Thanks for the explinations, talk about taking it to the next level.

Sweet!!!!
    10-14-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks! Did this and it is much better than the original BerryWeather radar map.
    10-14-09 01:36 PM
    Tour screen is 480x326.
    10-19-09 08:10 PM
    will this work with the storm 2?
    11-17-09 02:10 PM
    Ya you just have to edit the dimensions.
    11-17-09 02:15 PM
    Ok, so I got the accuweather link to work for my location, but it does not show any radar. I was looking to change the map in hopes of a better radar, the standard one is a lot of little blue and light blue dots. What that is supposed to indicate I don't know, but it doesn't seem like it is a weather radar. Maybe it is for temperature. So I guess my question is how do I change the radar map to another site that shows storm radar on the map?
    11-23-09 01:31 AM
    I am the one that put in the accuweather url. Its not as simple as that. Like I said the url does not show any radar. The map is there but no animated radar.
    11-23-09 09:37 AM
    I have been using the custom radar from Wunderground for months and it is "Wunderful". Very informative.
    11-23-09 06:51 PM
    I got the accuweather maps to work but wunderground shows the correct map but no animated radar. In fact no radar at all. Checked the url and its correct as in the example (changed for my area).
    11-23-09 09:49 PM
    You don't have to put an area in for the Weather Underground map. It works just fine as is from the tutorial. Obviously if there is no rain/snow/precip in your area you won't see any animation. You may have to change the width/height though as the Bold's screen is slightly smaller than 480X360 I think.

The only other thing it could be is the radar in your area is temporarily out of service. It happens sometimes.

ETA: If you mean you can't see the white squares in the bottom left hand corner, just adjust the width and height until you do. It just means the map is a little too big for your screen.
    Thanks for the info. I retyped the url and the radar showed.
    11-24-09 06:21 AM
    Thanks for this bro! The new version (2.0) built in maps do not seem to be working, but this saved me. It seems that the '$frame$ does not work with version 2.0 (just static). It also looks like any frame settings for looping over 6 times still results in '6' (may be the limit of weather underground), but I'll take 6 frames and a map over nothing any day!

Thanks!
    12-02-09 11:10 PM
    Will these work for Canada?
    12-03-09 04:42 AM
    I am trying to customize this radar link for use on my storm 2.
    http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/Loop/NatLoop.gif

I can pull the webpage up in the browser, but I can't get the radar map to come up in berry weather. It's a pretty simple radar, but I like it because it's a quick way to see the whole country and see what is headed my way vs just the zoomed in berryweather radar which is also good. Can anyone help? Sling?
    01-05-10 04:10 PM
    I am trying to customize this radar link for use on my storm 2.
    http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/Loop/NatLoop.gif

I can pull the webpage up in the browser, but I can't get the radar map to come up in berry weather. It's a pretty simple radar, but I like it because it's a quick way to see the whole country and see what is headed my way vs just the zoomed in berryweather radar which is also good. Can anyone help? Sling?
    Paste this link in berryweather. It is a weathermap of northamerica customized for BW. I use it and it is nice.

http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs...79&anim=5&af=5
    01-05-10 07:46 PM
    Cool! How do i get this working w�th a european map?? Im from The Netherlands. Any sugestions would be greatly appriciated!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 02:40 PM
    Paste this link in berryweather. It is a weathermap of northamerica customized for BW. I use it and it is nice.

http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs...79&anim=5&af=5
    This works great!!! Thanks a lot!
    01-13-10 03:00 PM
    Can't thank the contributors enough for their work on spelling out how to do this. Got both the AccuWeather and Wunderground radars to work, with little hassle. I even have multiple ones set up for GPS, Home, Family locations, etc.

Does anyone know if Wunderground distinguishes between snow and rain precipitation? It's definitely snowing here (Minnesota), but whereas Accuweather shows the difference, Wunderkind just shows shades of green. Which one do most of you prefer?

Not a big deal, just wondering...
    02-08-10 01:54 PM
    How would you load a regional radar? I followed the directions and the radar works great ... focuses on my general location. I would like to see a broader regional radar ... is that possible?
    02-09-10 11:10 AM
    How would you load a regional radar? I followed the directions and the radar works great ... focuses on my general location. I would like to see a broader regional radar ... is that possible?
    I think I can answer that. If you read the first post, one of the variables you can change is "width". This is the amount of miles you will view in your map. I think the default is like 150 or 200 or something. If you keep the location the same, but increase the width, you get a zoomed out map. You can save several of them.

However, when I went throught the work of entering in all these custom maps, I went in the next day and they were all gone. Was I supposed to save them? How?
    02-09-10 03:14 PM
    Can anybody help with what I posted above? Every time I reboot my phone, all of my saved radars links are gone. And they're quite a pain to enter in every time!

Is there a way to save them?
    02-10-10 03:45 PM
    Does anyone know the link to the daily forecast that the Weather Bug app provides? That's the only thing I miss about the Weather Bug app vs BerryWeather.
    02-10-10 04:33 PM
    Can anybody help with what I posted above? Every time I reboot my phone, all of my saved radars links are gone. And they're quite a pain to enter in every time!

Is there a way to save them?
    Update on this, I think what happened is that I removed the location. I think it actually does save the radar.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-04-10 09:09 AM
    Thanks for the tutorial, cody. Was wondering about the custom radar...although I must say I do like the standard map also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:52 PM
    very cool thanks
    05-31-10 07:59 PM
    Update on this, I think what happened is that I removed the location. I think it actually does save the radar.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I'm having the same problem.....I copy the radar address to bweather and save it, but next day it doesn't work. What am I doing or missing?

Jared
    07-25-10 12:45 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD