We are finally starting beta testing for the next major release of BeBuzz!

BeBuzz 6 will bring the following new features and enhancements:

• E-mail, text and BBM filters. Create notifications for specific messages filtered by message sender, subject, body etc.
    • Automatically perform actions on filtered e-mail messages (Delete, mark as read, change priority)
    • Use toasts or fully interactive popups for e-mails and text messages. Reply, forward mark as read e-mails and texts straight from the popup. Popups are fully customizable (Display, font, buttons etc)
    • E-mail notifications. Missing notifications while your phone is in the other room? Get an e-mail on your desktop PC when your phone's battery is empty, phone is fully charged, when you get a new BBM or any other notification supported by BeBuzz.
    • Limit sending of e-mail notifications to when your phone is face up/down or charging
    • Now you can select to have the initial audible alert played by BeBuzz in addition to the audible reminders
    • Many bug fixes

This beta is fully functional and available to everyone. The beta will expire on November 30th. BeBuzz 6 will be free to all users of BeBuzz 5.
    We will be giving out free licenses to CrackBerry users who have been active in helping to test! Make sure you post your feedback and bug reports here!

Download OTA from:
    OS 5.0 http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/beb.../berrybuzz.jad
    OS 6.0 http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/beb.../berrybuzz.jad
    OS 7.0 http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/beb.../berrybuzz.jad
    OS 7.1 http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/beb.../berrybuzz.jad

Version 6.0.28 - 24 December 01:00 EST
    - Official release

Version 6.0.27 - 16 December 07:00 EST
    - Extended beta version until Dec 20th
    - Added power settings mode for BBM support (Energy save is default, will improve battery life, memory use)
    - Fixed LED stops flashing when one e-mail rule has "Mark as opened" action
    - Fixed BeWeather popups not showing
    - Fixed increased hourglass after notifications
    - Fixed Application Resource Monitor (ASR) flagging BeBuzz

Version 6.0.24 - 12 December 05:00 EST
    - Back to regular version
    - Overall improved memory working set use especially during idle
    - Potential fix for contact/rule items reappearing after being deleted
    - BeBuzz will now remember which tab was open last and reopen it on start
    - When closing 'Ask for review screen' BeBuzz displays option to remove the message from inbox
    - Removed twitter/facebook support (for app and LED sharing)
    - Removed log screen (Alt + L O G)

Version 6.0.19 - 2 December 07:00 EST
    - Extended beta version until Dec 15th
    - Fixed popups not showing for per contact/rule text messages

Version 6.0.18 - 26 November 22:30 EST
    - Improved clearing of LED/notifications after key activity when unlocking device or backlight turns on
    - Improved clearing of LED/notification for missed calls
    - Improved clearing of LED/notification for Hookt
    - Fixed toast/popup/e-mail not working correctly for contacts/rules

Version 6.0.16 - 15 November 4:30 EST
    - Improved clearing of LED via opening of messaging app on OS 7.1
    - Fixed only showing number (no name) for incoming SMS.
    - Fixed little dot showing in contact type selection

Version 6.0.15 - 12 November 5:00 EST
    - Added 'Add BeBuzz Rule' to messages app menu
    - Fixed text rules not saving number/text field
    - Fixed changing rule settings overwriting other rules

Version 6.0.14 - 11 November 4:30 EST
    - Temporarily switched to 'Core' build for beta until memory leak is fixed
    - Showing popup preview instead of toast preview when popup is selected
    - Fixed "Send from" e-mail account not saved in e-mail notification settings
    - Fixed email accounts not showing in 'Service' field of e-mail rule
    - Changed 'Add Contact' to 'Add Contact/Rule'. Fixed Move Up/Move Down for contacts and rules.
    - Improved overall memory usage.

BeBuzz 6 Beta is here!-bebuzz6a-50-.jpg BeBuzz 6 Beta is here!-bebuzz6c-50-.jpg
    BeBuzz 6 Beta is here!-bebuzz6e-50-.jpg BeBuzz 6 Beta is here!-bebuzz6f-50-.jpg
    Last edited by pfluger; 12-23-12 at 11:55 PM.
    11-07-12 12:44 PM
    When entering the e-mail address to send notifications to, it doesn't follow the standard of using SPACE between name, domain and TLD to automatically fill in @ and dot.

When using the "Try It" button while setting up a toast/popup, it always shows a toast regardless of whether toast or full popup is selected.
    11-07-12 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I can confirm both issues. Should be fixed in the next build.

When entering the e-mail address to send notifications to, it doesn't follow the standard of using SPACE between name, domain and TLD to automatically fill in @ and dot.

When using the "Try It" button while setting up a toast/popup, it always shows a toast regardless of whether toast or full popup is selected.
    11-07-12 01:55 PM
    Hello H,
    I have some quick questions before I download this. Will this basically replace Berry PopUp?
    Also, I currently have Berry PopUp installed. Will this cause any conflicts that you know of? Should I uninstall Berry PopUp prior to downloading this?

Or, is this an either/or situation where I can keep both applications, and just elect pop ups from from one app and disable pop ups in the other app?

I really don't want to go through a lot of trial and error just to get started. I just want to get right into testing the app.

Lastly, should I even download this now, or just wait for the next iteration?
    I know you can make updates very quickly, so is it better that I wait for the next version?

Hoping you see this soon. I would like to try it.

Thanks in Advance!
    11-07-12 02:20 PM
    BeBuzz 6 replicates most functionality that you have in BerryPopup (support for CrackBerry.com is missing), so it replaces BerryPopup and I would recommend to uninstall it. It also replicates most of the SmartAlerts and some of the BeMail features, so I recommend to uninstall these, too. Everything is now integrated in BeBuzz, so you have much better control over all different types of notifications.

The next build will either come today or tomorrow.

Hello H,
    I have some quick questions before I download this. Will this basically replace Berry PopUp?
    Also, I currently have Berry PopUp installed. Will this cause any conflicts that you know of? Should I uninstall Berry PopUp prior to downloading this?

Or, is this an either/or situation where I can keep both applications, and just elect pop ups from from one app and disable pop ups in the other app?

I really don't want to go through a lot of trial and error just to get started. I just want to get right into testing the app.

Lastly, should I even download this now, or just wait for the next iteration?
    I know you can make updates very quickly, so is it better that I wait for the next version?

Hoping you see this soon. I would like to try it.

Thanks in Advance!
    11-07-12 02:29 PM
    BeBuzz 6 replicates most functionality that you have in BerryPopup (support for CrackBerry.com is missing), so it replaces BerryPopup and I would recommend to uninstall it. It also replicates most of the SmartAlerts and some of the BeMail features, so I recommend to uninstall these, too. Everything is now integrated in BeBuzz, so you have much better control over all different types of notifications.

The next build will either come today or tomorrow.
    OK great! And, thanks for the heads up on SmartAlerts and BerryMail as well.
    I didn't think about those. I will get rid of those while I'm at it.

I guess I will download it now as I am anxious to try it. No harm in an update later.

Thanks for the quick response!
    11-07-12 02:57 PM
    Dloaded but the bbm integration saying its "expired" can't connect to bbm.

Sent from my  Bold 9790 using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 08:34 PM
    Also I noticed email popups don't show up when my phone is locked or when the backlight is off.

Sent from my  Bold 9790 using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 08:53 PM
    pfluger, is there a "Core" version of this beta available that strips everything extraneous out?
    11-07-12 09:38 PM
    If I may be so bold, here is my feedback:

1) SmartAlerts is useful because it creates entries in the sound profiles, so I can edit them on a profile by profile basis. In BeBuzz 6 Beta, it's fixed. The audible reminder / vibrate is duplicating functionality already in BBOS 7.1, namely "Sounds for Contacts" where you can edit a phone / email+SMS ringer/vibration/LED on a per contact basis. For the feature in BeBuzz to be truly useful, it needs to add a new function (like SmartAlerts) instead of just duplicating built-in features.

2) Under "Apps", BeBuzz 6 Beta is not picking up on the fact that I have Dell Voice installed. I'm sure it is supported (I've configured earlier versions of BeBuzz to trigger on it), but for some reason it's not showing up.

3) If I create an audible alert + vibration for an app (such as eBay or Podcasts), how does it handle/override the built-in alert+vibration that might be already configured in sound profiles? Why is this functionality here, since you can already set these in sound profiles?

Adam
    11-07-12 10:19 PM
    I have been using BerryBuzz/BeBuzz for as long as I can rembember. I really like the integration of the BerryMail functiopnality into the app. I have discovered a couple of bugs:

1. I cannot set the Service in the settings for an E-Mail Rule -- if I click the button, "All" is the only option. This is critical for me to replace rules set in BerryMail.
    2. I cannot move Contacts, E-Mail Rules, etc up or down. When I select the Move Up, I get a delete confirmation dialogue -- when I select Move Down, nothing happens.
    3. For e-mail notifications, the Send From service cannot be changed from Defaut (i.e., it reverts to Default when I try to save settings).
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-07-12 at 10:49 PM.
    11-07-12 10:35 PM
    At beginning of setup I am also getting "expired" message on bbm connect.....let ya know how rest goes...thanks.....Also the "tryit" for toast/full popup messages is the same popup
    Last edited by lifeofchaoss; 11-07-12 at 11:39 PM.
    11-07-12 10:46 PM
    At beginning of setup I am also getting "expired" message on bbm connect.....let ya know how rest goes...thanks
    This is very common with apps not distibuted via (Cr)AppWorld, including betas such as this.
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-08-12 at 03:36 PM.
    11-07-12 10:55 PM
    This is very common with apps not distibuted via (Cr)AppWorld, ibcluding beta such as this.
    Ahhhhhh,ok thanks
    11-07-12 11:41 PM
    No full pop up option for BerryWeather, and BerryWeather still has the option to use Berry PopUp. LoL.
    11-07-12 11:43 PM
    There seems to be a major leak now that I've installed the beta. Dropped 40MB since yesterday afternoon - I can usually make it for a number of days before dropping that much with BeBuzz 5. Not complaining, I expect that from a beta, just something that I will keep an eye on.

pfluger, is there a "Core" version of this beta available that strips everything extraneous out?
    While I would certainly like a core version of BeBuzz 6 as well, why don't we get the full version working first, THEN worry about cutting features out for a core version?
    11-08-12 07:31 AM
    Just downloaded the beta. Have a few issues. Popups that I normally had been getting are not showing anymore. I'm not even getting a toast for them. Also my screen seems to go black when those popups should be there.I can confirm that the option for a toast or full popup is only previewing the toast
    11-08-12 12:36 PM
    I think I'm missing something but where do I set up the rules for my email filters? I've checked everything in options but don't see how BerryMail is integrated here.
    11-08-12 01:28 PM
    I think I'm missing something but where do I set up the rules for my email filters? I've checked everything in options but don't see how BerryMail is integrated here.
    It took me until this morning to realize where to do it. I've been frantically searching every possible option...

The clue is in Pfluger's screenshot above. Go to the Contacts tab and add a contact. The popup has two buttons, but below that are three links for E-Mail Rule / Text Rule / BBM Rule. Pick one
    11-08-12 01:36 PM
    Ok so far on using the only thing I have noticed on my handset which I have not seen mentioned is that the ability for toasts on whatsapp is not there in apps?
    11-08-12 02:46 PM
    Also I noticed email popups don't show up when my phone is locked or when the backlight is off.
    Make sure you have set "Turn On Backlight On Popup" to "Yes" in popup settings.
    11-08-12 04:28 PM
    There is no BeBuzz 6 Core version at this time. It is easier to first test the whole feature package and then strip stuff out.
    11-08-12 04:30 PM
    If I may be so bold, here is my feedback:
    1) SmartAlerts is useful because it creates entries in the sound profiles, so I can edit them on a profile by profile basis. In BeBuzz 6 Beta, it's fixed. The audible reminder / vibrate is duplicating functionality already in BBOS 7.1, namely "Sounds for Contacts" where you can edit a phone / email+SMS ringer/vibration/LED on a per contact basis. For the feature in BeBuzz to be truly useful, it needs to add a new function (like SmartAlerts) instead of just duplicating built-in features.
    The per-rule sound profile items in SmartAlerts have never worked reliably, that is why we left them out in BeBuzz. Should there be more interest in having that feature we will add them back.
    "Sounds for Contacts" doesn't support audible reminders, only a single alert. We added support for playing the initial alert in BeBuzz 6 so people can turn off all notifications in the profiles panel and instead do configure it in BeBuzz. In older versions you had to configure the initial alert in profiles and the reminder in BeBuzz.
    2) Under "Apps", BeBuzz 6 Beta is not picking up on the fact that I have Dell Voice installed. I'm sure it is supported (I've configured earlier versions of BeBuzz to trigger on it), but for some reason it's not showing up.
    Do you have the OS 7.1 build installed? Please check the 'About' screen.
    3) If I create an audible alert + vibration for an app (such as eBay or Podcasts), how does it handle/override the built-in alert+vibration that might be already configured in sound profiles? Why is this functionality here, since you can already set these in sound profiles?
    See above. Recommended use is to use either one, but not the other. You can configure alert+vibrate in profiles and leave it off in BeBuzz, or you can configure there but make sure to have it turned off in profiles. When both are on results are unexpected. You will usually hear only one of the two sounds or one interrupting the other one.
    11-08-12 04:39 PM
    I have been using BerryBuzz/BeBuzz for as long as I can rembember. I really like the integration of the BerryMail functiopnality into the app. I have discovered a couple of bugs:

I cannot set the Service in the settings for an E-Mail Rule -- if I click the button, "All" is the only option. This is critical for me to replace rules set in BerryMail.
    Should be fixed in the next build.

I cannot move Contacts, E-Mail Rules, etc up or down. When I select the Move Up, I get a delete confirmation dialogue -- when I select Move Down, nothing happens.

For e-mail notifications, the Send From service cannot be changed from Defaut (i.e., it reverts to Default when I try to save settings).
    11-08-12 04:40 PM
    At beginning of setup I am also getting "expired" message on bbm connect.....
    This is expected when downloading from outside AppWorld. Simply ignore and do not connect to BBM. This will only affect "Send App to Friends" functionality.
    11-08-12 04:43 PM
266 123 ...