So, I just got my Tour the other day. I was running the Curve 8330 since it came out on Verizon's Network till now and the 8830 before that. I had minor problems with those phones, but nothing that really bothered me.
    Now, with the Tour I have real issues... First, being that you can't set ring tones for the Beejive App (which is my most used App) and the first day I had the App my IMs appeared in my Msg box and now they don't. Second is that the facebook App wont sync with my contacts or my calendar. On my previous device the facebook App transferred pics to my contacts and all of my friends birthdays and events to my calendar.
    I've read that there is something wrong with the OS and Beejive is fine. I stil haven't read a reason for the facebook App.
    My question is where do I go from here?
    01-06-10 10:06 AM
    Well you can actually set custom tones for Beejive. It's under "other" in your profile editing screen.

I've noticed sometimes my Beejive messages fail to show up in the message inbox. Very rare though, so not a big problem for me.

As with FB, make sure you have the option selected to link your friends FB pics to your BB contacts.
    01-06-10 10:43 AM
    Well you can actually set custom tones for Beejive. It's under "other" in your profile editing screen.

I've noticed sometimes my Beejive messages fail to show up in the message inbox. Very rare though, so not a big problem for me.

As with FB, make sure you have the option selected to link your friends FB pics to your BB contacts.
    Well...

I had the alert options there under "other" then they disappeared. It's an issue with the OS.

FB should sync automatically... It did on my curve.
    01-06-10 11:47 AM
    What OS are you running by the way?

And the FB sync option I'm speaking of is usually checked by default, but you might want to make sure. I don't know about syncing your calendars though. Mine synced automatically, and I've never really messed around with calendar options much.
    01-06-10 12:10 PM
    I'm running the 4.7.1.61.

For the FB it's 1.7.0.22

Everythings checked. It says that it will periodically update contacts rah rah rah. On the Curve it would update and also transfer calendar info to my blackberry calendar.
    01-06-10 02:52 PM
    I have my facebook synced with my calendar. Its been that way ever since i got my Tour. As far as beejive i dont depend on sound since the phone is always on vibrate. I did notice under preferences that u can change sounds and the led light color.
    01-07-10 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD