I searched for anything regarding BerryBuzz to no avail, sent the dev and email (which has not been answered) So I figured i would ask the experts...

Have BerryBuzz installed on .247 (BES) all works as expected except for email LED notification, I followed the directions and disabled the LED in profiles.

When the:
    • BB is locked I get no email LED.
    • BB is unlocked email LED works as expected.
    • BB is Locked with content protection disabled, email LED works as expected.

I guess my question is: Am I just being stupid and missing a step? if so what am I doing wrong? If not, How important is content protection? (seems fairly important to me)

Thanks for any advice
    03-18-09 02:35 PM
    I use BerryBuzz but I don't think I can answer your question because it works fine on my bb - locked or unlocked - but I don't know what content protection is. Something related to BES, I am guessing.
    03-18-09 02:59 PM
    Mine works fine as well, locked or unlocked. It also works nicely with vibandring and autostandby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 04:51 PM
    well crap, I'm considering trying a wipe and reload to see if that helps the problem as I am out of ideas...
    03-18-09 05:11 PM
    But what is content protection?
    03-18-09 05:29 PM
    Per another thread:

"content protection is tied to passwording your phone. If you enable content protection, the device encrypts all sensitive data on the phone (messages, browser cache, address book, etc.). The idea is that if someone gets a hold of your phone, they cannot hook it up to a pc and use a program to gain access to the file structure and your information. Think of it like this, the normal password protection just prevents someone from accessing the device and looking at it from the phone. They can still hook it up to a pc, and if they know what they're doing, gain access to your stuff in a round about way. By encrypting the data, they can't use it even if they do that, unless they know your password. Think about it as extra peace of mind on your data."
    03-18-09 05:41 PM
    Per another thread:

"content protection is tied to passwording your phone. If you enable content protection, the device encrypts all sensitive data on the phone (messages, browser cache, address book, etc.). The idea is that if someone gets a hold of your phone, they cannot hook it up to a pc and use a program to gain access to the file structure and your information. Think of it like this, the normal password protection just prevents someone from accessing the device and looking at it from the phone. They can still hook it up to a pc, and if they know what they're doing, gain access to your stuff in a round about way. By encrypting the data, they can't use it even if they do that, unless they know your password. Think about it as extra peace of mind on your data."
    Hey, thanks for this. But is it on my phone somewhere?
    03-18-09 05:44 PM
    Options>Security Options>General Settings>Content Protection

options are -

Content Protection:
    Enable
    Disabled

Strength:
    Strong
    Stronger
    Strongest

Include Contacts:
    Yes
    No
    03-18-09 05:49 PM
    Huh. Okay.

Sorry I couldn't help you with BerryBuzz. But thanks for the info.
    03-18-09 06:02 PM
    Huh. Okay.

Sorry I couldn't help you with BerryBuzz. But thanks for the info.
    No problem, thanks for trying!

03-18-09 06:57 PM
    2 questions. First, can anyone tell me if this works with tasks? I'm trying to find something as in a WM device that when a task comes due, it doesn't just alert you once and then just disappear.

2) non related to this specifically, but HOW do you subscribe to a thread without posting.
    03-19-09 09:59 AM
    1) I know for sure it works for calendar events, unsure about the tasks... Sorry can't help much there

2) At top of thread, select thread tools, subscribe

03-19-09 10:31 AM
    1) I know for sure it works for calendar events, unsure about the tasks... Sorry can't help much there

2) At top of thread, select thread tools, subscribe

Thank you.
    03-19-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD