For nearly a week now, my Beejive software won't work with Facebook chat. It logs-in only to say "an error has occurred, you have been logged off, please try logging in again." As a result I have been unable to chat at all the entire time. I even upgraded to the newer software (which it's nagged me to do for a month or so now), it still won't fix the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this, what's going on?

LRH
    03-08-10 10:51 PM
    Same problem here....Facebook no longer works with Beejive......Its too bad....I used it more than the other Messengers that I have Beejive connected to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 10:55 PM
    When did Facebook quit working with Beejive? That's why I bought it...if that's true I want my money back!
    03-08-10 10:57 PM
    I found a (sort of) fix at this Beejive link, it involves logging into Facebook at the PC, adding a username (I saw a link for "change" but not for "add") adding a jabber account in Beejive and entering the facebook username (as described in the link) as opposed to the email login, with the password being the same.

In my case, logged into the Facebook webpage, I already had created a username, but it did tell me what the current one was named (with the option to change it). In Beejive, I simply added a Jabber account with that username (instead of the email login) and the same password. It SEEMS to work.
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 03-09-10 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Clarification
    03-09-10 12:39 AM
    I contacted beejive support about this and they responded with this email

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience Please logout from all accounts and login
    back and see if it helps.

However, we are changing our facebook implementation to use the recently
    released facebook connect chat through jabber protocol. We encourage our
    users having a username with Facebook to start using jabber protocol on
    Beejive that is already supported. Try adding your facebook account as a
    jabber id with <facebook username>@chat.facebook.com to the list of your
    accounts and you should be able to login and chat on facebook seamlessly
    just like with any other jabber service. Please note that its the
    facebook username and not the email address. You can find the user name
    in the Accounts tab in your Facebook website.

We will soon be releasing Facebook Connect implementation for chat which
    would let every one with a facebook account to start using facebook chat
    on Beejive reliably regardless of having a username with facebook.

Thank You!

I created a username on facebook and created a jabber account like it said on beejive. The first couple trys it wouldn't sign in on beejive but after giving it a little bit it did and works fine now. Only difference is your facebook friends don't show up with a facebook icon. Its a light bulb now

03-09-10 02:47 AM
    Honestly, this is nothing to complain about. It works perfectly (if not better) through jabber. It was on FB's end where things changed and jabber support works for the time being so either find your user code or make a username and just add it as a jabber client.

Lots of people complain about no icons or anything on jabber but I have not noticed this. It puts all my FB profile pics beside each user.
    03-09-10 07:38 AM
    Honestly, this is nothing to complain about. It works perfectly (if not better) through jabber. It was on FB's end where things changed and jabber support works for the time being so either find your user code or make a username and just add it as a jabber client.

Lots of people complain about no icons or anything on jabber but I have not noticed this. It puts all my FB profile pics beside each user.
    Yeah, I'll have to agree...

03-09-10 07:49 AM
    I'm okay now with my jabber workaround. This does however highlight a recurring theme--Facebook changing everything. It is really annoying the heck out of me & a lot of other people too. Why can't they just leave something alone for two-tenths of a freaking second? I'm to the point that if they change one more thing before I feel like it, I'm un-Facebooking for all-time. I'm tired of it.

03-09-10 11:27 AM
    Beejive was taking way too long to communicate with Facebook, even over the 3G network. Check out IM+, they've got a new ad-supported chat client that is FREE.
    03-09-10 11:52 AM
    Okay, I followed the instructions and added my <user name>@chat.facebook.com and it keeps telling me invalid username or password, but I know both of them are right. Any suggestions?
    03-09-10 11:28 PM
    how do i get a jabber account? i googled jabber and i didnt get anything about how to sign up for a new account.. can someone please help.. thanks
    03-09-10 11:50 PM
    never mind! figured it out..lol
    03-09-10 11:59 PM
    Okay, I followed the instructions and added my <user name>@chat.facebook.com and it keeps telling me invalid username or password, but I know both of them are right. Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem. Logging into facebook with my username/password on a desktop, logging out, and then logging into jabber on beejive worked.
    03-10-10 08:59 AM
    Okay, I even went so far as to change my user name, logged out of Facebook on my PC and then tried to log on on my phone...now it keeps telling me Null...UGH! Why am I so difficult? LOL
    03-10-10 10:03 AM
    Okay, I even went so far as to change my user name, logged out of Facebook on my PC and then tried to log on on my phone...now it keeps telling me Null...UGH! Why am I so difficult? LOL

I had this problem to where it wouldn't log in at first. I just waited awhile then tried again and it worked. But before i tried to log in i also went to beejive.com/facebook and put in my facebook info there. i read on a beejive forum that they ask you to do this because it helps contact facebook or something. hope this helps
    Last edited by unearthfan04; 03-10-10 at 10:58 PM.
    03-10-10 10:23 PM
    I was having FB problems too.

Did the jabber fix, log in/log out on PC with the username, logged in perfect on BeeJive. Everything is flying now.

Will be looking forward to seeing what kind of a fix BeeJive comes up with. I don't really use BeeJive for anything other than FB IM anymore, since nobody seems to AIM or anything else anymore.
    03-11-10 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD