So I rarely about something on the CB forums, but this is worthy in my opinion. I have been purchasing Bellshare apps through the Mobihand/Crackberry app store for years now, and I have been handling all my app upgrades through this medium. With the new release of BeBuzz 5, I wanted to proceed with the upgrade. I went on the Bellshare website to try and find some answers about doing the upgrade through another medium since they no longer offer their apps through Mobihand. I reluctantly went to their "support" forums to find an answer, and all I found was a thread that had been started by a Bellshare site administrator stating that the BeBuzz upgrade would be offered to previous mobihand customers at half price (which would still be a dollar more than the regular upgrade price for existing customers) through the App World. I went on App World immediately upon reading this, and did not see that the app was half price. I went back to the forum where I found someone else had the same issue, and had posted about it, but had received no response from Bellshare. As I read every post from the forum, there was NO response from Bellshare on any of the questions. I then decided that i should e-mail Bellshare about this issue, where I specifically asked NOT to be referred to their not very supportive support forums, but got a generic response e-mail where they did just that.

I like Bellshare apps, I really do. I've been a big fan of BeBuzz, and I have used BeWeather for years, but it's this lack of support that makes me want to wipe them off my device. All that Bellshare needs to do is put a simple response on their support forum answering the questions users post, and things would be vastly better. I can understand not wanting to field all questions over e-mail, but if you're going to send people to a place to get their answer, then you should at least monitor the forums you send your paying customers to and answer their questions.

Has anyone had these issues with Bellshare, or does anyone have any solution to this problem? Sorry for the rant, but it's crap like this that frustrates me to no end.
    yybenedb likes this.
    01-08-12 08:36 PM
    Their CS leaves a lot to be desired for sure and the upgrade deal affected a lot of others too but I put most of that on mobihands issues with not paying developers forcing them to pull their apps.

There was a short period after Bebuzz 5.0 was released that they offered the upgrade price but it did not last long. I have just moved on and no longer use Bebuzz because as a long time user I refuse to pay $6 to upgrade.

Read the forums there a lot of threads started by the poor customer support from Bellshare.
    01-08-12 09:09 PM
    I also purchased a lot of my Bellshare apps from Mobihand/Crackberry. Everything was so good then. Now that Mobihand has screwed the app developers....they have pulled their apps....and you know what....I don't blame them. We the consumers are the ones that are suffering. I don't have App World on my 9650 and really don't want it...but at this point....if I want to buy apps....I have no choice but to download App World (which I have not done yet and still might not do so).

I purchased Berry PopUp from the Bellshare website's store. Everything went smoothly....even got my email activation code. Then the problem started.....the activation code was NOT VALID. I had the 7-day trial period for Berry PopUp. I had 3 tickets opened....and after about 5 days.....someone finally responded to one of my tickets. Took another couple of days....at that time my 7-day trial period was up and the app was no longer working. Finally....after I made a rant and rave on my open ticket......they finally sent me a good activation code. Holy Crap......all that for requesting a working activation code was a pain in my a$$. They sure got my money fast enough....but it took over 7 days to get a valid activation code!!!!! The whole event was so frustrating!!!

I do like the apps that Bellshare has. I have 3 of them on my Bold 9650. I just wish their customer service was better!!!
    01-09-12 03:37 PM
    If you do a search through the apps forum, you will find dozens of threads referring to the fact that Bellshare has effectively stopped responding to any and all requests for support from any medium.....their website, direct emails to support, or any other way you might find. This has NOTHING to do with the failure of Mobihand/Crackberry/Handango, it's been going on for quite a long time. I was conversing with a lawyer who had no response from them, and he thought he could get results.....not. They absolutely refuse to answer any and all notices. Yet two weeks after you send in a ticket, they email you back that since they have not heard from you, they are closing the ticket. And despite any and all efforts on my part, I have not been able to find out any other way to contact the company, after searching for literally dozens of hours. I have even posted that Crackberry.com users should boycott the company as they will not provide any support, but was cut down on that by the idiots that said, 'I like their product'. That's a sure way to make sure they get the message.....NOT. Your experience is not unusual, it just stinks, but live with it, because unless a bolt of lightning hits them, you won't be getting any responses. I even got a survey and burned them a new a-hole with ticket numbers, history, and the like....no response to that either. So I STRONGLY suggest you stop buying anything from Bellshare through any portal. It would be nice if one of the OPS started a sticky on this, they can't be completely oblivious to the dozens of threads on the topic, and it affects users of every BB OS and platform. Oh yeah, they will 'ticket' you if you say the wrong thing, but this, nah, why would it be worth a notice when there are 150,000 'show us your Berryweather Icon' responses posted, as if anyone has read them in the last few months. C'mon OPS, wake up tot he problem and address it, if for no other reason that YOUR store sells the product and you are allowing we end users to be abused and ignored!!!!!!!!!

So I rarely about something on the CB forums, but this is worthy in my opinion. I have been purchasing Bellshare apps through the Mobihand/Crackberry app store for years now, and I have been handling all my app upgrades through this medium. With the new release of BeBuzz 5, I wanted to proceed with the upgrade. I went on the Bellshare website to try and find some answers about doing the upgrade through another medium since they no longer offer their apps through Mobihand. I reluctantly went to their "support" forums to find an answer, and all I found was a thread that had been started by a Bellshare site administrator stating that the BeBuzz upgrade would be offered to previous mobihand customers at half price (which would still be a dollar more than the regular upgrade price for existing customers) through the App World. I went on App World immediately upon reading this, and did not see that the app was half price. I went back to the forum where I found someone else had the same issue, and had posted about it, but had received no response from Bellshare. As I read every post from the forum, there was NO response from Bellshare on any of the questions. I then decided that i should e-mail Bellshare about this issue, where I specifically asked NOT to be referred to their not very supportive support forums, but got a generic response e-mail where they did just that.

I like Bellshare apps, I really do. I've been a big fan of BeBuzz, and I have used BeWeather for years, but it's this lack of support that makes me want to wipe them off my device. All that Bellshare needs to do is put a simple response on their support forum answering the questions users post, and things would be vastly better. I can understand not wanting to field all questions over e-mail, but if you're going to send people to a place to get their answer, then you should at least monitor the forums you send your paying customers to and answer their questions.

Has anyone had these issues with Bellshare, or does anyone have any solution to this problem? Sorry for the rant, but it's crap like this that frustrates me to no end.
    01-09-12 04:01 PM
    I despise poor customer service. In the real world and virtual world, once I experience it, I'm done with that particular company. I haven't had to contact Bellshare yet but there have been other BB developers. Send a dozen emails and not one response.
    01-10-12 10:47 AM
    After re-loading 7.1 on my 9930, I've decided to pull my Bellshare apps off my BB for a while. It may be kind of stupid since I've already paid for them, but it's the principle of the matter...
    erndog likes this.
    01-11-12 11:51 AM
    I despise poor customer service. In the real world and virtual world, once I experience it, I'm done with that particular company.
    Ditto. But in the real world, we have more choices, don't we?

When I got my first BB (9000 Bold, so I'm not that old in the BB world), I learned about BBSAK and excel. I made a spread sheet of all my app names and reg codes.

Then, using BBSAK, extract all the COD files in a BB directory, and even a directory for "new install" (which is side loaded apps, so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel each time). I've found that although "you got blocked" is no longer offered on mobihand/handago/crackberry, the cod and reg code still work.

After each update/install I open my list (which include folders and what I keep in each folder, I know, I'm hopelessly organized), and run down the list.

At least that minimizes issues with the ones they no longer offer.

There is, however, the issue of apps I purchased that are now paid upgrades. App world does not recognize my purchase (since I didn't purchase through them), and full price must be paid if I want the upgrade. That's a bummer. But life goes on, and my world isn't completely changed over a $5 app.
    01-11-12 12:39 PM
    After re-loading 7.1 on my 9930, I've decided to pull my Bellshare apps off my BB for a while. It may be kind of stupid since I've already paid for them, but it's the principle of the matter...
    I think I am going to do the same thing. I switched to my 9930 and requested my PIN be updated through Mobihand. The code for BeWeather and BeBuzz changed right over. However, the area where the activation code for MeterBerry would be shows "you have exceeded the maximum number.....". No other explanation and I'm sure my email will fall on deaf ears.

I just need to find a great weather app.
    01-11-12 01:31 PM
    Two things:

Transitioning from Mobihand to Appworld both as a developer and a user has an understandable impact. But if you stop and think about it from the user end, pricing the app temporarily lower is probably the only way to handle the transition for both new users and existing users. I too, bought earlier versions of apps from Mobihand and am faced with either purchasing newer versions from Appworld or continuing to use older versions; that's a decision we all have to make. It's not possible to transfer records over from one reseller to another.

As for incorrect keys... 99 times out of 100 (yes, a number pulled out of the air), it's user error: the wrong PIN number was entered, thereby generating the wrong key. True, it sucks that you can't use an app you purchased and true, it sucks that you don't get answered right away but there is a key switcher on the Bellshare site that will allow you to change your keys. If you know immediately that your key doesn't work (e.g. using the info from the Mobihand purchase confirmation), you can enter your email address, incorrect PIN number (use cut and paste), and correct PIN number and have a new key generated on the spot. While this is intended for use to generate new keys when you change devices, it can also be used to correct keys that were generated based on incorrect PIN's. The same algorithm used to generate the key is used to validate the key, based on your PIN number. If the PIN is entered incorrectly at time of sale, the key generated will be incorrect too.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with Bellshare, Mobihand, Appworld or anyone else, I am just an ordinary user.
    John Yester likes this.
    01-11-12 02:00 PM
    I just upgrade to version 5 bebuzz through my mobihand act this evening and activation key didn't worked but right after this got email from bellshare with new key which worked fine. The best and exciting part of my story is i never asked them for support. I got lucky i guess

Also in the past i always had good experience with bellshare having their all apps.
    01-11-12 10:37 PM
    I just upgrade to version 5 bebuzz through my mobihand act this evening and activation key didn't worked but right after this got email from bellshare with new key which worked fine. The best and exciting part of my story is i never asked them for support. I got lucky i guess

Also in the past i always had good experience with bellshare having their all apps.
    No, when you update you automatically are sent an activation code from mobihand or bellshare that matches your PIN. I think its just a standard auto-reply
    01-11-12 11:25 PM
    No, when you update you automatically are sent an activation code from mobihand or bellshare that matches your PIN. I think its just a standard auto-reply
    Yes you right, only i think if you buy app directly from mobihand then you get auto reply from them with activation key, but in my case i did upgrade from mobihand and get email from bellshare....well anyway i'm happy i didn't experienced those issues most folks having in this forum.
    01-12-12 09:48 AM
    When I bought BeWeather on AppWorld, the License Key is in my AppWold Summary screen for BeWeather. Very convenient when I upgraded to OS 7.1 and had to re-register my apps. I don't know if this is done for all AppWorld apps or not.
    01-12-12 08:48 PM
    Nothing like a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic. We were discussing the fact that Bellshare has pretty much chosen not to respond to any customer service requests. This has NOTHING to do with any transitioning from Mobihand, Appworld, Handango, or any other sales site......it's about a company that is either oblivious, uncaring, or simply doesn't give a flying you know what. Again, nothing to do with keys, transitioning, or the like.....but keep those irrelevant cards and letters coming.

Two things:

Transitioning from Mobihand to Appworld both as a developer and a user has an understandable impact. But if you stop and think about it from the user end, pricing the app temporarily lower is probably the only way to handle the transition for both new users and existing users. I too, bought earlier versions of apps from Mobihand and am faced with either purchasing newer versions from Appworld or continuing to use older versions; that's a decision we all have to make. It's not possible to transfer records over from one reseller to another.

As for incorrect keys... 99 times out of 100 (yes, a number pulled out of the air), it's user error: the wrong PIN number was entered, thereby generating the wrong key. True, it sucks that you can't use an app you purchased and true, it sucks that you don't get answered right away but there is a key switcher on the Bellshare site that will allow you to change your keys. If you know immediately that your key doesn't work (e.g. using the info from the Mobihand purchase confirmation), you can enter your email address, incorrect PIN number (use cut and paste), and correct PIN number and have a new key generated on the spot. While this is intended for use to generate new keys when you change devices, it can also be used to correct keys that were generated based on incorrect PIN's. The same algorithm used to generate the key is used to validate the key, based on your PIN number. If the PIN is entered incorrectly at time of sale, the key generated will be incorrect too.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with Bellshare, Mobihand, Appworld or anyone else, I am just an ordinary user.
    lifeofchaoss likes this.
    01-13-12 08:10 AM
    this is all business
    01-13-12 09:09 AM
    Nothing like a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic. We were discussing the fact that Bellshare has pretty much chosen not to respond to any customer service requests. This has NOTHING to do with any transitioning from Mobihand, Appworld, Handango, or any other sales site......it's about a company that is either oblivious, uncaring, or simply doesn't give a flying you know what. Again, nothing to do with keys, transitioning, or the like.....but keep those irrelevant cards and letters coming.
    Try reading some of the other BeBuzz posts here then. Or make up whatever you want to hear (like you're doing now).
    01-13-12 10:31 AM
    Bumping this up instead of starting a new thread, as I've been having issues with Bellshare's apps for awhile now and I'm feed up with having these reoccurring issues. BeBerry seems to automatically downgrade itself to the free version every few weeks and displays a message that the app is not associated with the device (even though I've transferred the license when I changed phones back in February) so I have to go through the license transfer process again in order to get the app to return to the paid version. It's annoying, but it's an issue that is easily sorted without having to submit a support ticket.

When the latest OS7 update came out, BeWeather downgraded itself to the free trial version even though I had gotten the full app for free when BlackBerry was giving some apps for free for OS7 users. I searched here and saw that this was a problem that has been happening and that there was supposedly a solution to it. I submitted a support ticket on 8/28 and haven't heard anything back over than a canned response sent in the wake of submitting the ticket.

I'm done using the products of this company and it appears that I am not the only one to have done so. Very rarely do I have the need to contact the support crew of the developer of an app or a program and usually they get back to me within 24-48 hours at the most, which if the ticket is submitted on a Saturday or Sunday, I don't expect a response until Monday at the earliest. You almost wonder if they even bother to check the inbox for support tickets.
    09-03-12 10:30 AM
    Used to have all BellShare apps in my device.

They had great apps. Beweather is a really great one.

But had to delete 'em all.

Anyone got Advance OS and Led?
    09-03-12 06:40 PM
    Interesting. I thought it was just me. They must be abandoning Blackberry and focusing on other OSs; ignoring requests regarding their BB products. Well, one thing is certain: if I switch to another kind of smartphone, I will avoid Bellshare products.
    09-04-12 08:25 AM
    Used to have all BellShare apps in my device.

They had great apps. Beweather is a really great one.

But had to delete 'em all.

Anyone got Advance OS and Led?
    Well, i got rid of BeBuzz and replaced it with Advance OS and LED.

Now, i need to replace BeWeather free version. There is noooooo way i'm going to pay 10 dollars for a weather app.

Any recommendations ?
    dbugem likes this.
    09-04-12 11:17 AM
    If you had done a search before starting this thread for the 50th time, you would have seen that they simply do not respond to requests for service. For me, ever. It's really quite amazing that everyone raves about them, if I didn't have the program I'd p_ss on them if I could find out where they are.....try to find a point of contact or location, they don't WANT to be found. It's a weather program, and about as accurate as most of them (they most all suck). Don't give yourself a heart attack, that's the way they are, the way they will be, so live with it. And with Mobihand gone now, that last connection is gone for any possible info. I've asked the moderators to intercede, but they seem way to busy to care, they don't even answer, despite all of the complaints about the company. Perhaps they own part of it, but if you curse or say something not good, you get demerits. THAT the moderators have time for. If you see this, do a search, you will be amazed at the complaints over the year(s).

09-07-12 01:59 PM
    I did the same thing. Their CS, in my experience, is the worst of any other app developer.
    09-09-12 08:34 AM
    Whaooo!!! So it's not just me! Same story here. Tons of emails to their CS, no reply. As for the weather app - they must be crazy asking for $10 just for the weather app! C'mon, it's just a weather app!!! Check out the appworld, the average price for it is couple of bucks! And for that price you can even get the application that uses their fancy icons.

All that being said-screw them.
    09-09-12 10:36 PM

Now, i need to replace BeWeather free version. There is noooooo way i'm going to pay 10 dollars for a weather app.

Any recommendations ?
    Xweather is $1.99 and pretty decent.
    09-13-12 08:20 PM

Any recommendations ?
    Xweather is $1.99 and pretty decent.
    09-13-12 08:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD