A new build is online.

We have been able to replicate the memory bug but haven't been able to fix it yet. The bug seems to only affect the full version. To allow testing for everyone we have temporarily switched to the 'Core' version until we can fix the problem.
    Last edited by pfluger; 11-12-12 at 04:08 AM.
    11-11-12 03:44 AM
    I have a similar issue. I have "turn on backlight on popup" set to yes. but it work sometimes,and not at other times. Also, I've had one instance today where i received a "double notification" at 1st i thought I received 2 emails a milli-second apart but when i check it was just one email. so I'm guessing the email set off both the regular profile notification as well as the bebuzz notification.
    The backlight will not turn on when your phone is locked. Is that what you see?

Notifications will always be triggered in both BeBuzz and the system profile. You will have to set the initial audible alert in either one. If you set it in both you will probably get the double notification.
    11-11-12 03:47 AM
    Just thinking - it'd be nice to be able to filter e-mails, texts, etc, while you're viewing the message itself, ie, a menu item in the messaging app...
    This was already part of BeMail and definitely makes sense. We will look into adding this (at least for e-mails where it can easily be done).
    11-11-12 03:48 AM
    Same issues here with the exception that im not getting popups at all....i get the led and notification just fine, no errors found on the event logs

EDIT: just found that in the apps section, you placed bbm in the messages area and BBM groups in the instant messages area, shouldnt they be at the same section? Also am I recalling this wrong or it used to be an option to set configure App World notifications in prior versions
    Yeah, this is the remains of something else we were trying. We will probably move it back to the IM group. (We tried adding a group "If not in contacts" where you would edit all the notifications that didn't match a contact. This would include phone/e-mail/text/BBM)
    11-11-12 03:52 AM
    I'm not getting any popups at all. I do have back light on. Also the LED an tones are working properly. Still getting the profile tone for sms and the buzz tone.

Was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the Berrymail settings in a separate section of the Options like how the popups are separate. Also have the menu option available when you are looking at the email and want to set up a rule to auto delete while in the email. I know I could just set it as junk mail in my regular email but sometimes things get through to the bb and I'd like to be able to set up a filter for that so it auto deletes without having to do it by going into BeBuzz.

Also..when you click on add contact, the button for adding a BBM contact has a dot /period on the left side.
    Looks like adding a menu item to messages app will definitely come to the next build ;-)

The dot should be fixed in the next build.
    11-11-12 03:55 AM
    should i uninstall my official version before giving this a stab or does it not matter? also will my back up work with this version?

Sent from my BlackBerry By Choice Tapatalk
    Your backup will work, but I highly recommend to simply install over anytime you up- or downgrade BeBuzz. Settings will be retained and your BlackBerry sound profile settings won't get reset (a bug in the BB OS).
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    11-11-12 03:57 AM

I see where you're going with the "Add contact" feature, and how you want to replace the built-in functionality. If you're going to go that way, you might want to expand the "Vibrate" option so it mimics the built-in functionality? By that I mean the "custom" vibration settings (short, medium, long, and number of vibrations).

In general though, I'm seeing a lot of overlap between BeBuzz features and baked-in features. When you first built BerryBuzz, these features weren't even in the OS. From what I remember, the ability to have vibrations happening simultaneously with ringtones was the original reason behind BerryBuzz. Over time it has expanded, yes?

RIM has expanded the sound profiles now to the point where you can even change the LED color. The color options are not as varied as BeBuzz, but I can only assume that is coming. Right now, there are only three new features that BeBuzz actually offers:

1) expanded LED color options
    2) reminders
    3) popup / toasts

Have you considered making an app or apps that only addresses these existing deficiencies in OS 7.1? As it stands, I probably wouldn't use BeBuzz. Feature creep has taken over. This app has too many functions, and not all of them are actually needed anymore.

If you made a couple of stripped down apps, that would make more sense.

1) BeLED
    2) BeRemind
    3) BeToast and/or BePopup

Each app adds one set of functionality.
    Separating into multiple apps would actually be more CPU and memory intensive. That is another reason why we have brought all our apps together into BeBuzz 6. Adding the other apps doesn't make any difference in CPU or battery use (if you do not use their functionality) and only adds less than 100KB to the .cod file and negligible RAM usage.
    11-11-12 04:04 AM
    over 24hours into testing i don't use all the features in the app just the LED feature everything seems smooth just sometimes the led light keeps blinking even when exiting a certain application dunno weather anyone else is experiencing this
    This usually only happens when you enter and exit out of an app within a very short time (< 1s). Can you confirm by opening the app and waiting for some time, then exiting?
    11-11-12 04:06 AM
    I've got the email popups working. Now. That would be due to operator error. Still not getting text popups. I switched those from full popup to toasts and those appear to be working. Its getting a bit annoying since I deleted berrypopup. It seems like its trying to do the popup. The backlight comes on but the screen stays black for me.

Is there a way to sort the contacts? All sms rules tgether, bbm, email rules. Almost feels like the berrymail functions should be on a different tab.

Going out of town tomorrow. Hopefully a new build before I go ? I'll try to check in for new builds or if I find new bugs.

Thanks H.
    The order of the contacts/rules matters. The first one that matches will trigger the notification. No further contacts/rules will be checked.

So for example if you have a contact with e-mail address [email protected] and an e-mail rule that matches @host.com (every user with domain host.com) it would matter which one is on top.
    11-11-12 04:09 AM
    Nice integration of various Be apps in BeBuzz....
    In e-mail rules, if I change the settings of Audible alert, Vibrate, Popup or E-mail notification to one rule, it makes the changes to all the rules that I have created.
    I think it is a bug....
    11-11-12 05:24 AM
    Thanks for new build...
    In text rule, phone number and text contains not saved.
    If reopen the rule, phone number and text contain blank.
    11-11-12 05:48 AM
    I have been using BerryBuzz/BeBuzz for as long as I can rembember. I really like the integration of the BerryMail functiopnality into the app. I have discovered a couple of bugs:

1. I cannot set the Service in the settings for an E-Mail Rule -- if I click the button, "All" is the only option. This is critical for me to replace rules set in BerryMail.
    2. I cannot move Contacts, E-Mail Rules, etc up or down. When I select the Move Up, I get a delete confirmation dialogue -- when I select Move Down, nothing happens.
    3. For e-mail notifications, the Send From service cannot be changed from Defaut (i.e., it reverts to Default when I try to save settings).
    All three items appear to be addressed in the v6.0.14 beta build. Thanks!

I will continue to monitor memory usage and device performance to determine if the memory leak in v6.0.11 beta has been addressed.

One more request: Could you add a flag to specify whether or not to continue processing rules after criteria is met (i.e., as was done in BerryMail)?
    11-11-12 08:28 AM
    The order of the contacts/rules matters. The first one that matches will trigger the notification. No further contacts/rules will be checked.

So for example if you have a contact with e-mail address [email protected] and an e-mail rule that matches @host.com (every user with domain host.com) it would matter which one is on top.
    Sorry I wasn't clear on that H. I meant Instead of seeing BBM contact> sms> BBM> email rule> sms> BBM in the order they were created to have all the BBM contacts, Phone/SMS together and then the rules. I remember the rules must be sorted in order of priority for the SA type rules to trigger but do the actual BeBuzz LED/Toast/Popup rules also factor into that as well? Maybe it's just my need for organization to have my list sorted.
    11-11-12 09:27 AM
    Checking messages clears my SMS LED even though I didn't open my sms yet.

Also audible reminders don't seem to be working for me...I just get the initial notification sound and nothing else.

On popups, I think "open inbox" should be renamed to "open message" because it opens up the message directly, not the inbox.
    11-11-12 12:37 PM
    Separating into multiple apps would actually be more CPU and memory intensive. That is another reason why we have brought all our apps together into BeBuzz 6. Adding the other apps doesn't make any difference in CPU or battery use (if you do not use their functionality) and only adds less than 100KB to the .cod file and negligible RAM usage.
    I'm willing to give it a go I've downloaded the updated "Core" version. I really feel that in general the core version is far superior. All that extra stuff is, well, extraneous. I'll report my findings here.
    11-11-12 12:38 PM
    Would it be possible to automatically set email Flags in the email rules? That would be amazing
    11-11-12 12:55 PM
    Been using it since release. All I can say everything works fine. But something pop up, when I open the app today then I got this

BeBuzz 6 Beta is here!-a7cmhmcciaaktar.jpg

Anyhow, I updated to v6.0.14 and can't find to connect it to BBM. Was it only me or BBM-connect feature not functional?

Cheers!

JHAY
    11-11-12 03:47 PM
    Been using it since release. All I can say everything works fine. But something pop up, when I open the app today then I got this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7cmHmCCIAAkTAR.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	125285

Anyhow, I updated to v6.0.14 and can't find to connect it to BBM. Was it only me or BBM-connect feature not functional?

Cheers!

JHAY
    See post 25 in this thread...
    11-11-12 04:32 PM
    Still can't get the full popup to work if the phone is locked or backlight is off.

Sent from my  Bold 9790 using Tapatalk

Ok. So I figured it out. Seems my lock app is what makes the popup not work. I use "pattern lock" by bulbera. When the app is disabled the popups work.

* any chance of getting this to work in an update for ppl like me, I don't want to lose my lock app.
    Last edited by teostar; 11-11-12 at 09:30 PM.
    11-11-12 08:48 PM
    New observation... "level 1" messages can't set "full popups" only toasts, I have my work emails configured as a "level 1" notification anyway to get popups to work?

Sent from my  Bold 9790 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 09:38 PM
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.
    11-12-12 04:08 AM

Version 6.0.15 - 12 November 5:00 EST
    - Added 'Add BeBuzz Rule' to messages app menu
    - Fixed text rules not saving number/text field
    - Fixed changing rule settings overwriting other rules
    The issue with rules being duplicated and moved after a reboot has not been resolved. Additionally, I have an issue with previously deleted contacts "reappearing" following a reboot.

I have reverted to v5.0.91 core and BerryMail until these issues have been resolved.
    11-12-12 07:54 AM
    I have reverted to v5.0.91 core and BerryMail until these issues have been resolved.
    That'll show 'em!

Cripes, it's beta software. Anyone that expects perfection or can't afford downtime, loss of data, etc. shouldn't be doing beta testing...
    Morgase likes this.
    11-12-12 08:18 AM
    Finally got back in town and service. I had lots of popups for email and sms. Sadly the sms popups were only for the people I don't have rules for and instead of showing their names, it had their phone numbers in the popup. I had to open the message list to see who actually sent them.
    11-12-12 08:31 AM
    That'll show 'em!

Cripes, it's beta software. Anyone that expects perfection or can't afford downtime, loss of data, etc. shouldn't be doing beta testing...
    I understand beta software, and I'm not expecting perfection. I just wanted to let the developer know the severity of the issues that I have identified. I will reinstall and continue to test the beta once updates are made.
    11-12-12 08:53 AM
266 12345 ...