I had been meaning to try that quicklaunch program and saw that it was offered by the app world. So, I figured this would be a chance to try both at the same time.

After arranging the paypal payment (since I had the paypal page open on my computer, I saw that the charge went through in approximately 1 second).

Then I get a "problem downloading. Please go away" (I am paraphrasing) dialog box.

Apparently the only thing you can do is dispute the charge with paypal. which means they have a week to respond.

Just for the **** of it, I might file a charge back with the credit card I use to fund my paypal account. Then maybe call the police. And a lawyer. Then go talk to the Don on his daughter's wedding day.
    Last edited by jgbrock; 04-03-09 at 11:01 AM.
    04-03-09 10:57 AM
    dude that sucks bad i haven't even wasted my time going to app world yet just becouse i refuse to pay for them.
    04-03-09 11:01 AM
    Yea I just did that, but I didn't get a download fail, I got a license key failed haha, I'm contacting the quicklaunch support and rim, if they don't respond by tomorrow I'm gonna dispute it cause that's bull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 11:53 AM
    Not sure if this will help at all, but I do know there is an updated version of the Blackberry App Store that is supposed to fix some bugs in the initial version ...the old app is 1.0.0.26 and the new is 1.0.0.27
    04-03-09 12:41 PM
    Yes, mine said the same thing about the license key.

I just got off the phone with RIM customer service. They told me that they would look into it. half hour later I got an email that said they could see that I did not get the program, that they did not know why, and here was a link to some helpful blackberry hints.

And the service rep told me that there would be no refund.

I disputed this with Paypal, but I am not optomistic. It has been my experience with paypal that they have a guilty until proven guilty outlook on most disputes. Which is why I don't use them for anything over 20 dollars.

I think we can safely say this is the last time that I will download anything that isn't free from the blackberry app program.
    04-03-09 12:54 PM
    I wouldn't use BB App World to buy anything yet until a while later. It's new and i'm sure it has bugs so i'd rather wait to have all that sorted out BEFORE I risk having my money lost.

I also read somewhere that RIM is working with cell companies to have the store charge the app charges right to your phone bill, not through Paypal. This would be great because I hate Paypal and it always rips people off. I'd rather just get the charge on my next bill and pay that way.
    04-03-09 01:08 PM
    You can try to contact the Quicklaunch dood, CheetahAce and he might help you out. He's not exactly the first place winner in customer service though in my experience.
    04-03-09 01:17 PM
    Yes, mine said the same thing about the license key.

I just got off the phone with RIM customer service. They told me that they would look into it. half hour later I got an email that said they could see that I did not get the program, that they did not know why, and here was a link to some helpful blackberry hints.

And the service rep told me that there would be no refund.

I disputed this with Paypal, but I am not optomistic. It has been my experience with paypal that they have a guilty until proven guilty outlook on most disputes. Which is why I don't use them for anything over 20 dollars.

I think we can safely say this is the last time that I will download anything that isn't free from the blackberry app program.
    This is why I don't use PayScum anymore and I won't be buying anything from the app store because of it.
    04-03-09 01:25 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I contacted the maker of quicklaunch and he took care of it for me VERY quickly. Happy customer here.

04-03-09 01:34 PM
    You can try to contact the Quicklaunch dood, CheetahAce and he might help you out. He's not exactly the first place winner in customer service though in my experience.
    Same thing happened to me. I contacted the maker of quicklaunch and he took care of it for me VERY quickly. Happy customer here.

aristile... looks like CheetahAce just doesn't like you...LOL
    04-03-09 01:54 PM
    LOL, that's HIS problem. Not mine!
    04-03-09 02:08 PM
    son of a *****! updating the app world to the newest version (why doesn't it do that itself?) actually worked. I downloaded the new version, ran it, and it let me "reinstall" the app i bought. I am amazed. Good call
    04-03-09 02:36 PM
    I don't know I had the problem when i bought it that i put in the wrong pin didnt use caps and he hooked me up pretty fast maybe i got lucky?
    04-03-09 03:03 PM
    what was the old version? and what is the new version? when did it update?
    04-03-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD