Has anyone else tried out the new google reader app by bellshare called BeReader? I noticed it under the 'new app' category on app world 2.0 and downloaded the 7 day free trial, it costs $9.99 which I thought was high, but after using it for the past couple of days, I may buy at the end of my trial since it works great.
    08-02-10 08:35 AM
    Has anyone else tried out the new google reader app by bellshare called BeReader? I noticed it under the 'new app' category on app world 2.0 and downloaded the 7 day free trial, it costs $9.99 which I thought was high, but after using it for the past couple of days, I may buy at the end of my trial since it works great.
    I have it and it works great. According to the bellshare website they are running some beta's for a new update that adds a few more features that will make it very nice.... I used a coupon and saved like 2 bucks when I bought it and love it...
    08-02-10 08:38 AM
    I'm really impressed by the app and the notifications option is great also, did you buy it from app world?
    08-02-10 08:42 AM
    I also use it and love it. I keep up with crackberry, bbleaks, local news and even microsoft vulnerabilities with it. I got it for half off when it was first released, but knowing how much I depend on it now, I'd probably pay full price for it. There were a ton of problems in the original version, but bellshare quickly released an update that fixed just about everything. The only thing I would like is if it had selective (or any) notifications that could be used with BerryPopup like berryweather does with weather advisories. Currently it just puts a notification icon with the number of new feeds.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-02-10 08:47 AM
    Big Cat what are the new features that they are working on for the next update?
    08-02-10 09:00 AM
    Its a really good app, the best Google Reader app I've used. If you buy it, get it from the crackberry app store instead of App World, you'll get updates a lot sooner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 09:32 AM
    the beta is actually a public beta so you can check it out

www.bellshare.com • View topic - BerryReader MR1 Public Beta
    08-02-10 11:27 AM
    Great app. Didnt think I'd use it .. but now don't think I could live without it.
    08-02-10 11:45 AM
    I'm really impressed by the app and the notifications option is great also, did you buy it from app world?
    No! Don't buy it from CrapWorld. Buy it from the Crackberry appstore... If you buy it from Crapworld you will forever wait for updates....
    08-02-10 11:50 AM
    Yeah, it's a great app. $10 seems a little steep, but if you read a lot of RSS feeds I'd recommend it.
    08-02-10 12:06 PM
    Just downloaded it to try. Slow as heck.

So far no RSS reader I've tried on a BB can beat FreeRange.
    08-02-10 12:30 PM
    Great app. Didnt think I'd use it .. but now don't think I could live without it.
    My feelings exactly! I never really messed with RSS before this. Now that I have it all set up, it DRASTICALLY reduced the amount of browsing I do on my BB (I use Opera). What a time saver!
    08-02-10 01:09 PM
    One of the my top 5 favorite apps!
    08-02-10 02:46 PM
    Just downloaded it to try. Slow as heck.

So far no RSS reader I've tried on a BB can beat FreeRange.
    thats odd cause it works very well on my 9700...
    the only problem i had was uncaught exception errors, but like i said before they were fixed with an update.
    08-02-10 03:05 PM
    Does this app allow you to post articles on Facebook, Twitter or Delicious?
    That is important to me, especially delicious, I already use Viigo and it let's me post to all 3.
    Is this app better than Viigo?

08-02-10 03:08 PM
    Does this app allow you to post articles on Facebook, Twitter or Delicious?
    That is important to me, especially delicious, I already use Viigo and it let's me post to all 3.
    Is this app better than Viigo?

It allows you to email the article, but not post anywhere, so you should probably stick with viigo for now if you're happy with it.
    08-02-10 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Checking it out now. I've been waiting for a decent Google Reader app forever. If this is it, $10 is definitely worth it.

08-03-10 07:07 AM
    Using it since it's release day. Excellent App. Meets my needs.
    08-03-10 08:21 AM
    I really loved Viigo for RSS at first -- was clearly the best. Still impressive and feature rich with a great design....but as they put more and more features in, it became too much for me. Too much all around, when the main value for me was as an RSS reader. If Bellshare can keep their product lean and mean, a good RSS reader like that can be an invaluable tool. I have to check it out. Their products like BerryWeather and BerryBuzz are excellent, especially now that they're "mature". If BeReader is anything on that order, it should be great.
    08-03-10 09:11 AM
    Since Rim purchased Viigo do you think they will implement a rich RSS reader into the OS making BerryReader was waste of money??
    08-03-10 09:50 AM
    I really loved Viigo for RSS at first -- was clearly the best. Still impressive and feature rich with a great design....but as they put more and more features in, it became too much for me. Too much all around, when the main value for me was as an RSS reader. If Bellshare can keep their product lean and mean, a good RSS reader like that can be an invaluable tool. I have to check it out. Their products like BerryWeather and BerryBuzz are excellent, especially now that they're "mature". If BeReader is anything on that order, it should be great.
    there is a version called viigo lite or viigo news, where its just teh RSS feeds and nothing else.

basically a lighter version of viigo
    08-03-10 01:52 PM
    Can't you just use Google Reader for Mobile for free...I mean what's the point of the $10 app...I just don't get it?
    08-04-10 11:12 AM
    there is a version called viigo lite or viigo news, where its just teh RSS feeds and nothing else.

basically a lighter version of viigo
    Thanks -- I was vaguely aware of this -- I'll check it out again and compare to Google Reader app.
    08-07-10 10:35 AM
    Can't you just use Google Reader for Mobile for free...I mean what's the point of the $10 app...I just don't get it?
    I'd think the big difference between an app and a mobile website is that the app can "wake up" periodically, fetch items of interest to you, and cache them on your mobile device. That makes the experience of catching up on headlines and article summaries far more pleasant (and faster) than having to navigate web pages -- all the info is local, on your device, instantly available -- with links to the web pages should you decide to get more detail.

Depending on where you spend your time, you may also wind up in areas with weak or non-existent connectivity. I'm currently working in an office in NYC that has poor signal strength in about half the building. An RSS aggregator is ideal for me in this situation, as it tends to catch up on articles and headlines during the times I have a signal, so the content on my 8900 would be fresh and current most of the times I take a look -- whether or not I currently have a signal.

I used to depend on Viigo heavily for just this purpose. I'll definitely be checking out Viigo Lite and Google Reader App to see which fits the bill better.
    08-07-10 10:41 AM
    I would like for them to add some type of notification for new articles within folders. Viigo and Snaptu display a star next to folders that contains new articles since the last time you've visited that folder. That way, if you do not see a star next to a folder, then you will know that it contains no new articles since your last visit.
    I would also like for them to add a Post to Facebook and Twitter, just like Viigo and Snaptu.

08-07-10 11:24 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD