I bought Media Lock based on my need to protect my pictures from unauthorized eyes. This app do prevent opening your native picture program and other native media programs.

I thought "Hey, that's exactly what I need!".

Little did I know that I can still approach the pictures without activating the protection when I change my profile picture of BBM or select to attach a picture using email and such.

In other words: this $1.99 app is actually worthless as protection.

So, if you install Media Lock and use the most complex password in the world, others could still approach and watch all of your pictures within a second.

Media Lock? Wrong investment!
    05-22-12 10:57 PM
    There is ALWAYS a way around any protection. Have you tried contacting the company, perhaps they have an update and other ways to use the program to make your media more secure.
    05-25-12 02:08 PM
    All locking apps are useless if you need to protect files like pictures. what you need is encryption on the actual files.

The locking app just prevent the user from running app it does not prevent the app from opening the actual file. You can easily use another app like Files to view the pictures and that bypasses the locking.
    05-25-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD