I've just started trying Berry Weather, after buying the discounted version, and am very impressed with the look of the app, but not so impressed with the accuracy. I live in between two major towns (Crawley and Brighton) in the south of England, both of which can have quite different weather, but BW will only locate to either of the two big towns, and not to my precise location, which makes the data quite inaccurate. For example, the temperature for Brighton today read as 21C, but Crawley read as 26C (it felt like over 30!), and as I am in between the two, I'm not getting the right data for my area. I also have Weather Bug Elite, and that locates precisely to my town. Is there any way that Berry Weather can use 'custom' locations (from weather codes), or some other method to make it more accurate to location? As I said, it looks wonderful, but if the data isn't correct, it's worthless.
    08-19-09 03:53 PM
    No Berryweather cannot use custom locations. It can use custom radar but that doesnt help your problem.

Are these locations loaded or is this your GPS/current location?

Come over to www.bellshare.com • Index page for more information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 07:28 PM
    I can use a pre-loaded location, which is about 12 miles north of my actual location, and that's the most accurate. If I use the GPS/current location, it goes to Brighton, which is about 14 miles south, but their weather is often quite different, as it's right on the coast, and I am inland.

I'll check out your link, thanks.
    08-20-09 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD