FYI

This is not a Bellshare problem, it's a RIM problem. There is still a bug in OS 5 that resets profile settings for 3rd party apps, such as BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, SmartAlerts, ubertwitter, Social Scope, TweetGenius, etc... on a reboot/battery pull. I'm running an official 5.0.0.296 on my 9700 and this problem still exists. I'm going to try the leaked .405 tonight to see if it is fixed.
    Curious. Bellshare actually took the blame for it rather than putting it on RIM. Sad that your official 5.x on a newer unit has the same issues, but thank you for straightening me out on that front. (Wasn't looking to snipe at Bellshare, btw. Just citing what they told me.)

If you'd be so kind, could you please post your experiment's results? Just ran back to 1.5 after finding the OTA links from another post. (For those wondering, the updates ARE working for 1.5.47.)

Thanks!
    12-06-09 07:38 PM
    Curious. Bellshare actually took the blame for it rather than putting it on RIM. Sad that your official 5.x on a newer unit has the same issues, but thank you for straightening me out on that front. (Wasn't looking to snipe at Bellshare, btw. Just citing what they told me.)

If you'd be so kind, could you please post your experiment's results? Just ran back to 1.5 after finding the OTA links from another post. (For those wondering, the updates ARE working for 1.5.47.)

Thanks!
    No problem I know it's not a Bellshare only thing because it happens to me with SocialScope too. And Tweetgenius when I had it. Pretty frustrating because these are official updates. But oh well. I'm hoping it's fixed in later builds, and sooner rather than later.

To be honest, I haven't loaded .405 yet. I was busy at work when it was released on Friday, and then was sick over this weekend so didn't do much. I'll try it in the coming days though.
    12-06-09 07:47 PM
    I thought I'd try a free trial of berry weather 2.0 and it's not available for OS5 apparently. Has anyone tried the 4.7 version on 5.0? Just wondering if it even works. I just had the free trial of the old version and really liked it, but I noticed it would cause my phone to freeze up for 10 or 15 seconds sometimes. Anyone else had that problem? Does the new version fix that?
    I also have the freezup problem. I've tried deleting and re-installing, but after unlocking the phone the Tour freezes for about 10-15 seconds almost every time. It seems the more locations you have setup in Berryweather 2.0, the freezes get worse. I did not have this problem in 1.5.
    12-06-09 10:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD