I've read through the product description and through a couple threads I searched out and wanted some clarification before diving into this app. If anyone has some input that would be great.

1. can you assign specific LED colors to contacts? so i know when i've missed a call or email from a specific person or domain?

2. it sounds like you have to go in and clear out some of the blackberry profile information. is this terribly time consuming and if you stop using the program is there an easy way to put the setting back to the way that you had them?

3. are there some other general limitations that the program has, bad or otherwise, that you care to share??

4. are there other advantages of this program not listed in the product description you care to share?

thanks all. i appreciate the help!!!
    08-14-09 11:35 AM
    1. you can not assign a custom led to a specific contact yet

2. you just have to turn off all LEDs in you profiles to get the custom LED to work properly.

3. i have never had a problem running berrybuzz

4. i havent read the descriptoin since i bought it so i cant really tell ya.

plain and simple buy berrybuzz. you will love it.
    08-14-09 11:55 AM
    What he said ^. Best app I have on my phone. I love the fact that while at work or in a meeting with the phone on quiet mode I know if it's a personal or work related message/call/email just by looking at the led instead of touching the phone.
    08-14-09 12:03 PM
    1.) No. But as advertised in the product descriptions... you can assign different colors to different things. In my BerryBuzz, I can assign colors to the following:
    - SMS
    - MMS
    - BlackBerry Messenger
    - PIN Message (via Messaging App)
    - Calendar
    - Tasks
    - Missed Call
    - Coverage Indicator
    - Incoming Call

2.) Yes, it is quite annoying to have to do it. You basically have to set "Repeat Notification" -> None... and do this twice, once for "Out of Holster" and once for "In Holster". And then you repeat this for anything/everything you want custom notifications for. It IS incredibly time consuming - but I haven't stopped using (or uninstalled) BerryBuzz so I don't know what it will be like to revert to the defaults.

3.) Yes, I have 2 things I want to cover for additional shortcomings:

A. While it is true you can set a different color and sound for different notifications, in the BerryBuzz options you configure the color and "Reminder Alert Every __ seconds". That timer there is specific to the SOUND notification. So if you set it at 10 seconds, the sound you defined for that notification will go off every 10 seconds. Under "settings" WITHIN BerryBuzz, there is an option called "LED Pause Between Flashes". This is where the shortcoming is: the timer here applies to ALL of the LED flash notifications. In other words, say you set it to 5 seconds... if you get a missed call, your LED will flash the color you set every 5 seconds. Let's say you want a SMS notification (different color) to flash every 30 seconds... there is no way to do a different timer interval for the LED flash, separate timer intervals are only defined for SOUND.

B. The other shortcoming I have to comment on is kind of stupid, but basically if you put a case on your phone... the LEDs sometimes don't shine through as much which then defeats the whole purpose of your custom colors. Not really BerryBuzz's fault I guess.

4.) One surprise I found was that on top all the various colors you can choose (white, red, green, blue, turquoise, purple, orange, yellow) you can also choose a "bright" version of that color which is just a higher intensity of the LED light. Also, you are able to "add custom color" in which you are presented with a slider bar of the rainbow colors, and you can pick your custom color... which I didn't use but is pretty cool nonetheless.

I hope all this helps, PM me if you have any issues with using BerryBuzz as I've messed with it for a while now and think I have it pretty much figured out.
    08-14-09 02:00 PM
    thanks everyone for the feedback. i appreciate your input. this sounds like an addition i will have to make to the blackberry app lineup.
    08-14-09 08:57 PM
    berrybuzz pro works great for me.
    08-19-09 03:21 AM
    kcpaynev1
    1. you can not assign a custom led to a specific contact yet
    2. you just have to turn off all LEDs in you profiles to get the custom LED to work properly.
    3. i have never had a problem running berrybuzz
    4. i havent read the descriptoin since i bought it so i cant really tell ya.
    plain and simple buy berrybuzz. you will love it.
    (snip)..
    2.) Yes, it is quite annoying to have to do it. You basically have to set "Repeat Notification" -> None... and do this twice, once for "Out of Holster" and once for "In Holster". And then you repeat this for anything/everything you want custom notifications for. It IS incredibly time consuming - but I haven't stopped using (or uninstalled) BerryBuzz so I don't know what it will be like to revert to the defaults....(snip)
    Thanks for all that info on explaining settings it helped alot

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that
    LOL
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-19-09 at 06:53 AM.
    08-19-09 06:35 AM
    Actually for pt 1, you can assign a specific LED colour to a specific contact but you need to get SmartAlert as well. It works quite well with BerryBuzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 07:07 AM
    Actually for pt 1, you can assign a specific LED colour to a specific contact but you need to get SmartAlert as well. It works quite well with BerryBuzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats cool to know to another tip for me ,
    08-19-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD