Berry Weather is way off. It says its 73 but our local news says its 89. Its hot and muggy I know its not 73. Anybody else having this problem as well?
    08-27-09 01:10 PM
    How frequently is BerryWeather set to refresh for you?
    What happens to the reported temp if you manually update the location?
    08-27-09 01:13 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me in vegas last weekend. The app told me it was 105 degrees and sunny outside when the news said it was 90 and cloudy. A simple look out the window of my hotel room told be the app was wrong. It stayed that way after multiple manual updates and a battery pull. When I got home the app started to work properly again. My theory is that the weather service or whatever source berry weather gets its update from is lagging or has problems in you particular area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 01:21 PM
    dude lets face every weatherman and metorlogist are never rgiht and dont no shat.....just look outside
    08-27-09 01:37 PM
    dude lets face every weatherman and metorlogist are never rgiht and dont no shat.....just look outside
    That's not the point. People expect something to work properly especially if they paid money for it. Or at the very least an explanation. If you bought a car and it broke down I doubt you'll says "oh well, I'll just walk".

08-27-09 01:46 PM
    Thats right sinnerman! I have it to update every 30 minutes even the Advisories. I know I can look outside and see if its raining or the sun is out. But on the other hand I bought an app and it would be nice for it to work correctly. Thanks for the feedback even the -'s.
    08-27-09 02:51 PM
    My berry weather is usually + or - a couple degrees. Acceptable for all weather reporting methods.

08-27-09 03:04 PM
    BerryWeather just updated and now after 5 to 6 hrs its correct!
    08-27-09 04:52 PM
    berry weather sucks. Their customer support is non-existent. It worked fine at first but then the updates were always incorrect. It showed my city as "fog" when it was sunny and hot.
    08-28-09 07:36 AM
    Everyone quit whining. Berryweather does not suck. They run on servers and can have issues like anything else. If you have an issue go to the bellshare forums and find out what is going on. As for being a few degrees off...this is common. Not everyone gets their reading from the exact same location and they can vary.

With the exception of a server issue (which was immediately reported on their site) I have not had any issues. What version are you running? Have you updated recently?
    08-28-09 09:14 AM
    What's the good of a weather app if it's slow to update? I find Berryweather not that great. I have WeatherBug on my screen now and it's much better.
    08-28-09 10:00 AM
    Seems BerryWeather either has a problem grabbing recent data from their weather service, or their weather service sucks. It's hit or miss as the whether the weather is right or not. Right now mine's 8 degrees off, which is pretty significant.
    08-28-09 10:06 AM
    Mine is constantly 5-10 degrees off. Totally unacceptable IMO. Now before you go off and start slamming my post, let me say this. I love the application, and prefer it over the rest of the weather apps, but being in a weather driven business, I need current and correct temps. It used to be right on the money, then something happened. For now, it's WB for me

If the problem is ever fixed, I'll go back!
    08-28-09 10:24 AM
    So I just installed Berry Weather. First, which version should be installed for the Tour? The 4.7 or the 4.2.1? I have heard either or. Second, should the network be set to BIS-B or Direct TCP-IP?

To comment on what others have said, the updates do appear to be occasionally unreliable with a lot of failures.
    Last edited by PaulM-D; 08-28-09 at 03:08 PM.
    08-28-09 01:48 PM
    I agree Chris!!!
    08-28-09 03:25 PM
    Do you know how to tell if a Meteroligist is lying?

His lips are moving....
    08-28-09 05:14 PM
    Thats a good one. Same for a President!
    08-28-09 05:32 PM
    I have installed WeatherBug, BerryWeather, or one other such weather app onto the banner of my Storm Custom Homescreen banner as a Device App Order Icon. They all react to a change from Portrait to Landscape and back the same way: they revert to the previous reading/icon. Very noticeable on a reboot in the morning. BB button to evoke App Screen and Escape to return to the Custom Homescreen forces the latest reading.

It is well known in the science community that temperature measurements have many accuracy problems. Also: these apps use a single local station to represent the entire area where you are.

Doctor Neutron
    08-28-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD