So I've had this weather app for a few weeks and was great. But now my current location won't update. It tells me that the signal can't be found. I've reinstalled it deleted location and all that but it won't tell me my current location. Any ideas?
    Also how do I view the weather advisory?
    Thanx guys and girls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 02:54 PM
    For the GPS function to work, you have to have a clear view of the sky, or enable fallback to cell site locating. Select Menu / Show Active Advisories (A) to view advisories. In BW2.0, A is a shortcut to the advisory.
    12-04-09 03:50 PM
    thanx. i feel like an ***** as i found the advisory after i asked. but i have the current location option set to cell location fallback on gps. it worked great for the first few weeks but now nothing.
    12-04-09 08:21 PM
    Are you still using 1.5, or have you upgraded to 2.0? I don't know that 2.0 would solve your problem. There have been several glitches while they were rolling it out.

12-04-09 08:26 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue with BerryWeather. Ran great for months then today it won't update the GPS position.

12-04-09 08:38 PM
    That may be a transitional glitch. Radar was out for several hours yesterday. If it doesn't fix itself by tomorrow, you should post it on their website, or check to see if it's already been reported.

12-04-09 08:53 PM
    still running 1.5
    12-04-09 08:55 PM
    there doesn't seem to be an option to update it either. i checked within the app itself and on app world
    Last edited by sanity29; 12-04-09 at 09:10 PM.
    12-04-09 08:58 PM
    2.0 and no good on the GPS current location.
    12-04-09 09:23 PM
    there doesn't seem to be an option to update it either. i checked within the app itself and on app world
    The upgrade isn't on App World yet, but you can get it from Mobihand. I don't know that it would help your problem.

12-04-09 09:34 PM
    The upgrade is useless unless your OS is 4.7 or higher. Don't waste your money.

12-04-09 09:38 PM
    2.0 and no good on the GPS current location.
    Just tried GPS on mine and it works fine. I'm even indoors (but near a window). I set it to GPS only so I know it's not falling back to cell towers.

Make sure all your permissions are set to allow for this app. If they aren't, it won't be able to access your GPS to locate you.
    12-04-09 09:54 PM
    still no luck for me with the gps current location. now it doesn't update the other locations either. i have it set to do so every 2 hours but it doesn't.
    so does 2.0 fix any of this? also, i got it off appworld, and they want me to pay to update. really, do i have to give them another $4.00 for the update? or can i get the update free elsewhere?
    12-12-09 10:17 AM
    The BerryWeather 2.0 update is not available free. It is working well for me, so it might fix your issues. I also read that Bellshare is changing the weather vendor for version 1.5 as well. That might also be the cause of and cure for your problems. I think changing weather providers and rolling out an update at the same time has over-taxed Bellshare, hopefully only temporarily.
    12-12-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD