Hello all,

This is my first post so I just wanted to thank everyone first for being so helpful. I tried the search function but couldn't find an answer.

Well, I dl'd the trial for Berrybuzz but since it was only 7 days I wasn't able to fully test it. I liked it but one thing is preventing me from buying it. I'm not sure if I set things correctly but it didn't seem to me that the vibrate and ring setting could be set for each profile. Is this true? I want to make sure that it can be changed for each profile. In other words I would like it to vibe and ring for my loud and normal setting but not for my vibrate and quiet setting. Can someone confirm that this can be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    07-21-09 08:48 PM
    Maybe I'm missing the boat here but you can do that on the phone itself. Choose vibe/ring for your normal profile actions. If you choose loud it'll just increase the volume of the rings. If you choose vib/silent, it will make a mass changeover of everything to either vibrate or make no noise whatsoever. Sounds like what you were wanting all along?
    07-21-09 08:57 PM
    Yes, but what BerryBuzz does is vibe and ring at the same time. The native setting vibrates and then rings. It's a small thing but something I miss from my other phone.
    07-21-09 09:01 PM
    BB Light does that for free if you're interested. Neither program should adversely affect the vibe or silent profiles though. There's no choice to make there cuz it's an all or nothing situation with those two profiles. Normal and loud will accept the simultaneous vibe/ring option from the 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:21 PM
    With BerryBuzz, when the profile is set to Vibrate the phone will vibrate only; it will not vib and ring unless you change it to ring in profiles.

But, when the profile is set to Quiet, it will vibrate opposed to having only the LED notification when a phone call comes in.

07-21-09 10:01 PM
    So there is no way to shut off the vibrate in quiet mode? To me this should be an option. It defeats the purpose of having a quiet profile when it still vibrates. That makes it the same as the vibrate profile. I like the quiet profile because it shuts everything off.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Kasi.

Thanks for the BB Light suggestion Iowa. I think I'll try it out.
    07-21-09 10:35 PM
    I don't think there is, unless you disable BerryBuzz while you have it in quiet mode. All of the other notifications are silenced, it is just calls that vibrate.

I agree, it should be an option, but unfortunately it isn't at this time. Hopefully in the future they'll figure out a way to fix it.

07-21-09 10:38 PM
    So if you were to disable the vibe and ring function and put it in quiet profile would it still vibrate?
    07-21-09 10:52 PM
    In the quiet profile of 4.6.0 on my 8220 it does not vibrate at all. I only get the LED, and on the OFF profile, I get nothing at all. Just make sure that the Repeat notifications option is turned off, as well as the profile setting for vibrate IN THE PROFILE is turned off.
    You can check here if the problem persits:
    www.bellshare.com • View forum - BerryBuzz

If you disable the function, it will follow the rules set by the profile it is on.
    Last edited by maddmaxx308; 07-21-09 at 10:59 PM.
    07-21-09 10:55 PM
    So if you were to disable the vibe and ring function and put it in quiet profile would it still vibrate?
    If you disable the vibe and ring function, it won't vibrate in quiet profile.

In the quiet profile of 4.6.0 on my 8220 it does not vibrate at all. I only get the LED, and on the OFF profile, I get nothing at all. Just make sure that the Repeat notifications option is turned off, as well as the profile setting for vibrate IN THE PROFILE is turned off.
    You can check here if the problem persits:
    www.bellshare.com • View forum - BerryBuzz

If you disable the function, it will follow the rules set by the profile it is on.
    I have all of the settings in my quiet profile set to no notification and repeat notifications off (on all profiles), but it still vibrates when vibe and ring is enabled and I set my 8320 to quiet. It is the one thing about BerryBuzz I do not like.

Thank you for the link, I will have to go and check it out.
    07-21-09 11:09 PM
    I have all of the settings in my quiet profile set to no notification and repeat notifications off (on all profiles), but it still vibrates when vibe and ring is enabled and I set my 8320 to quiet. It is the one thing about BerryBuzz I do not like.

Thank you for the link, I will have to go and check it out.
    I stand corrected. For a phone call it will still vibrate unless you disable it in BerryBuzz even in any profile, but not for BBM or SMS. Just tested it.
    If you have regular hours that you want it on quiet, you can turn BBuzz off for specific days and hours of your choosing.
    07-21-09 11:29 PM
    I stand corrected. For a phone call it will still vibrate unless you disable it in BerryBuzz even in any profile, but not for BBM or SMS. Just tested it.
    If you have regular hours that you want it on quiet, you can turn BBuzz off for specific days and hours of your choosing.
    Yeah, that's what I usually end up doing when I need it set to quiet. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not, but it would be nice if it could be in future updates.
    07-22-09 12:02 AM
    Will turning off Berrybuzz shut off all functions of Berrybuzz? Does that mean there will be no notifications at all since you have to turn off all notifications for it to function correctly?
    07-22-09 12:04 AM
    Will turning off Berrybuzz shut off all functions of Berrybuzz? Does that mean there will be no notifications at all since you have to turn off all notifications for it to function correctly?
    If you completely disable BerryBuzz, yes, it will turn off all of the functions of BerryBuzz. You'll still get the standard red LED notification, but you won't get the custom colors that you have set.

But, you can turn of only the vibe and ring option. Go into your BerryBuzz options and scroll down to Vibrate While Ringing > set to off. This will leave the custom LED notifications on while turning off the vibe and ring. Just make sure you turn it back on after taking the phone out of quiet mode if you want it to do both when set to normal, phone only, etc.
    07-22-09 12:43 AM
    Thanks again Kasi and Madmax for your help. I still might get the app since I don't like the standard LED notification. It's just odd that they didn't focus on the buzz part of the program more.
    07-22-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD