I am trying to get BeWeather and deToday to work on my 9810 and can't get it set up to show the weather on my homescreen. I have tried several different suggestions I found in the forums, and still all I have is a black screen, without my wallpaper showing, and no weather icon on the homescreen.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.
    09-16-11 02:16 PM
    I am trying to get BeWeather and deToday to work on my 9810 and can't get it set up to show the weather on my homescreen. I have tried several different suggestions I found in the forums, and still all I have is a black screen, without my wallpaper showing, and no weather icon on the homescreen.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.
    Make sure that you have the correct OS7 versions of both deToday and BerryWeather.
    In BerryWeather options, make sure that you have not checked the Homescreen Wallpaper Enabled Box.
    In deToday options, make sure it is turned ON. Make sure that an Image is selected. And then in deToday BerryWeather Integration, make sure that you check "Integrate with berryWeather".
    That should be it.
    09-16-11 02:24 PM
    All of that is done and I am still just a black background.
    09-16-11 02:34 PM
    Go to BerryWeather and hit menu and go to About and then verify what BerryWeather version you are using. I seem to remember that there is a wrong version posted either in Mobihand or on BerryWeather site.
    Let me know what version it says. Mine says BerryWeather 2.6.12 (for OS 5.0) but it works just fine!
    09-16-11 02:49 PM
    Go to BerryWeather and hit menu and go to About and then verify what BerryWeather version you are using. I seem to remember that there is a wrong version posted either in Mobihand or on BerryWeather site.
    Let me know what version it says. Mine says BerryWeather 2.6.12 (for OS 5.0) but it works just fine!
    Thats the version I have.

I am so confused. I just paid $10 for BeWeather and don't want to have wasted my $$$.
    09-16-11 02:52 PM
    Thats the version I have.

I am so confused. I just paid $10 for BeWeather and don't want to have wasted my $$$.
    It's not wasted. It does work. We just have to figure out what setting is not right or what else is causing them to not work properly. I have both apps and they work just fine.

One more question, is the BerryWeather app license valid on the About Screen? If not, you have to enter your license number from when you purchased it.

If the license is valid, I believe that the most likely culprit is the BerryWeather app. If you are positive that the settings are right (please just double check them), then you might want to save the settings to your SD card (option in BerryWeather). Then go to www dot bellshare dot com/berryweather and download the OS 7 version. After it is installed and the phone is re-booted, then go to options and restore settings from the SD card. If for some reason that does not work, try downloading the OS 5 version from the same site. I just say that because my version says OS 5.
    09-16-11 03:07 PM
    Do I need to buy deToday for this to work? I am on the 15 day trial right now, because I wanted to make sure it would work before I bought it.

Yes the license is correct and I already have all the correct versions.
    09-16-11 03:21 PM
    Do I need to buy deToday for this to work? I am on the 15 day trial right now, because I wanted to make sure it would work before I bought it.

Yes the license is correct and I already have all the correct versions.
    No I don't think so, as I believe that deToday is fully functional in the free trial.
    Try turning deToday off and then enable the homescreen wallpaper option in BerryWeather. Then choose an image. Does the screen still stay black? If it's still black then it is definitely BerryWeather that is causing the problem.
    You might then want to try downloading the OS 5 version from Bellshare. I know that doesn't sound right but that might work. You can always go back to the OS 7 version if it doesn't work.
    09-16-11 03:36 PM
    No I don't think so, as I believe that deToday is fully functional in the free trial.
    Try turning deToday off and then enable the homescreen wallpaper option in BerryWeather. Then choose an image. Does the screen still stay black? If it's still black then it is definitely BerryWeather that is causing the problem.
    You might then want to try downloading the OS 5 version from Bellshare. I know that doesn't sound right but that might work. You can always go back to the OS 7 version if it doesn't work.
    I downloaded the OS 5 version and I did what you said, screen is still black.
    09-16-11 03:53 PM
    Something really strange is going on. When I go in to select my home screen image, it shows a screen shot of what the home screen SHOULD look like, with the image I selected, and BeWeather images on the screen. The file name shows as a deToday file name, but I cannot locate these photos in the pictures folder...
    09-16-11 04:04 PM
    I downloaded the OS 5 version and I did what you said, screen is still black.
    Turn deToday off.
    Open BerryWeather and then go to Options>General settings>Networking> set to Auto
    Then still in BerryWeather options go to Homescreen Wallpaper and Check "Enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper". At the bottom of this page hit select image and then scroll to an image that you want on the homescreen and then save.
    Is the screen black or is the wallpaper showing?
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-16-11 at 04:07 PM.
    09-16-11 04:04 PM
    Turn deToday off.
    Open BerryWeather and then go to Options>General settings>Networking> set to Auto
    Then still in BerryWeather options go to Homescreen Wallpaper and Check "Enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper". At the bottom of this page hit select image and then scroll to an image that you want on the homescreen and then save.
    Is the screen black or is the wallpaper showing?
    The screen is black.
    09-16-11 04:11 PM
    The screen is black.
    So we have isolated the problem to BerryWeather. Now we need to find out how to fix this.
    I want you to try one other thing.
    Go to BerryWeather options and in Homescreen Wallpaper uncheck the "enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper" and then scroll down to Clear the image on BerryWeather.
    Then go to deToday and turn it on. Go to Options and scroll down to import image and click on it and then choose an image and then save.
    If it is still black then you have a BerryWeather problem. The only thing I can think of is a battery pull.

And if anyone else can help then please chime in.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-16-11 at 04:38 PM.
    09-16-11 04:31 PM
    So we have isolated the problem to BerryWeather. Now we need to find out how to fix this.
    I want you to try one other thing.
    Go to BerryWeather options and in Homescreen Wallpaper uncheck the "enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper" and then scroll down to Clear the image on BerryWeather.
    Then go to deToday and turn it on. Go to Options and scroll down to import image and click on it and then choose an image and then save.
    If it is still black then you have a BerryWeather problem. The only thing I can think of is a battery pull.

And if anyone else can help then please chime in.
    Still black.
    09-16-11 05:36 PM
    Still black.
    The developer of BerryWeather has his own forum. I just checked and there was a similar post:
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Homescreen Wallpaper v2.6.12

The problem was solved by re-downloading the app. You might want to give it a try.
    09-16-11 06:45 PM
    The developer of BerryWeather has his own forum. I just checked and there was a similar post:
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Homescreen Wallpaper v2.6.12

The problem was solved by re-downloading the app. You might want to give it a try.
    That was the 1st thing I tried. I'm not an *****. I've un-installed and re-installed no less than 4 times today. I even wiped the oOS and reinstalled. I'd say I've gone above and beyond, and its still not working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 08:18 PM
    That was the 1st thing I tried. I'm not an *****. I've un-installed and re-installed no less than 4 times today. I even wiped the oOS and reinstalled. I'd say I've gone above and beyond, and its still not working.

I am not the developer of either app, so don't take your frustrations out on me. I have just been trying to troubleshoot this for you as these apps are working fine for me.
    Hopefully someone else can step in and help you.

PS: I never recommended that you wipe your OS.
    09-16-11 08:26 PM
    I am not the developer of either app, so don't take your frustrations out on me. I have just been trying to troubleshoot this for you as these apps are working fine for me.
    Hopefully someone else can step in and help you.

PS: I never recommended that you wipe your OS.
    I know. I'm not sure why that starred out the word I said. It wasn't a bad word in any way, shape, or form, and made the tone of the post much harsher than it was intended. I apologise for that.

I know you have tried everything you know and I appreciate it. I wiped my OS to nothing, and tried beweather and deToday by themselves. Didn't work. After that I reloaded my backed up image. I don't think there's anything else that could be done.

09-16-11 09:02 PM
    I know. I'm not sure why that starred out the word I said. It wasn't a bad word in any way, shape, or form, and made the tone of the post much harsher than it was intended. I apologise for that.

I know you have tried everything you know and I appreciate it. I wiped my OS to nothing, and tried beweather and deToday by themselves. Didn't work. After that I reloaded my backed up image. I don't think there's anything else that could be done.

No problem. Hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in and help.
    09-16-11 09:56 PM
    No problem. Hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in and help.
    I really want to thank you for all your help. I'm sure it not an issue of you not knowing, I just think some settings or an app is interfering and making it all mess up.

Again, I thank you for your help and time. Its much appreciated!

09-16-11 10:12 PM
    Not sure if you got this problem fixed yet but deToday was just updated. (It fixed the pixelation of images.)
    09-19-11 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD