Anyone running into any issues with BW displaying the incorrect temp.? I figured out, it is an issue with Weather Underground, the site where it gets its data from.

WU says it is 61 where I am right now...........kinda hard to believe when there is a frost on the ground and the weather channel says it is 34............

Is there anyone else having an issue?

I was hoping that maybe BW could get a more reliable source for their weather like weather.com

thanks
    12-22-09 08:56 AM
    Anyone running into any issues with BW displaying the incorrect temp.? I figured out, it is an issue with Weather Underground, the site where it gets its data from.

WU says it is 61 where I am right now...........kinda hard to believe when there is a frost on the ground and the weather channel says it is 34............

Is there anyone else having an issue?

I was hoping that maybe BW could get a more reliable source for their weather like weather.com

thanks
    Chances are the weather station it's getting its data from is having issues. Go into the menu and select 'nearby weather stations' and choose a different one near where you live.
    12-22-09 08:58 AM
    thx. will try that
    12-22-09 09:07 AM
    Let us know if that works for you, okay?
    12-22-09 09:14 AM
    I don't have a problem with temperatures, but some of the condition descriptions are wacky. What is "Snow Freezing Fog"? It's freaking snowing outside! Why can't it say that? If I open the browser, the condition description is "Snow". Why the disconnect?
    12-22-09 12:00 PM
    I don't have a problem with temperatures, but some of the condition descriptions are wacky. What is "Snow Freezing Fog"? It's freaking snowing outside! Why can't it say that? If I open the browser, the condition description is "Snow". Why the disconnect?
    LoL I have BW also and noticed that snow/freezing fog description(where a friend lives) as well,since I wasn't there couldn't see for myself tho.
    I assumed maybe it was snowing some small flakes but idk at least it was correct tech. speaking tho and your temp was correct .
    You try changing to another "nearby weather station" in your settings to see if they detailed it the same wording .
    12-22-09 12:10 PM
    LoL I have BW also and noticed that snow/freezing fog description(where a friend lives) as well,since I wasn't there couldn't see for myself tho.
    I assumed maybe it was snowing some small flakes but idk at least it was correct tech. speaking tho and your temp was correct .
    You try changing to another "nearby weather station" in your settings to see if they detailed it the same wording .
    I'm not sure that it's technically correct jargon, though. I have never heard that weather phrase before, and I've lived in New England virtually all my life! It snows BIG flakes whenever it shows that description. It just seems to hate to say "Snow" or "Heavy Snow". Maybe that's the app's way of making you feel better when it's miserable out. Otherwise, great app!
    12-22-09 03:33 PM
    Instead of "rain" it says "falling moist blobs"
    12-22-09 04:07 PM
    Yes, there is such a thing as freezing fog - fog when it's cold enough for any item outside that can collects condensation from the air and instantly freezes... older cars with a wire radio antenna accumulating a layer of ice while driving in fog at cold temps is an example.
    12-22-09 04:09 PM
    Yes, there is such a thing as freezing fog - fog when it's cold enough for any item outside that can collects condensation from the air and instantly freezes... older cars with a wire radio antenna accumulating a layer of ice while driving in fog at cold temps is an example.
    I know that it's a real weather event, it's just that I don't think it happens with any great regularity around here in New Hampshire, especially when it displays as such on BeWeather so often. It's "Snow Freezing Fog" (as it appears on my home screen) that I laugh at, since it's a mixture of terms that don't go together here.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread, if I did.
    12-22-09 06:13 PM
    I've been seeing it on BerryWeather as well - and outside too.
    12-22-09 07:02 PM
    For some reason, the Berry Weather icon on my home screen constantly shows 25 degrees. If I open the program, it shows the correct temperature but the icon on the homescreen only shows 25. I've tried to change the settings but can't get that to change. Does anyone know which setting gets that icon to update to the current temp?
    01-02-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD