Anyone have a .jad for the older versions please? This uncaught error pop is really bugging me.

Pfluger I wish you could put up download links of the older ones so in case we find bugs in the latest releases we have the option of going back to using a working one.
    07-06-12 04:11 AM
    To Pfluger:
    A few versions back you kindly added support for Hookt to BeBuzz. It worked fine for a while, I think, but then I started noticing that the notifications (LED and sound) wouldn't go away, even after reading the messages. The only way I have found to stop the notifications is by opening BeBuzz to reset all notifications. This is only happening with Hookt.
    I have tried BeBuzz versions 40 and 65, on two different BBOS (I currently have 7.1.0.523) and the problem persists.
    Could you please take a look into that?
    Thanks!!
    07-06-12 11:36 AM
    Where did everybody go??

07-09-12 07:04 AM
    Where did everybody go??

They ran away with your money and are now in the Bahamas.
    07-09-12 10:48 AM
    Yeah, I never heard a word back on my ticket. Sad but true...
    07-09-12 01:22 PM
    They ran away with your money and are now in the Bahamas.
    I'm beginning to wonder. Not even a reply. I just want to use the software I paid for. I really despise it when apps have to "phone home" to register and work.
    07-09-12 02:44 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder. Not even a reply. I just want to use the software I paid for. I really despise it when apps have to "phone home" to register and work.
    I also dislike it when an app "phones home" with personal details from MY phone without asking me. Nothing in the Ts and Cs said they would be stealing my personal email accounts from the phone, but they did. And it too a lot of pushing from me to get them to admit it after they started spamming me with BeWeather adverts on addresses that they had no legal access to.

Makes me wonder what is really going on inside that company and if it is the same guys still controlling it as started it. Maybe they just sold up and jetted off to the Bahamas. Even the guy who used to post in this forum has going quiet. Makes you wonder what else they are not saying....
    07-09-12 02:54 PM
    It's kind of sad the difference I've seen since the time I joined CB 2 year ago. Back then, I've only read people raving about Bellshare's products, namely BeBuzz and BeWeather. Now there's a lot of angry customers due to the lack of support. Bellshare! Wake up!! You're losing or have lost a lot of loyal customers!
    07-10-12 01:48 AM
    Henrik of Bellshare got back to me last night, and reset my license on the server. I have BeBuzz goodness again. I just don't understand why it happened in the first place. And I'm worried it will happen everytime I update my operating system and re-install my apps, which is fairly often.
    07-10-12 11:17 AM
    I just don't understand why it happened in the first place. And I'm worried it will happen everytime I update my operating system and re-install my apps, which is fairly often.
    Well, the simple answer is in this thread. This is not the only LED Flashing App. Look at Advanced OS and LED and you find an application with a keen and active developer who helps his users. A product that even though it has dozens of other features included still has a smaller footprint that BeBuzz and less of a battery drain. Also no theft of personal data going on.

I swapped and glad I did. Even though I don't use the other features, I just leave them turned off.
    07-10-12 12:31 PM
    ...still has a smaller footprint that BeBuzz and less of a battery drain.
    This point is paramount to me. Would be even lighter if modularized into a separate app. Now that would be really something special.
    07-10-12 12:35 PM
    Luckily I downgraded to .40 before they removed it from their site cuz .60 was giving me problems (error messages & reboots). Doubt I'll ever attempt to upgrade again and when I change devices I'll be looking for something else. Sad because I like BeBuzz (and BeWeather) but it doesn't seem that they give a flip about their customers any more.
    07-10-12 04:51 PM
    BeWeather: Won't register using the promo license... OTA download works fine off their website. Registered with serial from support page on their website. Fine.
    BeBuzz: Won't update from 4.xx to 5.xx with AppWorld. OTA download from website gives me "Uncaught exception: Object already exists" every time I reboot the phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Sigh.
    07-12-12 08:57 PM
    Ok just to follow up, the BeBuzz Core Edition 5.0.70 seemed to install fine and isn't giving me the uncaught exception error... For some reason Appworld still wants to install 4.0.89 I believe it is... And then keep offering me updates to 5.0.65 but when I go to update it, it just redownloads 4.89 so Appworld is being very stupid. I have tried ALT+RST and all kinds of things... still offers me the same crap
    07-13-12 09:52 AM
    I had just reinstalled bebuzz 5.0.xx on my new BB 9360 and that app really drained my battery, I'm talking about 10 hours installed versus 28 hours uninstalled plus BB's Application Resource Monitor even came up and said t was causing a drain on resources. I have switched over to Advanced OS after fighting so hard and long with Bebuzz, and I don't have these issues with Advanced OS, the only thing I think Bebuzz excel in is their toast which I sadly miss. Advanced OS pop-up doesn't come close but it ain't problematic like Bebuzz
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-17-12 03:56 PM
    probably not the best solution, but when i used to use bebuzz, i encountered the same problem with every update. what i used to to is security wipe my phone and then install, that was the only way i could curtail the excessive battery drain.
    07-17-12 08:06 PM
    If you are seeing Application Resource Monitor flagging BeBuzz please make sure to post the corresponding event log entry with all details (Homescreen > Alt + L G L G). This would help us locate any excessive drain of resources.
    07-19-12 11:31 AM
    Welcome back pfluger. Where have you guys been? People have been complaining about Bellshare's disappearance and sudden lack of support for over a month already.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    07-19-12 11:35 AM
    Welcome back pfluger.

I much appreciate the new Core version. Strip out as much extraneous stuff as possible, absolutely. I also noticed you changed the toast graphics, but when I pick the different options it doesn't change the toast formatting in the way I'd expect.

If you're reading this, and I hope you are, there's one more thing you should remove.

I know that originally BerryBuzz added the "vibrate with ring tone" functionality that was missing with BB OS. But that isn't the case anymore. You can do simultaneous vibrate/tone directly in BB sound profiles. I think you should remove the "Vibrate > Length" option. It isn't needed anymore.

Also, for text-to-speech, right now it seems like it only reads out the send and subject line. It would be really cool if you could add check box options to pick if it reads out

[ ] sender
    [ ] subject line
    [ ] the first XXX words of body
    07-24-12 12:17 PM
    Welcome back, pfluger.

I have posted here previously about persistent notifications for Hookt. In a nutshell, the notifications won't stop even after having read all the messages, and the only way I have found to make them stop is to open BeBuzz to reset all notifications.

Could you please take a look at it? Thanks in advance. It's good to see you back!!

ps: Does the new BBCore5 support Hookt? I couldn't find it on the list. Thanks!!
    07-24-12 12:45 PM
    Ok just to follow up, the BeBuzz Core Edition 5.0.70 seemed to install fine and isn't giving me the uncaught exception error... For some reason Appworld still wants to install 4.0.89 I believe it is... And then keep offering me updates to 5.0.65 but when I go to update it, it just redownloads 4.89 so Appworld is being very stupid. I have tried ALT+RST and all kinds of things... still offers me the same crap
    I am having this same problem. I purchased version 4 a year or so ago and now I want to upgrade to v5 to use individual contact bbm leds.
    I can install v5 free or v5 core no problem, but everything is locked down and when I click to unlock it goes into appworld and says its installing v5, but really only installs v4.0.89. It never even gives me the option to purchase a license! The only option I can see is to purchase a license thru bellshares website, but they charge $5.99usd whereas in app world it is 'on sale' for $2.99. I refuse to pay full price since I own v4 and should not have to pay $6 for an ungrade - especially when it is on sale for less!

And yes, I tried advanced OS led, but I do not like the way it work for multiple leds blinking together (2 or more alerts blinking together) and it split up multi color led combos into 2 seperate blinks

Could someone from bellshare please post or pm me a paypal link or something so I can purchase v5 for the sale price? I wish to run the core version as well.

Thanks
    08-26-12 06:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick PM and help Henrik! (pfluger)

Love the new BeBuzz v5
    08-27-12 12:28 AM
    Why have you started to spam us again? On the email addresses that you stole? And should have been unsubscribed?

Why do you have no respect for your customers?
    08-27-12 05:02 AM
    I'm not getting any spam and have been using bebuzz since v3, upgraded to v4 and now 5!

Maybe you forgot to uncheck the box that subscribes you to the bellshare newsletters when you installed the app?
    08-27-12 12:09 PM
    I'm not getting any spam and have been using bebuzz since v3, upgraded to v4 and now 5!

Maybe you forgot to uncheck the box that subscribes you to the bellshare newsletters when you installed the app?
    No. I subscribed to the app with a different email address. And made sure to tick the "no spam" option. And don't get Berry spam to that account

Berry are spamming the private email accounts I had installed on the phone's email app. Two of those addresses I have never given out at all. They did eventually admit "accidentally" stealing this data, after I pushed them. They also claimed they had removed my details from their databases. Which is now clearly a lie as two out of three of those email accounts have got new spam sent to them this week.

Be very wary of what this company is doing with your data. I can't tell if it is dishonesty or just incompetence but it is annoying. Those were PRIVATE email addresses. And they were stolen without permission.

I work in IT and security, so am very careful as to where my data goes. And there was nothing in the Berry Ts and Cs to say they were going to lift my installed email accounts from my phone.

I've deleted the Berry products from my phone now. I had paid for both v4 and v5 but never installed v5. And seeing these new spam emails this week is annoying. I thought I had seen the back of Berry.
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 08-27-12 at 12:24 PM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-27-12 12:21 PM
319 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD