No full pop up option for BerryWeather, and BerryWeather still has the option to use Berry PopUp. LoL.
    Yeah, this is probably not very clear. Even though you cannot configure it in BeBuzz it will still handle and show the popup just as BePopup did. Just enable it in BeWeather.
    11-08-12 04:47 PM
    There seems to be a major leak now that I've installed the beta. Dropped 40MB since yesterday afternoon - I can usually make it for a number of days before dropping that much with BeBuzz 5. Not complaining, I expect that from a beta, just something that I will keep an eye on.
    What does the BlackBerry Application Manager show for BeBuzz memory usage? (Homescreen > Options > Application Management)
    11-08-12 04:49 PM
    Just downloaded the beta. Have a few issues. Popups that I normally had been getting are not showing anymore. I'm not even getting a toast for them. Also my screen seems to go black when those popups should be there.I can confirm that the option for a toast or full popup is only previewing the toast
    Popups for an e-mail account (apps tab), for a contact or for an e-mail rule? Do you get the LED or an audible alert?
    11-08-12 04:51 PM
    I think I'm missing something but where do I set up the rules for my email filters? I've checked everything in options but don't see how BerryMail is integrated here.
    It guess it might make sense to change the "Add Contact" to something like "Add Contact or Rules" to make it clearer where to find this.
    11-08-12 04:52 PM
    Ok so far on using the only thing I have noticed on my handset which I have not seen mentioned is that the ability for toasts on whatsapp is not there in apps?
    Is it only WhatsApp or any other 3rd party app, too?
    11-08-12 04:53 PM
    Make sure you have set "Turn On Backlight On Popup" to "Yes" in popup settings.
    I have a similar issue. I have "turn on backlight on popup" set to yes. but it work sometimes,and not at other times. Also, I've had one instance today where i received a "double notification" at 1st i thought I received 2 emails a milli-second apart but when i check it was just one email. so I'm guessing the email set off both the regular profile notification as well as the bebuzz notification.
    11-08-12 07:48 PM
    almost 24 hrs into beta.....i dont use the full ability of the app as alot of users do.....but it is working good for me......
    11-08-12 08:20 PM
    I have a similar issue. I have "turn on backlight on popup" set to yes. but it work sometimes,and not at other times. Also, I've had one instance today where i received a "double notification" at 1st i thought I received 2 emails a milli-second apart but when i check it was just one email. so I'm guessing the email set off both the regular profile notification as well as the bebuzz notification.
    Same issues here with the exception that im not getting popups at all....i get the led and notification just fine, no errors found on the event logs

EDIT: just found that in the apps section, you placed bbm in the messages area and BBM groups in the instant messages area, shouldnt they be at the same section? Also am I recalling this wrong or it used to be an option to set configure App World notifications in prior versions
    11-08-12 08:26 PM
    I have "core" version 5.0.91, waiting core type
    11-08-12 08:29 PM
    What does the BlackBerry Application Manager show for BeBuzz memory usage? (Homescreen > Options > Application Management)
    I watch it slowly climb to 7-10 MB and then drop to 450-700 KB -- this continues to cycle in this fashion.
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-08-12 at 10:42 PM.
    11-08-12 10:26 PM
    I'm not getting any popups at all. I do have back light on. Also the LED an tones are working properly. Still getting the profile tone for sms and the buzz tone.

Was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the Berrymail settings in a separate section of the Options like how the popups are separate. Also have the menu option available when you are looking at the email and want to set up a rule to auto delete while in the email. I know I could just set it as junk mail in my regular email but sometimes things get through to the bb and I'd like to be able to set up a filter for that so it auto deletes without having to do it by going into BeBuzz.

Also..when you click on add contact, the button for adding a BBM contact has a dot /period on the left side.
    11-08-12 11:50 PM
    should i uninstall my official version before giving this a stab or does it not matter? also will my back up work with this version?

Sent from my BlackBerry By Choice Tapatalk
    11-09-12 12:27 AM
    Memory was 2.0MB a moment ago and Application Storage is 670.6KB. Memory just went back down to 700KB but is climbing back up again.

EDIT: Looks like it drops back to around 395KB then works it's way back to 2.0MB and cycles that way ad infinitum...

I have escreens enabled, so if there's anything in there that would be helpful, let me know.
    Last edited by hytran; 11-09-12 at 07:21 AM.
    11-09-12 03:38 AM
    Just thinking - it'd be nice to be able to filter e-mails, texts, etc, while you're viewing the message itself, ie, a menu item in the messaging app...
    11-09-12 07:22 AM
    I watch it slowly climb to 7-10 MB and then drop to 450-700 KB -- this continues to cycle in this fashion.
    I just watch the memory usage go up to 17 MB before it dropped below 1 MB.
    11-09-12 07:35 AM
    Do you have the OS 7.1 build installed? Please check the 'About' screen.
    Version: 6.0.11 (for OS 7.1)
    11-09-12 11:35 AM
    pfluger, when you update to the next build, can you edit the initial post? It's easier to check there, than to read through all the comments
    11-09-12 11:38 AM

I see where you're going with the "Add contact" feature, and how you want to replace the built-in functionality. If you're going to go that way, you might want to expand the "Vibrate" option so it mimics the built-in functionality? By that I mean the "custom" vibration settings (short, medium, long, and number of vibrations).

In general though, I'm seeing a lot of overlap between BeBuzz features and baked-in features. When you first built BerryBuzz, these features weren't even in the OS. From what I remember, the ability to have vibrations happening simultaneously with ringtones was the original reason behind BerryBuzz. Over time it has expanded, yes?

RIM has expanded the sound profiles now to the point where you can even change the LED color. The color options are not as varied as BeBuzz, but I can only assume that is coming. Right now, there are only three new features that BeBuzz actually offers:

1) expanded LED color options
    2) reminders
    3) popup / toasts

Have you considered making an app or apps that only addresses these existing deficiencies in OS 7.1? As it stands, I probably wouldn't use BeBuzz. Feature creep has taken over. This app has too many functions, and not all of them are actually needed anymore.

If you made a couple of stripped down apps, that would make more sense.

1) BeLED
    2) BeRemind
    3) BeToast and/or BePopup

Each app adds one set of functionality.
    11-09-12 11:48 AM
    Expanding on the idea of reminders, having it interactive would be interesting. By that, I mean mimicking the alarm/calendar alert for emails/other notifications as well. When a new notification triggers, the ringtone/vibration/led goes off like normal (built-in OS feature), but a popup shows, asking to "dismiss/defer/etc". So instead of just automatically nagging every XX minutes, you can tell it "Defer this notification until such-and-such-a-time or defer for XX minutes", but have some default, so that if your phone is in your pocket and you miss the notification, or if it's on the table and you're in another room, it'll by default re-trigger the notification in XX minutes.
    11-09-12 11:52 AM
    It appears that the apparent memory leak is adversely affecting device performance. I have reverted to v5.0.91 core until the next build is available.
    11-09-12 12:52 PM
    over 24hours into testing i don't use all the features in the app just the LED feature everything seems smooth just sometimes the led light keeps blinking even when exiting a certain application dunno weather anyone else is experiencing this
    11-09-12 08:22 PM
    I've got the email popups working. Now. That would be due to operator error. Still not getting text popups. I switched those from full popup to toasts and those appear to be working. Its getting a bit annoying since I deleted berrypopup. It seems like its trying to do the popup. The backlight comes on but the screen stays black for me.

Is there a way to sort the contacts? All sms rules tgether, bbm, email rules. Almost feels like the berrymail functions should be on a different tab.

Going out of town tomorrow. Hopefully a new build before I go ? I'll try to check in for new builds or if I find new bugs.

Thanks H.
    11-10-12 01:48 AM
    over 24hours into testing i don't use all the features in the app just the LED feature everything seems smooth just sometimes the led light keeps blinking even when exiting a certain application dunno weather anyone else is experiencing this
    I have had that with every version of bebuzz to date. To fix it sent led to dismiss on "trackpad or keyboard activity" instead of "default"

Sent from my  Bold 9790 using Tapatalk
    11-10-12 08:12 AM
    Is it only WhatsApp or any other 3rd party app, too?
    So far it only appears to be whatsapp?? Foursquare & twitter for example are fine & show up in list. Memory on my phone is however improved in the way that I have had no resource monitor problems on this version as I did with previous which had me change to a core version.
    Latest OS 7.1
    11-11-12 02:40 AM
    Not seeing any issues yet on my OS6 device. Been two days. Ill continue to keep an eye out. I have pop ups/toasts enabled and very much like how I can interact with them.
    11-11-12 03:30 AM
266 1234 ...