Anyone has any suggestion how to stop messages from popping up whenever Smart Guard sends a command to the device?? Berry PopUp recognizes it as a new message and it pops up.....
    02-05-10 07:50 PM
    In the BPU options, you must disable the popup for the email address that SG is sending the messages to. Be advised you will no longer receive ANY popups for that same email addy regardless from where it came from.

This is the only way to accomplish this, as BPU does not support sender email filters. You can always look into SmartAlerts though, which is made by Bellshare as well.

Hope this helps.
    02-05-10 08:05 PM
    I have Smart Alerts as well. How do I do it via Smart Alert?
    02-05-10 08:17 PM
    I have Smart Alerts as well. How do I do it via Smart Alert?
    set it up like you would any other filter but make sure you have the popup part not check marked
    02-05-10 08:26 PM
    set it up like you would any other filter but make sure you have the popup part not check marked
    Thanks. Tried it but it is still popping up ...
    02-05-10 08:41 PM
    i created my @blackberry email in my BIS page

then i configured that as my smrtguard email.

Rebooted, and mails from smrtguard became hidden.

Then i went to berrypopup, and set the @blackberry email to NO

maybe you need to reboot again.
    02-06-10 12:20 PM
    I wish that Smrtguard wouldn't be so picky with the e-mail address. I already have a different e-mail account setup just for my phone that receives messages instantly, and I'd rather send stuff to that so that I can tell BerryPopUp not to pop up a window for Smrtguard.

I have to forward my work e-mail to my blackberry address because when I receive attachments, I can only forward it from the same address (I can't use "forward as" since it won't attach the attachments). Thus, I need BerryPopUp to be turned on for the blackberry address.

Also, BerryBuzz needs to be left on for my blackberry address. Thus, if I could use another e-mail address, I can hide the led, popups, and other notifications.

I see no benefit to using the blackberry address. If it's for security reasons, can't people just delete the blackberry address's CMIME service book or something?

Edit: I relented and decided to create a 2nd gmail account on my blackberry. We'll see how long this lasts until I decide to delete Smrtguard.
    Last edited by SoCaliTrojan; 02-06-10 at 01:13 PM.
    02-06-10 12:55 PM
    anybody figure out a true fix for this? I know that the current workaround is to designate ONE email address for SmrtGuard messages and in Berry Popup Options > select "NO" under Show Popup for Incoming EMails for said email address. This disables ALL messages that said email would receive. I, too, tried setting up a custom filter (several, in fact) using SmartAlerts to allow emails from addresses that contain anything other than "smrtguard.com" in it, but the SmrtGuard popups still get through.
    03-22-10 06:33 PM
    as i said, if you set the @blackberry email as the smrtguard email, the bb wont show popups from smrtguard even if you set that email to show em, cause the @bb address proceses it correctly.
    03-22-10 09:36 PM
    as i said, if you set the @blackberry email as the smrtguard email, the bb wont show popups from smrtguard even if you set that email to show em, cause the @bb address proceses it correctly.
    I have an @ vzw dot blackberry dot net address...is this not the address you were referring to? if not, where can I get the correct domain email?
    03-23-10 10:55 AM
    this is correct mine works just like this, i added my @blackberry email adress to smrtguard site under account (set under device info, smartphone info)
    03-23-10 12:31 PM
    this is correct mine works just like this, i added my @blackberry email adress to smrtguard site under account (set under device info, smartphone info)
    my address is @vzw.blackberry.net would this type of email process it correctly? and is this the @blackberry email you were referring to? if not, how do I get an email address with the domain @blackberry?
    04-03-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD