I don't see anything in the upgrade list that would want to make me pay $3 for.
    07-10-09 09:47 AM

As you can clearly see, it says Free Upgrade, and it shows I had 1.0.25, now I have 2.0.64
    07-10-09 09:55 AM
    I was able to get through after updating my Crackberry AppStore client and when creating custom colors the slider bar does not work. Am I missing something here?
    07-10-09 09:55 AM
    That is so strange. I had to pay 2.99 for the upgrade. And they issued me a new activation number as well. Hmm...
    07-10-09 09:57 AM
    I was able to get through after updating my Crackberry AppStore client and when creating custom colors the slider bar does not work. Am I missing something here?
    Same exact issue here. I'm like WHAT THE.... Maybe we are missing something or BerryBuzz forgot something.
    07-10-09 09:58 AM
    Read my post and the response a few posts up. The CB App Store isn't sending us the Storm version. Just go to Bellshare - BerryBuzz and download the Storm version (OS 4.7+). Works perfectly after DL.
    07-10-09 09:58 AM
    That is so strange. I had to pay 2.99 for the upgrade. And they issued me a new activation number as well. Hmm...
    Now I'm noticing though, not many people are talking about Mobihand, but Crackberry App Store. I got mine through Mobihand.
    07-10-09 09:59 AM
    Now I'm noticing though, not many people are talking about Mobihand, but Crackberry App Store. I got mine through Mobihand.
    I went through Mobihand as well, and I still had to pay the $2.99. Looks like you got lucky!
    07-10-09 09:59 AM
    As said above download the bellshare version it fixed it on mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:01 AM
    As you can clearly see, it says Free Upgrade, and it shows I had 1.0.25, now I have 2.0.64
    Did you buy after 06/25/2009? The upgrade is free if you purchased 1.x after that date.
    07-10-09 10:02 AM
    As said above download the bellshare version it fixed it on mine

That's weird because when I downloaded my update, it says Device Model: Storm.

Did you buy after 06/25/2009? The upgrade is free if you purchased 1.x after that date.
    Yes, I bought it less than 2 weeks ago
    Last edited by summerfish; 07-10-09 at 10:07 AM.
    07-10-09 10:04 AM
    this is the exact reason why i dont pay for apps anymore. I paid for this and berry weather and now i gotta pay again??? JUNK

time to decomplie this cod..shame on you bellshare
    07-10-09 10:06 AM
    That would explain why its free I bought the other version the other day

07-10-09 10:09 AM
    I can't believe that 6/25 is their cut off date. Two weeks is absolutely ridiculous. I've emailed them but don't know if it will do any good. This puts a bad taste in my mouth for bellshare.

07-10-09 10:19 AM
    Mobihand does not correctly list the Storm version yet. Please download from Bellshare - BerryBuzz

The selector will only correctly work on the Storm with the OS 4.7 version.
    I already downloaded from Mobihand and payed the $2.99. If I download from Bellshare will I have to pay the $2.99 again? Or should I just download from Mobihand again when the Storm version is up?
    07-10-09 10:25 AM
    I already downloaded from Mobihand and payed the $2.99. If I download from Bellshare will I have to pay the $2.99 again? Or should I just download from Mobihand again when the Storm version is up?
    Download from Bellshare - BerryBuzz and use the activation code you got from Mobihand to unlock the trial.
    07-10-09 10:27 AM
    I dont care what was changed. I purchased the app before, I shouldnt have to purchase it again. Apps are already too expensive for Berries as is.

I knew this could possibly happen, just never happened to be before with any of my other apps. The upgrade has always been free. Wasn't happy to see that fee when I opened up the Crackberry App Store this morning. Maybe i'll purchase it someday, we'll see...
    07-10-09 10:32 AM
    is anyone else that has a storm not seeing email reminders under other in the sound profiles
    07-10-09 10:43 AM
    How can we tell whether we have the Storm version or not? I downloaded mine from the crackberry app store on my Storm.
    07-10-09 11:09 AM
    How can we tell whether we have the Storm version or not? I downloaded mine from the crackberry app store on my Storm.
    Just download from bellshare just to ensure it.
    07-10-09 11:28 AM
    I dont care what was changed. I purchased the app before, I shouldnt have to purchase it again. Apps are already too expensive for Berries as is.

I knew this could possibly happen, just never happened to be before with any of my other apps. The upgrade has always been free. Wasn't happy to see that fee when I opened up the Crackberry App Store this morning. Maybe i'll purchase it someday, we'll see...

I agree a lot. I bought this product not even a month ago and now I have to pay again. I actually don't mind paying an upgrade price, but having to pay almost half of the original pricing is crazy. maybe a buck worst case two bucks.
    07-10-09 11:48 AM
    i find it ridiculous some people have to pay and some people don't depending on when they bought it..
    07-10-09 11:58 AM
    I bought the App when it first came out, and I bought the upgrade to 2.0 immediately. Without a doubt, this is the app I use the most frequently and improves my Storm the most. Fantastic product, and the BBM update is great!

Now, I know people are hesitant to spend money on anything, but it's $3!! Not asking a lot here! You have to remember how much time and effort goes into making a product like this...it can't be free. How would companies that produce nice software stay in business if they didn't charge for their time and effort? Nothing in life is free.

I certainly agree that free upgrades are always nice, but a developer has significantly less of an incentive to update its products and come up with new features if it knows it's not getting anything out of it. There's no reason to do it unless there's compensation involved. You all would do exactly the same thing.
    07-10-09 12:20 PM
    I bought the App when it first came out, and I bought the upgrade to 2.0 immediately. Without a doubt, this is the app I use the most frequently and improves my Storm the most. Fantastic product, and the BBM update is great!

Now, I know people are hesitant to spend money on anything, but it's $3!! Not asking a lot here! You have to remember how much time and effort goes into making a product like this...it can't be free. How would companies that produce nice software stay in business if they didn't charge for their time and effort? Nothing in life is free.

I certainly agree that free upgrades are always nice, but a developer has significantly less of an incentive to update its products and come up with new features if it knows it's not getting anything out of it. There's no reason to do it unless there's compensation involved. You all would do exactly the same thing.
    yes its only $3... but if all developers did it... how much would that be? for each upgrade? i have no doubt that more work was put into it, my problem (not for myself but for those that bought v1) is that from day one to today, updates that should have been released one by one were not and all saved into this update so they could charge again (i assume there were no updates since no one has told me otherwise). also, a 2 week window for free upgrades is quite small... sorry for those that bought it the week or 2 b4.

either way. i paid my 6$ and im happy with my purchase.
    07-10-09 12:27 PM
    Stop wasting your money we are just a couple of months away from getting the Storm 2
    07-10-09 12:45 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD