I am going to take the plunge and get SmartAlert which should be able to do what you need with BBM.
    08-21-09 04:34 PM
    Any chance of Berry Buzz developers including being able to customize LED notifications for each caller especially when the device is on vibrate in the office.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They have an app that works with BerryBuzz to allow this called SmartAlerts

Have any of you heard about SmartAlert?
    I've heard of it but never used it. From what I understand though you are able to set custom LED notifications and tones for separate contacts based on custom profiles and exceptions you have created.

They do have a free trial for you to give it a try before you take the plunge and spend the money on it.

08-21-09 05:54 PM
    I will try SmartAlerts and let you know how it works. I had considered Color ID except no disco lights and a couple of users have mentioned that Color ID is a memory hog and have removed the app.
    08-21-09 06:50 PM
    I downloaded the trail then i entered the license for that app and now the LED lights don't work, every setting I had before is the same just the lights don't come on, did I do something wromg?
    08-21-09 10:12 PM
    I downloaded the trail then i entered the license for that app and now the LED lights don't work, every setting I had before is the same just the lights don't come on, did I do something wromg?
    Check to see if you have bedside mode on. If it is, turn it off.
    08-22-09 02:48 AM
    OK, forgive me if this has already been covered or just obvious.... will BerryBuzz allow repeated audio alerts for incoming text messages, missed calls etc? The LED is fine and good, but you still have to look at your phone to know there is a message. I have always had phones which would chirp every so often until you acknowledged that there was an incoming"event", be it a VM, text or missed call.
    08-23-09 02:50 PM
    Yes it does.
    08-23-09 02:50 PM
    I just started playing with BerryBuzz as I got a deal on Berryweather; both are awesome.
    08-23-09 03:07 PM
    Love BerryBuzz; no experience with the other programs mentioned here. One note though, I don't like how its option to vibe & ring together still vibrates when in the off profile. I have this feature turned off on BerryBuzz - but this is a new option in the latest version of BBLight. Vibes and rings when my normal profile is active; no vibe or ring when profile set to off. IIRC BBlight was free.

08-23-09 04:26 PM
    Hmm, seems like BerryBuzz is worth it. Might give it a try sometime.
    08-23-09 04:26 PM
    I have gotten SmartAlerts as well and setup some alerts. I have posted a question regarding customization in a new thread. Anyone that could help? I would really appreciate it.
    08-23-09 08:27 PM
    I just installed the trail version for berrybuzz I don't think its all that. Before for I get bashed in here let me explain. I use the free version of buzzme and never had a problem I read a lot of you that have tried buzzme had some problems. I have never tried the pro version but the free version for me is good enough. Berrybuzz has the cool led set up but you have to set up the profiles. My down fall with berrybuzz is it vib & rings at the same time but what about the other notifications with buzzme i installed it and that was it. I only have it vibrate while its in the holster but with berrybuzz my phone vibrate and ring out of the holster and it doesn't give you the option to change that. The disco led is hot and having the led set up for each is nice but I think besides that, thats all the software offers. I never had to reset my profile with buzzme and I have my phone set up to reboot at 2:30 am. Just wanted to add my opinion to this topic if anyone knows how to get berrybuzz to vibrate when its in the holster only please help.

Thanks
    08-27-09 10:04 PM
    My down fall with berrybuzz is it vib & rings at the same time but what about the other notifications with buzzme i installed it and that was it.
    What?

If you want a simple vibe while ringing app and are too lazy to play with the settings, by all means, BuzzMe is for you.

If you want a vibe and ring app + customizable LED's, BerryBuzz is better.

All of this is in my opinion of course. I've had BuzzMe before BerryBuzz and I like the latter.
    08-28-09 12:46 AM
    What?

If you want a simple vibe while ringing app and are too lazy to play with the settings, by all means, BuzzMe is for you.

All of this is in my opinion of course. I've had BuzzMe before BerryBuzz and I like the latter.

To clarify please....

Can berrrybuzz make my phone ring and vibrate in and out of the pouch, on all functions? Incoming call, SMS, MMS, Email, BBM, everything? Can I adjust the vibration pulses for every function? (Phone call = 4 short pulses, SMS = 1 long pulse, etc.) The LED thing is cool, I am more worried about the vibration setttings. I can't understand why BB is so far behind on this.....

Thank you

Tim
    08-28-09 07:53 AM
    Berry Buzz plus SmartAlerts will allow a great deal of customization of LED alerts and vibrate/ring. In Berry Buzz, there is a profiles button that open your profiles on your device. There is an option for vibrate while ringing as well as the vibration burst and time between vibrations.
    08-28-09 10:49 AM
    To clarify please....

Can berrrybuzz make my phone ring and vibrate in and out of the pouch, on all functions? Incoming call, SMS, MMS, Email, BBM, everything? Can I adjust the vibration pulses for every function? (Phone call = 4 short pulses, SMS = 1 long pulse, etc.) The LED thing is cool, I am more worried about the vibration setttings. I can't understand why BB is so far behind on this.....

Thank you

Tim
    Yes, I believe BerryBuzz does most, if not all of that.
    08-28-09 12:00 PM
    Yes, I believe BerryBuzz does most, if not all of that.
    I purchased and registered berrybuzz and can not find where to activate vibrate/ring for anything other than incoming call. So far I am NOT impressed. It looks like this app is mainly for the LED, NOT the vibration function. Why even call it berrybuzz, it should be called berryLED..... I sent a message to see if they can help me. What a dissappoinment.....
    08-28-09 01:23 PM
    The main purpose of this app is to get your phone to vibrate while its ringing. The LED customization is a side plus IMO. That being said, it rings and vibrates at the same time for an incoming call. Everything else is vibrate then ring like usual. And as for the adjusting the burst, its also only for incoming call. Sorry for the confusion.
    08-28-09 01:29 PM
    To clarify please....

Thank you

Tim
    I thought I CLEARLY defined that I wanted these functions in my first post...

Oh well, Buzzme here is come....
    08-28-09 01:38 PM
    can somebody help me? i don't know why but it keeps saying my license key is not vaild......i bought it and im using the registration key # they gave me in the email
    08-28-09 03:01 PM
    SmartAlerts helps take Berry Buzz to the next level of LED customization and ringtone profiles as well.
    08-28-09 04:58 PM
    What?

I think we all want a simple program that works. I'm not too lazy when it comes to playing with these programs but a puzzle is another thing. If you had buzzme then you should understand what I was saying. The led is cool with berrybuzz don't get me wrong but vib and ring at the same time only happens for incoming calls. Buzzme had it for all email, sms, etc.
    08-28-09 06:38 PM
    I thought I CLEARLY defined that I wanted these functions in my first post...

Oh well, Buzzme here is come....
    Buzzme does this for sure I have the free version on my phone and didn't have a problem with it real simple to do. I have mine set up to only vib and ring when in the holster. Search the app store for it make sure you look for free version. No led set up like berrybuzz just vib/ring that's it.
    08-28-09 06:42 PM
    so I got the trial version for BerryBuzz 2.0 and I want to know what is the difference between that and the full version.
    Is this a 14 day trial? Are there some features missing?
    08-28-09 08:04 PM
    The trial only works for 7 days. After that, it won't work unless you purchase it.
    08-28-09 08:16 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD