Hey,
    The last few days, my BerryWeather has not beem updating.. I have it set to update once every two hours, and it seems to get stuck on updating...

I've made sure all my settings are fine. BIS-B, even tried WiFi, while connected, and it still didn't work. The last time it updated was 260 hours ago.
    Anyone else expirencing this problem? Or am I the only one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:28 PM
    You aren't alone still others have the same thing, but not as many as there was a week ago .I was having issues with to recently it seems to be gaining my trust back slowwwly

PS: for example here is another thread so you can see what I mean

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...urs-off-293381

and this thread shows about when it all started or close to it anyhoo
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...updated-285987
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-19-09 at 05:14 AM. Reason: added link
    08-19-09 05:05 AM
    I had that problem awhile back and it only affects my home location. I deleted the app and reinstalled it OTA and it seems to solve the problem. Been working fine since then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 06:10 AM
    BerryWeather is a graphically beautiful app, and I want to love it so badly, but the fact is that it is that it works inconsistently. Plus, Bellshare (the developer) has lousy customer service.

The problem that the OP describes is typical for BerryWeather.
    08-19-09 08:55 AM
    My quite updating for about three weeks and nothing fixed it. Re-installs etc. The day before yesterday I reinstalled it yet again and it is finally working. Radar updates are still spotty depending on location if using GPS but overall it is working well. It is a little irritating that a $10 app has this many issues but when it is working it is worth the difference over the free apps.
    08-19-09 08:56 AM
    The updating is a function of the site nearest you that BW uses. Since it uses TWC for weather alerts, it would be great if the source code were open enough to take advantage of more frequent updates for weather/temps.
    08-19-09 09:23 AM
    im using weatherEye and it seems to work like a charm
    08-19-09 09:56 AM
    im using weatherEye and it seems to work like a charm
    Well, have long have you used it?

When I got my 8900 in April, shortly after I installed the BlackBerry Weather app (BBWeather). It was great for about a month, and then some system problems occurred, where the weather source for BBWeather changed their servers, and the app wouldn't update for a week or so.

Then, I later gave up on BBWeather and downloaded BerryWeather, a $10 application that worked beautifully for about a month or so, and then it began experiencing updating problems for a couple of weeks. This wasn't just my device, it was everyone who used BerryWeather. The developer blamed it on their servers.

This issue was eventually corrected, but soon the radar maps began lagging by five hours. This went on for several days, and I contacted the customer service for this app for a solution - they were completely useless, poor communicators without a clue.

I was ready to delete it, but decided to download a fresh version and re-install the app yesterday. Apparently this has fixed the current problem.....for now.

My point is, I think that many of the apps available for the BlackBerry are flawed, and you should be sure to read the customer reviews before you download them, or worse, before you pay for them......
    08-19-09 12:56 PM
    Weather updates are only as good as their sources. Regarding radar updates as well as forecast/temp updates, I have been selecting the "Update" and not "Update All" and it "appears to work better. My radar updates have generally been within 10-15 minutes of the actual time at most. Besides the app was only $10, the kind of real-time updates that you are expecting would cost much more.
    08-19-09 09:59 PM
    Well, have long have you used it?

When I got my 8900 in April, shortly after I installed the BlackBerry Weather app (BBWeather). It was great for about a month, and then some system problems occurred, where the weather source for BBWeather changed their servers, and the app wouldn't update for a week or so.

Then, I later gave up on BBWeather and downloaded BerryWeather, a $10 application that worked beautifully for about a month or so, and then it began experiencing updating problems for a couple of weeks. This wasn't just my device, it was everyone who used BerryWeather. The developer blamed it on their servers.

This issue was eventually corrected, but soon the radar maps began lagging by five hours. This went on for several days, and I contacted the customer service for this app for a solution - they were completely useless, poor communicators without a clue.

I was ready to delete it, but decided to download a fresh version and re-install the app yesterday. Apparently this has fixed the current problem.....for now.

My point is, I think that many of the apps available for the BlackBerry are flawed, and you should be sure to read the customer reviews before you download them, or worse, before you pay for them......
    ive been using it for about a month now
    08-19-09 10:53 PM
    they have a new version out. maybe the update may help you.
    08-20-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD