall the current Berrybuzz that I got from CB?
    09-26-09 11:05 AM
    I bought this app last night and have all the settings done. I have a couple ?'s though:

Where do I find "repeat notification LED setting to "None" for BlackBerry Profiles. I've looked all over my Profile settings and can't find this anywhere.

I also keep getting a message that this version is not right for my touchscreen and to go to the bellshare site for the upgrade. When I go there it shows the same version that I currently have. 2.1.22. Is there something new there even though the version is the same?

I love this app and want to get the most out of it, but guess I need help.

Thanks!
    09-26-09 11:55 AM
    BerryBuzz is the most important app on my Storm. I downloaded the upgrade that is compatible with .230 and everything works great....so I thought, It seems that my phone will not ring if BerryBuzz is active. The lights are right but the phone only vibrates. I hope this is fixed soon. I love this program.
    09-26-09 11:58 AM
    Now how do you download this from saved file into Storm? I have Desktop mgr. but cannot seem to get this app into desktop mgr. and then into Storm.
    I have a folder on my comps desktop with this app in it? Also do i need to uninstall the current Berrybuzz that I got from CB?
    Never mind I went and found a link on bellshares web site and then pasted the link into my BB email addy. I sent it to myself and was able to download it from there. Works great and my phone rings still.
    09-26-09 12:15 PM
    Never mind I went and found a link on bellshares web site and then pasted the link into my BB email addy. I sent it to myself and was able to download it from there. Works great and my phone rings still.
    glad you figured it out. all of the links are OTA
    09-26-09 12:16 PM
    I bought this app last night and have all the settings done. I have a couple ?'s though:

Where do I find "repeat notification LED setting to "None" for BlackBerry Profiles. I've looked all over my Profile settings and can't find this anywhere.

I also keep getting a message that this version is not right for my touchscreen and to go to the bellshare site for the upgrade. When I go there it shows the same version that I currently have. 2.1.22. Is there something new there even though the version is the same?

Thanks!
    there are two versions available the 4.2 and higher for phones with keypads and the 4.7 for storm only. delete berrybuzz from your phone and use this link to download OTA. you should see the setting after install is complete

and for the repeat LED notifications go to your profiles and turn the LED off for everything. your phone, email, sms, mms, bbm, well you get the idea
    Last edited by kcpaynev1; 09-26-09 at 12:21 PM.
    09-26-09 12:19 PM
    BerryBuzz is the most important app on my Storm. I downloaded the upgrade that is compatible with .230 and everything works great....so I thought, It seems that my phone will not ring if BerryBuzz is active. The lights are right but the phone only vibrates. I hope this is fixed soon. I love this program.
    make sure you dont have your phone set to vibrate in the profiles

also just thought of this if you have the vibe set in berry buzz to certain numbers that could cause the ringtone to mute. you should have it set to vibe burst duration - 4s and pause between burst - 2s anything lower could mute the ringtone
    Last edited by kcpaynev1; 09-26-09 at 12:32 PM.
    09-26-09 12:22 PM

Thanks!
    I ignore the setting "None", I think it would be best if you get the link from above post kcpaynev1 and delete your version and let phone re boot and then reinstall from new link. I would post the link for you here, but I am 2 posts short of being able to post links.
    09-26-09 12:23 PM
    make sure you dont have your phone set to vibrate in the profiles
    I only have vibrate set when In holster, so why do we need vibrate outside of holster? I get the LEDs like I am suppose to?
    09-26-09 12:25 PM
    I ignore the setting "None", I think it would be best if you get the link from above post kcpaynev1 and delete your version and let phone re boot and then reinstall from new link. I would post the link for you here, but I am 2 posts short of being able to post links.
    if you ignore the setting you get the default LED color before the custom color kicks in
    09-26-09 12:26 PM
    I only have vibrate set when In holster, so why do we need vibrate outside of holster? I get the LEDs like I am suppose to?
    since berrybuzz lets you have vibe and ring and the native vibration which vibes first and than rings if you have both set they could mute tones
    09-26-09 12:29 PM
    there are two versions available the 4.2 and higher for phones with keypads and the 4.7 for storm only. delete berrybuzz from your phone and use this link to download OTA. you should see the setting after install is complete

and for the repeat LED notifications go to your profiles and turn the LED off for everything. your phone, email, sms, mms, bbm, well you get the idea
    I went thru and turned all to off, there is no none setting. I then found I have a whole bunch of berrybuzz settings now under Other: saved below all the other settings, do we leave those alone?
    09-26-09 12:52 PM
    I went thru and turned all to off, there is no none setting. I then found I have a whole bunch of berrybuzz settings now under Other: saved below all the other settings, do we leave those alone?
    off, none same difference. the setting under other are for your reminder alerts, do what you want to those
    09-26-09 12:56 PM
    i just downloaded 5.0.0.230. i got my BerryBuzz LED alerts and sound alerts working but i cant get my buzz working with the LED ? i'm sure its something simple but i'm lost. anyone?
    09-26-09 10:28 PM
    i just downloaded 5.0.0.230. i got my BerryBuzz LED alerts and sound alerts working but i cant get my buzz working with the LED ? i'm sure its something simple but i'm lost. anyone?
    delete the version on your phone and use this link to download the correct version
    make sure when you delete the old version you do a COMPLETE BATTERY PULL.

then reinstall using that link.

credit to kc
    09-26-09 11:38 PM
    make sure when you delete the old version you do a COMPLETE BATTERY PULL.

then reinstall using that link.

credit to kc
    thanks john

make sure you have all LED alerts off in your profiles as well. turn them off in phone, email, sms, mms, well you get the idea
    09-26-09 11:44 PM
    off, none same difference. the setting under other are for your reminder alerts, do what you want to those
    I have installed .230, wiped, erased, deleted my original version of BerryBuzz which was working great on the old OS. Battery pulled. Rebooted twice. downloaded the 4.7 or higher version, and I still get a blank page where all the settings used to be. Would you be kind enough to help me figure out what I missed? I have a sloght headache from this...
    Thanks!
    09-27-09 11:44 PM
    I have installed .230, wiped, erased, deleted my original version of BerryBuzz which was working great on the old OS. Battery pulled. Rebooted twice. downloaded the 4.7 or higher version, and I still get a blank page where all the settings used to be. Would you be kind enough to help me figure out what I missed? I have a sloght headache from this...
    Thanks!
    calm down this is a easy one there is a current beta which allows berrybuzz to work with .230 the one you are trying to download is probably not compatible. just send this link to your blackberry via email or visit this thread from your browser to download the beta version to work with your OS. http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/bet.../berrybuzz.jad also reminder alerts dont work because there is a flaw in the OS. if you have any problems just ask
    09-27-09 11:54 PM
    And the Lions won!!! Detroit must be "buzzing". Pardon the pun, trying the link now... need to remove the old...
    09-28-09 12:09 AM
    Yea I forgot that part. Make sure you delete the old version and do a physical battery pull.

Also the lions won. Holy cow at least they will have one win this season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 12:12 AM
    A few things are different, no battery full indicator, and the colors are not as well defined as I remember. Other than that, I'm back in business. Thanks for the assist!!

Don't go tearing up the city now that the Lions won, try to remain calm!
    09-28-09 12:32 AM
    II think ill be able to contain myself

And I'm not sure about the changes since I'm not running .230 and haven't heard anything about them. Try doing a battery pull or if you want delete and reinstall if you have anymore questions just find me and shoot me a pm. Also you will find a lot of help in the official bellshare forums, link iw in my sig

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 12:41 AM
    I have the same question. What should we set the led to for the berrybuzz reminders down in Other:? DO we go with Normal Setting, On or Off? Which one will give us the correct color?
    09-30-09 09:32 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD