hello guys...of all ppl you guys could help me out .

i live in Canada and have a Curve 8330 on Virgin Mobile Canada but i do not have a data plan on it.

since Berry Locator uses email to retrieve your phone my question is this:
    is it still possible to use this application to send an email to my phone?
    i spoke with customer service and they told me i cant do a "pay per use" kinda thing like on my other phones like when u don't have a data plan u can still go on Internet but they will charge you.

i was wondering could i still set up an email account and only use it when i need to find my blackberry or do i need a data plan on it to receive emails so Berry locator can work...any help would be greatly appreciated
    06-27-09 07:08 PM
    I believe you would need a Data Plan for BL to see the e-mail with subject line "findme", or whatever you configure it to, within Messages (Inbox).
    06-27-09 07:17 PM
    hmmm but do u know if i can still set up an account n use email without data plan ?? customer service ppl are not always right and totally informed of their products capabilities. like other phones i didnt have data plan but could still get actual emails n surf the net but i would pay like 5C a kb...cant i do this wit a BB?
    06-27-09 11:10 PM
    bump>>>plz help
    07-01-09 01:13 PM
    You have to have a data plan to use the email unless you have wifi built in and as far as Im aware there is no wifi in the 8330.
    07-01-09 01:17 PM
    ok thnx very much for answers guys
    07-02-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD