Hey all -

I just recently switched to the 8530 and love it!! I swapped out my S2 for it as I was looking for a smaller, lightweight device and wanted a keyboard again, and this is perfect. Does everything my S2 did but in a more compact form.

Anyway...I had BerryBuzz on my S2 and my old Tour as well and love the app. I keep my phone on vibrate 98% of the time so it's nice to see the change of colors in the LED so i know what type of message is coming in.

Question is this, with the LED so tiny on the 8530, is BerryBuzz worth the purchase?? It's hard to see the pinhole LED as it is and not sure its worth getting. Anyone out there use BerryBuzz with their 8530?? If so, is it worth it??

Thanks all!
    05-26-10 08:28 AM
    Can't go wrong with color notifications...
    05-26-10 08:36 AM
    Do you still have the registration codes? If so, you should be able to do a PIN swap and install BerryBuzz back onto your 8530 and use the same reg code. That is what I did on mine coming from my Tour to my now 8530. There should be an option in your store account to request a PIN change.

But to answer your original question - yes I do think it is worth it. Granted the LED is much smaller I don't think it is small enough to be worthless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 09:03 AM
    Where would you go to purchase this!?! I got mine for free!
    05-26-10 09:05 AM
    Do you still have the registration codes? If so, you should be able to do a PIN swap and install BerryBuzz back onto your 8530 and use the same reg code. That is what I did on mine coming from my Tour to my now 8530. There should be an option in your store account to request a PIN change.

But to answer your original question - yes I do think it is worth it. Granted the LED is much smaller I don't think it is small enough to be worthless.

You know I tried that yesterday but did not see the option. I was able to do a PIN swap on some other apps but the option wasn't listed for BerryBuzz. Only listed the option to email them. Maybe I'll try and do that. But thanks, for the reply. If i can swap it out then may as well have it.
    05-26-10 09:09 AM
    Sounds like a plan! I was able to swap mine over.....so maybe I was lucky? good luck!

05-26-10 09:11 AM
    You know I tried that yesterday but did not see the option. I was able to do a PIN swap on some other apps but the option wasn't listed for BerryBuzz. Only listed the option to email them. Maybe I'll try and do that. But thanks, for the reply. If i can swap it out then may as well have it.
    Were you using BerryBuzz V2.2.11??
    05-26-10 09:21 AM
    It worked! I emailed them and then they send you a response to log on to their transfer website and you just put in your new PIN and they email you the latest version along with a new activation code. I installed and it actually looks good on the 8530. I thought it would be hard to see based on the size of the LED indicator, but its looks great!

Thanks for the input!
    05-26-10 09:47 AM
    Love Buzz on the 8520, small led, but it still shines bright with this app.
    05-26-10 10:45 AM
    BBuzz is one of my fave apps. Love the way it works on my 8530 & as an added bonus it gives my iphone wielding girlfriend Blackberry envy.
    05-26-10 11:02 AM
    Ok..my past 2 posts were ignored...hope 3rd time is a charm...what version does everyone use? Only reason i'm asking is because ppl are saying they had to pay for it?!? i got it for free...i'm using V2.2.11. Is this not the same app?!
    05-26-10 11:02 AM
    I am using 3.0.59. There might be a free version but it could limit functionality.
    05-26-10 11:09 AM
    I am using 3.0.59. There might be a free version but it could limit functionality.
    Ok my mistake...yes, it is a lower verison...AND i just went in to change my settings and came up with a window saying "you have 4 days left in your BerryBuzz trial" then 2 options to register or continue trial. So my mistake!
    05-26-10 11:28 AM
    Ok my mistake...yes, it is a lower verison...AND i just went in to change my settings and came up with a window saying "you have 4 days left in your BerryBuzz trial" then 2 options to register or continue trial. So my mistake!
    Hey sorry about that man. Meant to write you back and then work got in that way! I think this is one app definitely worth paying for.
    05-26-10 12:10 PM
    Hey sorry about that man. Meant to write you back and then work got in that way! I think this is one app definitely worth paying for.
    Eh...dont worry about it...i have to apologize...i was having a bit of a bad day at work and was grumpy lol! But with BerryBuzz...i had 3 days left on my trial...and i upgraded to the Official .681 and went to my BerryBuzz app and it told me i have 7 days on the free trial...so it refreshed itself! I had to reset all the alerts but it was gonna end and now it wont till next week!
    05-27-10 08:50 AM
    Eh...dont worry about it...i have to apologize...i was having a bit of a bad day at work and was grumpy lol! But with BerryBuzz...i had 3 days left on my trial...and i upgraded to the Official .681 and went to my BerryBuzz app and it told me i have 7 days on the free trial...so it refreshed itself! I had to reset all the alerts but it was gonna end and now it wont till next week!
    No worries man! We all have those days that's for sure!
    05-27-10 12:10 PM
    Glad you got it all sorted out. BerryBuzz is the first application I load/buy when I update/change Blackberries. I love the fact that I can glance at my phone and see if I missed a call (Green), missed a text (Blue), or missed an email (Red). The only bug I have found, and it is a simple one, is that when changing themes you have to do a battery pull for BerryBuzz to reactivate the settings. Other than that it is a flawless and great product.
    05-29-10 11:31 AM
    If you were to put your phone in an otter box or some big case of some sort i wouldn't suggest it. in order to see the LED you have to look directly at the LED you cant see it from the side or when its laying flat.
    05-29-10 11:37 AM
    If you were to put your phone in an otter box or some big case of some sort i wouldn't suggest it. in order to see the LED you have to look directly at the LED you cant see it from the side or when its laying flat.
    Actually there is a great DIY mod that will resolve that issue. I saw it posted once before, just can't quite remember by who. Anyway, it involved purchasing a small clear bead and then gluing it into the hole. This raises the LED indicator where it can be seen easily. The pictures that were posted were very impressive for such a simple fix. Try searching the forum and see what you think.
    05-29-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD