Installed berryweather on my bold and cannot get the homescreen wallpaper to work.......everything else works perfectly fine.....done battery pull twice....still no luck... any ideas????
    06-27-10 02:35 PM
    One thing I accidentally did when I first got berryweather was forgot to check the first box under settings and homescreen wallpaper that says enable berryweather homescreen wallpaper. Also, if that is checked, did you go to the bottom of the settings and select your wallpaper image through there and click save?
    06-27-10 02:43 PM
    Yep..... Done it all.... And it resets my wallpaper when I save settings...... *frusturated*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 03:28 PM
    Yep..... Done it all.... And it resets my wallpaper when I save settings...... *frusturated*

Assuming you have the proper and latest version for the Bold (versus Storm, for instance), must be in a setting somewhere. BerryWeather works perfectly on my 9650 (I don't run any third party themes, FWIW.)
    06-27-10 05:25 PM
    I'm running the two stock precision themes only as well and yes latest os....

06-27-10 05:29 PM
    ...and yes latest os....
    I was referring to the latest release of BerryWeather and the correct version of BerryWeather for your Bold (I believe the version I'm running on my Storm2 is different from the version on my Bold, and not just the version number, but the program itself).
    06-27-10 07:15 PM
    Installed berryweather on my bold and cannot get the homescreen wallpaper to work.......everything else works perfectly fine.....done battery pull twice....still no luck... any ideas????
    Did you ceheck off "Icon Centerd" on the Homescreen Wallpaper screen?
    06-27-10 07:39 PM
    I was changing settings and lost the forecast. Can't figure out how to get it back. Can someone help?
    06-27-10 08:30 PM
    Here's a decent How-To for BerryWeather: www.bellshare.com • View topic - Berryweather How-To . Perhaps this will help the OP and others.
    06-27-10 09:05 PM
    Yes I did check off "icon centered and as far as I know I deleted and reinstalled latest version via mobihand......

As far as the forecast.... I'm guessing you will want to go to menu/switch view/ today with daily

06-27-10 09:10 PM
    Here's (attachment below) the top portion of the homescreen wallpaper setup from my 9650:

QL_1062772234
    06-27-10 09:36 PM
    Here's (attachment below) the top portion of the homescreen wallpaper setup from my 9650:

QL_1062772234
    yes sirrrr mine is exactly like that.......... and i've been through the tutorial as well and thanks for posting still hopefully i get to the bottom of this...EVERYTHING is functional minus getting the weather to show up on homescreen wallpaper......... i've also sent off an email to bellshare to see what they have to say about it
    06-27-10 10:42 PM
    go to Blackberry options, Memory, Repair Media card. See if it works then. Also make sure that all permissions are set to allow for berryweather.
    06-27-10 10:44 PM
    ok just repaired media card.... im about to try it again.... will verify permissions are all set to "allow"(which i think they are but will double check for good measure)
    06-27-10 10:47 PM
    tried repairing media card.....but to no avail........ thanks though all input is greatly appreciated.....
    06-27-10 10:51 PM
    I also have 9650 and do use homescreen weather option so it should work. You can also try moving the wallpaper from the media card to the internal storage using the file explorer found under applications folder. The culprit might be the actual image file itself. So try repairing it or if you have a copy of it somewhere you can try recopying it into media card.

Did you by any chance export BW settings from your previous blackberry and import them when you started using the bold?
    06-27-10 10:56 PM
    nope this is a fresh copy...... and i have tried multiple images..... and same problem...... WAIT..... could it be due to the fact that my media card is encrypted? because i do have encryption enabled ONLY on the media car...... maybe if i disable the encryption and try????
    06-27-10 11:00 PM
    still no good..... i set the wallpaper...... activate homescreen wallpaper select image in settings save.....and when i exit..... the wallpaper automatically goes back to the default image of the theme(stock precision zen)
    06-27-10 11:07 PM
    Where is the image file located? Sd or internal memory? Are you plugged into the usb port? In Mass Storage Mode, files on the card are not available if the usb is plugged in.
    06-27-10 11:09 PM
    tried it while on media card....... and then sent fresh copy to device memory as well.......... still no dice...
    06-27-10 11:10 PM
    That's weird. One last thing i can think of is resetting theme defaults. You'll lose all your icon placements but it's worth a shot maybe.
    06-27-10 11:12 PM
    hit the menu key on the home screen and select options - theme defaults - wallpaper - apply
    06-27-10 11:24 PM
    Did you click "set as home"? I wasn't getting any info on the icon until I set my location as home.
    06-28-10 01:48 PM
    Yep that's perfectly fine... Thanks though... ONLY issue is getting the homescreen wallpaper function to work properly.....

Thanks for all the input people!

06-28-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD