I had a lot of trouble signing up for the Blackberry Owner's Lounge, because it asked for a number (ESN? I think) that is listed nowhere on my device or on the box label. When I clicked the option to explain what it was, it tried, but failed, to launch a Flash Media file. Why would the Blackberry site use Flash Media, when it is well known that BBs cannot run Flash? I finally just guessed and entered my MEID DEC #, and that seemed to work for some unknown reason. Why doesn't the registration page just say it is the MEID DEC # printed on the box the BB came in and listed in the Status option, instead of using unfamiliar letters, and providing no BB-accessible way of viewing the explanation?
    Now when I try to log in to the owner's lounge in Opera Mini or Bolt, or manually in the native browser, it refuses to recognize my email address or any login info. However, I can log into it in the native browser by clicking on the verification link in the email I received, but the site looks all jacked up, and it won't let me post anything, even though I'm logged in, and it says I can post.
    So, was trying to post the following there in the App World discussion, but no luck, so I was hoping maybe someone here might have some ideas or answers:
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (for personal use, and have no PC for desktop-based solutions)
    Sprint
    OS 4.5xxx (My About function stopped working last month, so I can't get the last numbers, but I remember it being like .025 or .075, but when I called Sprint, they claimed they only run 4.5 period, with no addional numbers.)
    The most recent prior version of AppWorld, as well as the current one.
    I believe I'm on BIS.
    I purchased BeBuzz 1.1.83 from the Blackberry App World Store (apparently this was a big mistake) in mid-June, and last week I downloaded the new trial version of 2.0.64, which is now expired. I have tried to purchase the $2.99 upgrade, but there is no purchase option in the menu on the details page. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both BeBuzz and BAW app, and at one point did get a "Buy" button option, but it keeps directing me to a non-BAW page that charges $5.99. Bebuzz was just reinstalling the expired trial version, but now it seems to have installed an earlier version (1.0.25)than the one I purchased.
    I have repeatedly tried to send a customer service request to BAW, but it won't go through, at first claiming that my BB PIN, that I cut and pasted from my status option, is invalid. And then giving me errors and requesting a Partner Code, and I have no idea what that is, or where to get one. And, yes, I did choose Blackberry App World in the pull-down menu. Does anyone know another way to contact them?
    Because I couldn't contact BAW, I sent the above info to the Bellshare customer service, and got the following reply:
    <You will find an option to upgrade BerryBuzz in the MyWorld section of AppWorld.>
    To which I replied:
    <Tried MyWorld several times before I sent my email. The only buttons are Run, which just seems to reset all my old BeBuzz settings to default; and Download Trial, which just redownloads the already expired trial. There is no button for purchase, and there is no option in the menu list either.>
    But no reply back.
    How do I purchase the $2.99 Upgrade from BAW? If there is no option available, does anyone know how to get the BAW Technical Assistance request form to recognize my legitimate and correct BB PIN? Any other ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 12:31 AM
    www.bellshare.com &bull; View forum - BerryBuzz
    Try to contact the developer, or post in the forums there for the upgrade info.
    You can likely just copy paste this entire thread there.
    08-16-09 12:52 AM
    I had a lot of trouble signing up for the Blackberry Owner's Lounge, because it asked for a number (ESN? I think) that is listed nowhere on my device or on the box label. When I clicked the option to explain what it was, it tried, but failed, to launch a Flash Media file. Why would the Blackberry site use Flash Media, when it is well known that BBs cannot run Flash? I finally just guessed and entered my MEID DEC #, and that seemed to work for some unknown reason. Why doesn't the registration page just say it is the MEID DEC # printed on the box the BB came in and listed in the Status option, instead of using unfamiliar letters, and providing no BB-accessible way of viewing the explanation?
    Now when I try to log in to the owner's lounge in Opera Mini or Bolt, or manually in the native browser, it refuses to recognize my email address or any login info. However, I can log into it in the native browser by clicking on the verification link in the email I received, but the site looks all jacked up, and it won't let me post anything, even though I'm logged in, and it says I can post.
    So, was trying to post the following there in the App World discussion, but no luck, so I was hoping maybe someone here might have some ideas or answers:
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (for personal use, and have no PC for desktop-based solutions)
    Sprint
    OS 4.5xxx (My About function stopped working last month, so I can't get the last numbers, but I remember it being like .025 or .075, but when I called Sprint, they claimed they only run 4.5 period, with no addional numbers.)
    The most recent prior version of AppWorld, as well as the current one.
    I believe I'm on BIS.
    I purchased BeBuzz 1.1.83 from the Blackberry App World Store (apparently this was a big mistake) in mid-June, and last week I downloaded the new trial version of 2.0.64, which is now expired. I have tried to purchase the $2.99 upgrade, but there is no purchase option in the menu on the details page. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both BeBuzz and BAW app, and at one point did get a "Buy" button option, but it keeps directing me to a non-BAW page that charges $5.99. Bebuzz was just reinstalling the expired trial version, but now it seems to have installed an earlier version (1.0.25)than the one I purchased.
    I have repeatedly tried to send a customer service request to BAW, but it won't go through, at first claiming that my BB PIN, that I cut and pasted from my status option, is invalid. And then giving me errors and requesting a Partner Code, and I have no idea what that is, or where to get one. And, yes, I did choose Blackberry App World in the pull-down menu. Does anyone know another way to contact them?
    Because I couldn't contact BAW, I sent the above info to the Bellshare customer service, and got the following reply:
    <You will find an option to upgrade BerryBuzz in the MyWorld section of AppWorld.>
    To which I replied:
    <Tried MyWorld several times before I sent my email. The only buttons are Run, which just seems to reset all my old BeBuzz settings to default; and Download Trial, which just redownloads the already expired trial. There is no button for purchase, and there is no option in the menu list either.>
    But no reply back.
    How do I purchase the $2.99 Upgrade from BAW? If there is no option available, does anyone know how to get the BAW Technical Assistance request form to recognize my legitimate and correct BB PIN? Any other ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks

I'll try to help as much as possible

1-Blackberry's owners lounge on bb site-Sounds like you may have had the full site instead of the mobile on your bb. The mobile runs much easier and it made for viewing on your berry

2-berrybuzz-what the poster above me said seems about right, I have berrybuzz and when I purchased, it just has an option to enter my pin. Maybe the original pin you entered may have been invalid for some reason. Just a suggestion, no disrespect. App world has also had some recent issues with their new upgrade so I would try and download things from the app store or email directly to your bb browser

Good luck on working out these things, hopes everything goes well.
    Last edited by rts3k; 08-18-09 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling check
    08-16-09 10:15 AM
    When I was finally able to get ahold of Blackberry/RIM customer service, one thing they said was their website is for viewing on PCs only, and they had no mobile site.
    They also said that it was Bellshare's responsibility to provide all the links and options and that BAW merely provides a storefront.
    You have to purchase the $2.99 BeBuzz upgrade to get a new code. It is deliberately set up so that entering the code from the prior version will not work, you must purchase the upgrade and new activation code that they refuse to sell. Catch 22

08-17-09 11:20 PM
    yes you may be right about the bbuzz upgrade. I just read several posts regarding that. I think I got mine after the upgrade.
    08-18-09 08:11 AM
    I have contacted BB/RIM and Bellshare several times, and each blames the other, and neither will take resposibilty for falsely advertising the alleged $2.99 upgrade, or providing a way to take payment.
    After a week of this crap, I am ready to give up. Does anyone know a LED app with all the new BeBuzz features (disco lights, custom colors, and options for dim, regular, and bright LED), that is NOT made by Bellshare, and is available somewhere OTHER than BAW???

08-18-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD