This is a FREE software & service from Quant Edge.

First version of Berry Trader has been released with following features:
    - Live Forex Quotes
    - Real-time & Interactive Charting (Intraday, Daily)
    - 40+ Technical Analysis Indicators
    - Live Dow Jones Commodities Newswire (147$/month from Esignal)
    - Wall Street Journey News

Berry Trader 1.0.0.1543 (build beta) - Requirements:
    - Blackberry OS 4.6 or higher
    - Blackberry Bold (9000) or Curve (8900)

Future releases which support data feed for US & international markets will be available soon.

We commit to keep this software & service FREE for Blackberry users as we are great fan of its simplicity & addictive. Please support us to enhance the software. Feedbacks are more than welcomed.

This is ridiculous that I am not allowed to post link in my post because I am new member. Anyway, please search google for quant edge berry trader, you will find the link to the software installation & screenshots.

Please mind your data rate. Quotes & news are delivered real-time and consume data. Unlimited data plan is preferred.
    03-23-09 01:25 AM
    This is a FREE software & service from Quant Edge.

First version of Berry Trader has been released with following features:
    - Live Forex Quotes
    - Real-time & Interactive Charting (Intraday, Daily)
    - 40+ Technical Analysis Indicators
    - Live Dow Jones Commodities Newswire (147$/month from Esignal)
    - Wall Street Journey News

Berry Trader 1.0.0.1543 (build beta) - Requirements:
    - Blackberry OS 4.6 or higher
    - Blackberry Bold (9000) or Curve (8900)

Future releases which support data feed for US & international markets will be available soon.

We commit to keep this software & service FREE for Blackberry users as we are great fan of its simplicity & addictive. Please support us to enhance the software. Feedbacks are more than welcomed.

This is ridiculous that I am not allowed to post link in my post because I am new member. Anyway, please search google for quant edge berry trader, you will find the link to the software installation & screenshots.

Please mind your data rate. Quotes & news are delivered real-time and consume data. Unlimited data plan is preferred.
    So will this program be able to follow share prices within the UK FTSE?
    03-23-09 04:04 PM
    03-23-09 04:24 PM
    Looks very interesting. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 11:31 PM
    Ok, so I go into the app, but no forex info seems to get downloaded. There's a red circle next to Data Connection when I go into the app, but internet definitely works on my 8900, and the RSS feeds part of it works.

Any ideas?
    03-24-09 02:20 PM
    It should work now. I made some changes to the server to cut down the data rate. The quotes are now sampled at every 5 secs (used to at market rate).

This is a beta release so we limit the symbols. First stable release 1.1 (mid April) we will add US stocks into the data feed. One problem is no data vendor willing to give us free real-time data feed. The closest option we could get is 20 mins delayed streaming feed. It may be good enough for many people.

Another alternative option is to have some kind of snapshot of markets. Yahoo Finance provides real-time markets snapshot and Berry Trader could implement to support it. What do you guys think?
    03-25-09 03:19 AM
    Sorry but streaming UK stocks support is currently not in the pipeline due to legal issues (we have no right to redistribute the UK feed). Intraday charting for UK stocks is achievable. Data feed could come directly from Yahoo Finance, not our server.
    03-25-09 03:24 AM
    Connection Status:

Blue - good connection
    Red - no connection
    03-25-09 03:26 AM
    Does this support the Canadian market?
    03-25-09 07:51 AM
    Sorry but streaming UK stocks support is currently not in the pipeline due to legal issues (we have no right to redistribute the UK feed). Intraday charting for UK stocks is achievable. Data feed could come directly from Yahoo Finance, not our server.
    This is a shame. I have installed the app and it looks fantastic. Even if it was delayed by 20 mins I would not care as it looks and runs great. Sadly I am in the UK and have UK stocks. Why oh why is it so hard to find UK apps? Can anyone recommend one which supports UK stocks in UK currency?

Thanks
    03-25-09 08:13 AM
    Still a red dot using T-Mobile UK, using BIS. Do we need to reboot the device or something?
    03-25-09 03:28 PM
    Does this support the Canadian market?
    *bumping question*

and is there a way to set update times? I dont really need live updates 24/7..
    03-25-09 05:58 PM
    *bumping question*

and is there a way to set update times? I dont really need live updates 24/7..
    ditto here for that
    05-21-09 08:09 PM
    Nice! Can't ait to test it out. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD