Or maybe its just me. I have 314MB of free application memory without BWeather and after i downloaded it, I saw it go down to 305MB gradually before I uninstalled it. Its now back up to 314MB. What is up with that? Does it have to do with the settings? Any input?

Thanks
    06-09-11 11:55 AM
    Some settings in the app use more memory, they are mentioned which ones in the settings menus.

Most stuff to make it prettier.

Other then that are you really worried still having 305mb left???
    06-09-11 12:14 PM
    No its not the memory, its how it continued to go down gradually. I guess I should've waited to see how far down it'd actually go. I just found it odd that it constantly kept decreasing.
    06-09-11 12:23 PM
    All 3rd party apps, and even some native apps cause memory to go down at some point or another......
    06-09-11 12:29 PM
    I just found it alarming as to why the number kept dropping. I uninstalled Meterberry and reinstalled the Berry Weather and it seems to be working well now. Oh well, won't be able to use MeterBerry.
    06-09-11 01:41 PM
    Meterberry and Berry Weahter always clashed. I have no clue why.

Meterberry itself causes more issue then what it's worth.... IMO
    06-09-11 01:43 PM
    Oh well, just remember about the 9700 users, with 256 MB memory to start with
    06-09-11 01:52 PM
    MeterBerry was the first app I purchased when I got my Tour 18 months ago, with BerryWeather a week later. Upgraded each as upgrades arrived, and moved both to my 9650 Bold in December when I got that. I have not had any issues. No major memory leaks, no battery drain, just reliable weather reports from 6 different locations, and reliable logging data for memory, battery, and signal.
    06-13-11 11:15 AM
    I also found Berry Weather to be a memory hog on my Bold. I had to stop using it. I switched to Weather Bug and have been very happy.
    06-13-11 01:04 PM
    you guys better check your devices before complaining about Berry Weather, I'm using it for ages and never had any issue, checking this site periodically i also never saw any threads addressing issues about this great app.
    06-13-11 01:53 PM
    Not an issue with either application. Long time user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 01:54 PM
    Long time BW user here also. No issues what so ever. Great app.
    06-13-11 02:14 PM
    Good thing you guys bumped this thread, because I've been wanting to update. I think the problem, from what I can tell, comes from using custom BerryWeather skins. I've downloaded meterberry and now using both together, and all works smooth when I am using default skin. Switching to one of the custom skins is where I see the numbers start to go down. But than again, it may just be my phone.

I love both apps, however.
    06-13-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD