Can someone help me out on installing this thing. I've used the search function and even tried searching google and I just can't seem to install it.

When I try to go to the link on my phone I get the following message: "HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable...The Server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the serve."

and when I downloaded on my computer I can't open the .jar file with anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    01-10-09 06:36 PM
    Send this link from your PC to your Storm:

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad.
    01-10-09 06:46 PM
    Thanks - everything is working now. I hear this takes up a lot of battery?
    01-10-09 06:51 PM
    Easy as that
    01-10-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks - everything is working now. I hear this takes up a lot of battery?
    Negative. The only way it would eat your battery is if you are using the 'My Location' which uses your GPS. Meaning the GPS chip would be constantly trying to update your location to give the appropriate weather. I personally have it turn off in the preferences and just use my zipcode. I've seen no change in battery life.
    01-10-09 07:05 PM
    Negative. The only way it would eat your battery is if you are using the 'My Location' which uses your GPS. Meaning the GPS chip would be constantly trying to update your location to give the appropriate weather. I personally have it turn off in the preferences and just use my zipcode. I've seen no change in battery life.
    I haven't noticed a difference in battery life with My Location on or off. I ran it for the first week .274 came out with it off and then I ran it this week with it on. Both times I tried it with a fully charged battery, 15 minute updates and performed about the same amount of usage except for this week I used it a little more. Both weeks I had about the same amount of battery power left each night. But everyones usage will vary depending on many variables.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 07:24 PM
    Send this link from your PC to your Storm:
    thanks for this reply!
    01-10-09 11:07 PM
    This just boggles my mind. I used the link on the second post here to D/L the weatherbug app. it downloaded fine, but when I ran it, I was given a screen asking whether or not I wanted to turn my GPS location on. Problem was, the keyboard comes up automatically as well and I was unable to hide it. I've done the "swipe down" many times to hide the keyboard, but when its up in the weatherbug app, it does not work. it also ONLY comes up in portrait and stays there. I tried even opening the application while in landscape and it pops back up in portrait with the keyboard i cant hide. pressing the BB key does nothing either.

i got my Storm the day after release and never exchanged it. my friend is over at my place and he got his storm last week. I downloaded the weatherbug app myself on his phone using the same procedure that I used on mine. It ran perfectly fine and I was able to put his in landscape mode and hide the keyboard EASILY. thinking that i just had a small error while downloading, I simply deleted the app off my phone, did a battery pull, and then reinstalled. still the SAME EXACT problem as above. why did it work perfectly on my friends storm but not mine when I did both of them?
    01-11-09 12:58 AM
    This just boggles my mind. I used the link on the second post here to D/L the weatherbug app. it downloaded fine, but when I ran it, I was given a screen asking whether or not I wanted to turn my GPS location on. Problem was, the keyboard comes up automatically as well and I was unable to hide it. I've done the "swipe down" many times to hide the keyboard, but when its up in the weatherbug app, it does not work. it also ONLY comes up in portrait and stays there. I tried even opening the application while in landscape and it pops back up in portrait with the keyboard i cant hide. pressing the BB key does nothing either.
    Disable Compatibility Mode: Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Weatherbug> BB Key> Disable Compatibility Mode

01-11-09 01:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem, i disabled compatibility mode and im still getting the keyboard in the way. Ideas?
    01-14-09 05:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem, i disabled compatibility mode and im still getting the keyboard in the way. Ideas?
    Try a battery pull and also do you have bb maps installed? I ask this because bb maps is needed for weatherbug to work.

01-14-09 06:03 PM
    I also turned the gps off and just entered my zip...no battery problems here.
    01-14-09 06:14 PM
    I also turned the gps off and just entered my zip...no battery problems here.
    If you want to make use of the weather maps to check temperature and the radar, you need to have gps on since the weather maps in weatherbug is actually the bb maps app.

01-14-09 06:45 PM
    yea turned gps on and did a battery pull. working great now, thanks!
    01-14-09 08:24 PM
    I am having same problem (which keyboard) - how did you get it to work ?!
    04-12-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD