i run bee jive all the time on my berry, connected to aim, and i cant last a day on my battery, i must recharge at some point

i have to assume this is what is using most of the battery, since i have backlight on 30 seconds, and brightness on 10

i also have berry buzz, but i doubt that takes up tons of battery life

has anyone noticed any difference in battery usage between beejive and the bb aim, because when i dont have access to a wall or car charger having half a day of battery life is not cutting it
    08-01-09 02:44 AM
    bump bump bump bump
    08-01-09 04:28 AM
    I don't think that Beejive is the reson ur battery is draining constantly....do you holster ur phone or do you use a case.....?? I have noticed that if you don't use a holster or put the phone in standby, you will experience unusually fast battery discharge. I also have Beejive running all day but can make itover a full day on a single charge.....Look into some of the autostandy programs that are available if you don't regularly holster ur phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 08:55 AM
    bb aim uses push to notify you of a message when the application is in the background. beejive is constantly using data to check your buddy list.
    08-01-09 09:41 AM
    yes beejive eats tons of battery. i was using it from last 20 days and i had to recharge everyday. 4-5 days back i removed it and installed yahoo messenger and gtalk.. and now battery lasts much longer, no more daily recharge needed..
    08-01-09 02:00 PM
    Beejive DOES use up a lot of battery if you are using it constantly...obviously if you just leave it running it wont eat up the battery. Beejive 2.0 is suppose to have push notification implemented from what I have read, and that is suppose to come out late July/early August according to their support forum.

Using AIM that comes with the phone is a little better I believe...but it blows. What I did is order a second battery with an external charger
    08-01-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD