Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    If I use BerryBuzz to control LED reminders for various things - eg distinct colors for events/tasks, SMS/MMS, and phone calls - it appears to over-ride the default LED notification system for things like Bluetooth connections.

Are there settings which I can tweak so that I can use BerryBuzz AND simultaneously not lose any default system LED notifications (such as blue tooth)?

If not, where can I post a formal request for BerryBuzz support for notification of Bluetooth status (e.g., flashing turquoise for Bluetooth on; flashing blue for active Bluetooth connection)? And while we are at it, how about an LED indicator (eg flashing pink) for when location services are on?
    09-29-10 10:22 PM
    You can find a How To by following this link.

I use my Bluetooth for numerous things every day (my car connection, headset, and earpiece) and Buzz does not override it. It still flashes blue. I also have an led for when I am out of service range that flashes Orange.

YOu can choose how it alerts you.

What version of BerryBuzz are you using? You can get the latest version 3.1.18 here
    Last edited by Morgase; 09-29-10 at 11:19 PM.
    09-29-10 11:11 PM
    Using 3.1.18 on my Torch. Read the how-to, and online help already. It appears to me that BerryBuzz overides native LED system. I can see multiple LED flashes for stuff under BerryBuzz control ( eg alternating red for calendar or task then yellow for missed call etc as I have specified them) but not system LED simultaneously with BerryBuzz.

Morgase, are you also using a Torxch?

Can you try the following:
    1) establish an active bluetoooth connection - Blue LED flashes
    2) Trigger a BerryBuzz reminder (eg red flash for calendar event or task) - LED flashes whatever color you specified BUT blue flash no longer visible
    3) Clear event (eg dismiss reminder) so that associated LED flash stops (eg no longer red flash) - blue now visible again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by somainer; 09-30-10 at 06:18 AM.
    09-30-10 06:09 AM
    berrybuzz doesnt override my bluetooth LED. That's really the only one I did not touch.
    09-30-10 06:48 AM
    Bluestym - do you have a Torch and did you try the exact steps outlined in my 2nd post? I am trying to determine if the problem is specific to my setup and/or phone.

thanks, greg
    09-30-10 09:29 AM
    Yes I do have a Torch and I am also an Alpha tester and Mod for Bellshare. I can tell you BerryBuzz will only override what you allow it to. In fact one of the things we tell you to do is to disable your native LED's to allow BerryBuzz to take over.

I'm on my way to work right now but will test what you have but it may be difficult to duplicate if I don't know all of your settings.

I'll respond back in a bit.
    10-01-10 09:38 AM

Can you try the following:
    1) establish an active bluetoooth connection - Blue LED flashes
    2) Trigger a BerryBuzz reminder (eg red flash for calendar event or task) - LED flashes whatever color you specified BUT blue flash no longer visible
    3) Clear event (eg dismiss reminder) so that associated LED flash stops (eg no longer red flash) - blue now visible again

I'm a bit confused. When you get an alert for something you should be seeing that LED flash prominently until you clear it. Normally the Alert LED will flash and depending on how long you leave it, the BT led will flash later.

Are you expecting the LED to flash blue and the alert at the same time?
    10-01-10 09:44 AM
    I experienced this same issue yesterday on my Torch (using BerryBuzz 3.1.18 for OS 6.0) when heading home from the office.

1. Turned on Bluetooth and connected to my BT headset. At that point, I got the flashing blue LED for the active BT connection.
    2. On my way out, I received an e-mail. The BerryBuzz LED indicator flashed correctly with the sequence I had programmed. I checked the e-mail and closed Messages folder.
    3. When I got in the car and put the 9800 in the holder, I noticed that the blue LED was no longer flashing. I waited a couple of minutes, checked that the BT connection was still active (it was), but still no flashing blue LED.

This is more of a nuisance bug than anything. I can still tell I have an active connection with the bold BT symbol, or if I check my Service Status, but it would be nice to just glance at the flashing blue LED.
    10-01-10 10:49 AM
    I've been able to duplicate this. I'm also talking to the dev about it. While its possible that buzz and the BT led are conflicting, we think its also a timing issue because the BT indicator does reset. Its taking about 10 minutes for the BT led to start. I've also tested this on my 9700 and I've asked a tester with 9550 to check. Its just the Torch that seems to be doing it.

The dev is aware of it now and we'll be checking it some more.

10-01-10 12:20 PM
    Morgase - Thanks for looking into this...

not sure if this additional info helps any but:

a) if I have an active bluetooth connection then everytime there is an alert that is conifgured to be assoicated with an LED flash in BerryBuzz, the blue LED stops flashing - but sometimes it comes back immediately after I clear the alert (eg press dismiss for a calendar event) and other times it does not return (maybe it does come back after 10 minutes like you indicated, but I never bothered to wait that long).

b) if I have an active bluetooth connection and BerryBuzz is configured such that it only controls audio and vibration (ie all LED colors = Off; this has been my temp workaround to the vanishing blue LED issue, as it gives me the multiple audio/vibration reminders I primarily want and maintain the blue LED functionality), then if I go into BerryBuzz options to add an LED flash to an item in BerryBuzz, after it flashes a sample of my chosen color, my bluetooth indicator stops working.

Am hoping an adequate fix can be found in a future release - but frankly I would be psyched if the developer would consider instead explore adding the type of notification for bluetooth and location services indicated in my original post: e.g., so I can set flashing turquoise for Bluetooth on; flashing blue for active Bluetooth connection); and flashing pink for when location services are on. Knowing whether or not Bluetooth and GPS are on would be quite useful - form the standpoint of extending battery life.
    10-01-10 01:33 PM
    bump!

any update on this issue?
    10-12-10 01:24 PM
    I have BeBuzz and have it all altered for when I get a message or when my phone is fully charged. Can the LED possibly give out at some point from over use?
    10-12-10 10:37 PM
    I have BeBuzz and have it all altered for when I get a message or when my phone is fully charged. Can the LED possibly give out at some point from over use?
    Most LED lights have a life expectancy of 10's of thousands of hours. I think the other components on the phone will give out long before the LED does.
    10-13-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD