Just upgraded to 3.0.57 and I am having a different problem than the other post on this subject.

The problem is when I went into settings and saw that the default for "Slow down LED Flashing after:", "Stop LED Flashing After:" and the "Stop Reminders After:" are all set to NEVER. I wanted to change these settings to 1 min or 2 minutes, which the menu let me do. But when hit the ESC and I try to save the settings, it will not let me. It just sets there. If I select Discard it goes back to the main menu. And of course cancel gets me back to the settings screen.

I have tried rebooting my 8330m along with reinstalling the app and changing the permissions when downloading. But nothing works. I want to stop certain alerts after a short period, but as it stands now, if I get an email, that LED Alert continues to blink along with any SMS messages I get. It is very frustrating.

I have no idea how to correct this problem and hope someone else has been able to figure out how to save the settings.

Thanks in advance...
    04-10-10 07:39 PM
    Exactly the same problem im having with my 9700...in fact i cant even get the black out screen option.

Ive deleted and re-installed the app numerous times...made sure my permissions are set to allow and still no go on that option and also not being able to save any options ie turning off the led notifications after a set amount of time.

Ive even deleted the backup file and made a new one but still no go...app is registered and i paid $2 for the upgrade so cant understand why some people are getting it work properly but me and you cant seem to get it working.

As a last resort i even wiped my device and reloaded the latest official 9700 OS 586 but i dont think that would cause a problem.

So like you OP im wondering why it isnt working...my led notifications and reminders are working perfectly well though.
    04-10-10 07:45 PM
    The latest version 3.0.58 fixes this. You can download by selecting 'Check for upgrade' from with BerryBuzz.
    04-10-10 07:46 PM
    The latest version 3.0.58 fixes this. You can download by selecting 'Check for upgrade' from with BerryBuzz.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Downloading now.
    04-10-10 07:48 PM
    Hmmm think i might have figured it out...looking at my mobihand account...it seems that even though im running an OS 5 version the 9700 version of berrybuzz is showing up as 4.1-4.6 version or something...i just swapped to the OS5 version...so have deleted berrybuzz and will re-download the new version once my device has rebooted.

I'll post back if it works...if not ill give the build 58 a try.

Yep seems like swapping to the new version has made the option to save work...although still dont get the black out screen option....but have downloaded build 58 to see if that solves it.

Thanks Sling and PF
    Last edited by Spawn12; 04-10-10 at 07:58 PM.
    04-10-10 07:51 PM
    Thanks. The 3.0.58 Version fixed my saving settings.

Thanks again for the update and the replies...
    04-10-10 07:59 PM
    My problem is a bit different. I'm on a Storm2 and my device keeps rebooting by itself despite doing a battery pull after installation. Happened right after I upgraded to the new version. Anyone experiencing this?
    04-10-10 10:04 PM
    So is there a point to hang on to SmartAlerts, when BerryBuzz can handle do the same job?
    04-10-10 10:43 PM
    BerryBuzz is MUCH better IMHO...
    04-10-10 10:50 PM
    Ive just purchased berrybuzz for my 8900, version 3.5.7 is downloading. Can i get the 3.5.8 or do i have to pay again?
    and if i can, how do i get it?

thanks in advance
    04-12-10 04:32 PM
    Ive just purchased berrybuzz for my 8900, version 3.5.7 is downloading. Can i get the 3.5.8 or do i have to pay again?
    and if i can, how do i get it?

thanks in advance
    go here and download from BB

Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps
    04-12-10 04:44 PM
    So is there a point to hang on to SmartAlerts, when BerryBuzz can handle do the same job?
    Yes there is. SmartAlerts allows a little more customization than does the new BerryBuzz. It allows you to create alerts for keywords in the subject and body of your emails/sms/mms versus just by contact name. You can set alerts for keywords in Calendar events and tasks. Most people don't use SmartAlerts for anything other than setting alerts from certain contacts (like myself admittedly), but it can do more than BerryBuzz if you need it too.
    04-12-10 05:50 PM
    Just went to upgrade and they are on version 3.0.59 now!
    04-12-10 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD