Ronen and the good folks over @ BerryReview.com | BlackBerry News & Reviews have spotted this handy lil app out...I have personally loaded it onto my device and I have to say it works awesome for uploading things to my webservers.

The BeFTP (BEIKS FTP) client that we mentioned before is now available from the BEIKS mobile site. For some reason it is not available from the main www.BEIKS.com site. The BeFTP client is free for non-commercial use. The tricky part is that for commercial use you are required to purchase the Pro version of BeFTP but I have found nowhere on the BEIKS site to purchase a Pro version. BeFTP has some pretty cool features such as the ability to download to the SD card and creating and deleting files on an FTP site. The application seems to be the new delivery mechanism for BEIKS dictionaries, phrase books, and Bible E-books. Its pretty cool that they are now offering it free to all users. Thanks BEIKS!
    You can download BeFTP OTA at the following link from your BlackBerry:
    Beiks Mobile - dictionaries, proofing tools, games and more for mobile devices
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    BeFTP is a simple free FTP client for BlackBerry devices.
    BeFTP allows downloading files directly to the handheld or to a media card as well as some essential file browser functions such as browsing, folder creation, file deletion etc.
    Until the BlackBerry browser gets capable of downloading files directly to the card, BeFTP is the recommended way of over-the-air installation of large BEIKS dictionaries, phrase books or Bible e-books to the media card.
    In all such case, please make careful note of where the files have to be placed on the card as the according application that makes use of them may have specific requirements.

BeFTP is licensed for unlimited free use for uncommercial use to individuals.
    Enterprises and individuals using BeFTP for commercial use should purchase a license for BEIKS and use the BeFTP Pro version.
    ATTENTION!
    If your BlackBerry is NOT operating under BES you may need to configure an APN (access point name) so that applications, including BeFTP, can have real access to Internet. APN is set in the BlackBerry’s Settings/Advanced Settings/Internet property form.
    The APN values (name, user, password) are carrier specific and can be found through Google.
    01-30-08 09:56 AM
    awesome app. just what i needed. now I see it doesn't auot log in or save any info. any news or am I missing something
    01-30-08 10:20 AM
    Does this application require a data plan?
    01-30-08 04:30 PM
    Does this application require a data plan?
    Yes. Any application that connects to the internet will require a data plan.
    01-30-08 04:45 PM
    Oh thanks. But some people make codes so they can work through wifi. Like Jmirc.
    01-30-08 05:54 PM
    Oh thanks. But some people make codes so they can work through wifi. Like Jmirc.
    Do you have a "newer" version of jmirc...I been looking for a newer version forever, but it's no longer under developement.
    01-30-08 07:30 PM
    is this application limited to download? or does it upload as well?
    03-07-08 12:08 PM
    Does this have the same download limit as opera or browser?
    08-03-08 09:28 AM
    I downloaded the trail from BB App World to my 9850 and found they have not made the GUI compatible with this phones resolution.

Instead of filling the screen I see a small box in the middle of the screen. Unusable
    in it current form.

Went to the Devs website and it said to post on the Blackberry forums. I followed the link and found the thread "Closed".
    I can find no other support link.

Any clue on how to get in touch with these folks?

Or is there a better FTP client for the 9850?

Thanks,

Tim
    09-04-12 10:43 AM

Or is there a better FTP client for the 9850?

Thanks,

Tim
    I use http://www.pader-sync.com/mobile-ftp-client.html <-- Buy current version or search for older freeware versions, like:
    http://www.downloadplex.com/Mobile/J...va_413270.html
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 09-04-12 at 11:34 AM.
    09-04-12 11:30 AM
    Thanks!

I will check them out.

Tim
    09-04-12 12:21 PM
    This sort of worries me.

BlackBerry OS >= 4.2.1

Older version probably will not work with the 9850/60 screens but will try them if they have a free trial.

Tim
    09-04-12 12:24 PM
    This sort of worries me.

BlackBerry OS >= 4.2.1

Older version probably will not work with the 9850/60 screens but will try them if they have a free trial.

Tim
    I currently have the 100% freeware version, 1.0.7, running fine on my 9850 w/ 7.1.0.580 and before it was on my Storm 1.
    You can scroll via touch screen, but you need to us the track pad to select or click.
    09-04-12 12:34 PM
    How do you upload? Or is is just limited to downlods
    05-20-13 12:30 PM
    You can upload or download.
    Select File System/FTP and enter all the info needed to log into the FTP server and connect.
    Browse the FTP for what you are looking for and then swipe the screen sideways to get to your SD card.
    Find the location of the card you want to save the FTP file to and swipe back to the FTP files.
    Select the file and choose Copy and select Mobile to download it to.
    To upload, log into the FTP with "write privileges" and locate where you want the file uploaded too. Then swipe to Mobile and find what you want to upload.
    Select the file and choose Copy (or Cut if you want to move the file off of your phone and onto the FTP) and Choose FTP.
    05-20-13 01:31 PM
    I currently have the 100% freeware version, 1.0.7, running fine on my 9850 w/ 7.1.0.580 and before it was on my Storm 1.
    You can scroll via touch screen, but you need to us the track pad to select or click.
    Can you upload that version for us somewhere?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    05-21-13 07:09 AM
    Download the COD file and side load it with BBSAK:
    http://dafox.home.mindspring.com/padersyncFTP.cod

See this post for a tweak that may be needed:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-3...-5-0-a-350764/
    Phly_kid likes this.
    05-21-13 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD