Can you please explain what the app is?

I have opened and replied to multiple forum posts asking if anyone has gotten an app to work, anyone tried an app , asking questions on how to use some of them, and some try ask people to try them out.

I'll be glad to help try apps I am interested in, or try and help solve your problem if you can tell me what the app does first.

For example, if I did not know what Trapster was, and someone were to post " has anyone get the app to work?" which I have seen before similarly like that, how would I know it had to do with 1st, a map. 2nd, gps. and 3rd, to scout speed traps etc.

Please, that is all I ask, just a quick one sentence explanation is all I, and I am sure others, will need to understand a little bit about an app.

Thank you

FGD
    01-25-09 12:55 AM
    I'd rather that they do a search first. I've had to tell people to reinstall BB Maps when their Weatherbug doesn't work at least 100 times.
    01-25-09 08:39 AM
    Both points well taken. More detail in subject line and not searching first are two major issues.
    01-25-09 08:45 AM
    that is not even the problem. I hate seeing apps I never heard of being posted and have absolutely no idea what they are.

Some might be brand new such as that Buzz Me app.

I had no idea what it was, and the google search I did showed me something else than what it actually was
    01-25-09 10:51 AM
    Two other easy fixes are enabling/disabling compatibility mode and setting all permissions to allow. These can be accessed in options-advanced options-application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 01:33 PM
    that is not even the problem. I hate seeing apps I never heard of being posted and have absolutely no idea what they are.

Some might be brand new such as that Buzz Me app.

I had no idea what it was, and the google search I did showed me something else than what it actually was
    I know that is what you were commenting on. I just don't see that as being a huge problem.
    01-25-09 01:42 PM
    I am so confused. I purchased the app. picture magic for $7.99 for my blackberry storm and when I downloaded the link that crackberry sent me it says it is a trial and will expire on 1-27-09 and I just purchased it on 1-22-09???????????? Also, I cannot understand how to get it to work and cannot find a website with directions.

I also purchased pac man and do not know which keys to use on my blackberry storm to get it to work.

Please forgive me if these are crazy questions but I am an old lady and this is my first blackberry.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
    01-25-09 05:04 PM
    thanks for trying to hyjack the thread..... make your own post, or troll somewhere else
    01-25-09 05:22 PM
    Sorry, this is my first post. How do I do whatever it is you are telling me to do???
    01-25-09 05:37 PM
    Please tell me how to post a new post
    01-25-09 05:47 PM
    bump...

people are still doing it and it is really annoying
    01-27-09 03:53 PM
    Just because you don't know what an app does based on its name, doesn't mean others don't. Do you want every mention of an app to come with a description of what it does? That redundancy doesn't make sense to me. If you want to know what an unfamiliar app is, do a forum/Google search.

For instance, a Telnet app is a Telnet app. What more do you want to know?
    Last edited by onlineaddy; 01-27-09 at 05:16 PM. Reason: example
    01-27-09 05:12 PM
    When you're on a forum page, click on the New Thread button near the top left corner of the page.

Please tell me how to post a new post
    01-27-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD