Every Berry upgrade will cost more money. Unless you happen to buy it in the months running up to the next release. v1, v2, v3, v4, v5 etc will all cost cash.

I paid for and used v4 BerryBuzz for most of a year. I remember at the time seeing in the forum various people who got a "free" upgrade if they had only just bought v3. When v5 came out, they asked for more money, which I paid. I didn't upgrade straight away. Partially due to issues being reported in this thread.

They then started to spam personal email addresses that only the phone knew about. Sending me spam about that BerryWeather junk. I ripped version 4 out of the phone before it stole other data. The partial admission from the company was very worrying. I had to push them to finally admit that they had taken this data "in error". Rubbish - there is no way to take that kind of data in "error".... they clearly knew what they were doing.

I never did install version 5. Even though I had paid for it.

I also noticed the change of company names on the various contacts I have had with the company. (mobihand to bellshare) Makes me wonder if they sold up to a bigger guy? No idea to be honest, but clearly ethics have changed.

Am now using "Advanced OS and LED" even though I was initially worried about a free product. I now trust this free product far more than any Berry crud.

As you also paid for the update from v4 to v5 do you have any idea of what that change was? It is a clever idea of charging like this as the AppStore does not let you go back to an older version. Sneaky and dishonest.
    After not getting a response to help for many weeks, I also decided to uninstall BeBuzz (which I paid for on both mine and my wife's phones). I was so frustrated with them that I also uninstalled BeWeather (paid for that too before the free promotion). I am use Advanced OS and a homescreen shortcut to (plus daily e-mail from) accuweather.
    06-20-12 03:37 PM
    Today i saw in AppWorld a new version 5.0.65
    I installed this application and this is what i have now:
    In application managment i see this:
    Click to view quoted image

But in BeBuzz "about":

And i have still 4.0.89, nor 5.0.65
    We are not sure what exactly is happening. It seems AppWorld is giving out a wrong version. This seems to happen on OS 6.0 and earlier only. We thought this would have been solved with the latest .65 update but it apparently is not.

If anyone sees this on OS 7.0+ please let me know.

We will post the latest version 5.0.65 on our website shortly so you can get the latest version from there.

PS: The version in the BeBuzz 'About' screen shows the correct version. What you see in the 'Options' > 'Applications' page is a version number as AppWorld puts it there after download.
    06-20-12 09:12 PM
    Pfluger - did u read the topic on your Bellshare forum?
    This is not problem with only os6.0
    It happens on os7.0 too
    Did u read my 3 tickets, emails etc?
    Why did u close my ticket without cause?
    Now i delete all of your aplicattions i bought in appworld BeBuzz and BerryWeather.
    I will never buy anything from your company.
    Your support doesn't exist.
    On your site the newest version of bebuzz is 5.0.40 and doesn't work correctly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-20-12 10:58 PM
    I'm having the versioning problem with OS 7.1. I posted a ticket about it on your web site. Can you please post again when your web site has updated the version?

Also, what ever happened to Text-to-speech?
    06-21-12 11:30 AM
    (...)
    We will post the latest version 5.0.65 on our website shortly so you can get the latest version from there.(...)
    Pfuger,
    Any news on this version on your website yet?

Is there any chance that you would be putting all the updated versions on your site?

And too bad you did remove the beta releases from your forum.
    06-21-12 02:54 PM
    BeBuzz 5.0.65 is now available for OTA download from our website at Bellshare - BerryBuzz
    bobauckland likes this.
    06-21-12 10:56 PM
    Still doesn't support Facebook Messenger. 5.0.45 does.
    I prefer Advance
    Last edited by Jash777; 06-30-12 at 04:00 AM.
    06-22-12 03:57 AM
    BeBuzz 5.0.65 is now available for OTA download from our website at Bellshare - BerryBuzz
    Pfuger,

Can you tell me, why the update from within the app is not working?
    06-22-12 04:32 AM
    When I installed this version, there's an error popup, "Uncaught exception: object already exists".

How do I go back to v5.0.40??
    06-22-12 01:34 PM
    I'm having the same problem again, where the app won't register. I installed OS 7.1.0.523 and then I went to re-install all my apps. I installed 5.0.65 from the web site instead of doing it through App World.

It says my serial number is attached to a different PIN. But when I re-request my serial number, it sends me an email with my current PIN, and the serial. I've submitted a ticket, again. I don't understand why this keeps happening.
    06-22-12 02:14 PM
    When I installed this version, there's an error popup, "Uncaught exception: object already exists".

How do I go back to v5.0.40??
    I had the exact same problem (as well as a constant popup to connect to BBM every time I opened the app) and filed a ticket with Bellshare. Haven't heard a word back from them and it's been over a week. I downgraded to .40 from .60 and was afraid to update to .65 when I saw they had removed .40 from their website. Hope they get to the bottom of this issue.
    06-22-12 03:22 PM
    WOW......here we go again. I guess I will wait until........who knows. Hopefully these issues can be resolved soon
    06-22-12 03:32 PM
    Sigh. Ticket open for three days. I can't unlock BeBuzz with the serial number that was *sent to me* via their "retrieve your code" page. It says that this serial is attached to a different PIN. The email I received listed my current PIN.

Mind = blown

I miss that damn blinking multi color LED.
    06-25-12 06:48 PM
    So why not just get Advanced OS?
    06-25-12 06:51 PM
    So why not just get Advanced OS?
    Is that really the answer? We've all paid for BeBuzz already, so we expect them to provide support and a working product. We should all just roll over and give up?

While I appreciate that AOS is apparently a decent (and free) app, I know I don't need all the other stuff that's in it...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-26-12 07:12 AM
    I agree with you. I am in the same boat as you as I own 2 copies of BezBuzz (one for the wife) which I paid to upgrade several times and I also bought BeWeather before they had the free promotion.

I had requested support from them on numerous occassions and posted here asking for help. How much longer can I beg them?

I have nothing to do with Sultan and am a regular forum member like everyone else. I barely use any of the other features in AOL and there are things I like better in BeBuzz that I had to forego (there are some things that work better in AOL too).

So, I held my head high, removed ALL bellshare products from my family berries and switched. I consider those prior purchase sunk costs. Since I don't have to pay anything for replacements, it doesn't really matter to me.

It also seems that AOL has a smaller footprint than Bebuzz even with all those features I don't use.
    06-26-12 07:32 AM
    I agree with you. I am in the same boat as you as I own 2 copies of BezBuzz (one for the wife) which I paid to upgrade several times and I also bought BeWeather before they had the free promotion.

I had requested support from them on numerous occassions and posted here asking for help. How much longer can I beg them?

I have nothing to do with Sultan and am a regular forum member like everyone else. I barely use any of the other features in AOL and there are things I like better in BeBuzz that I had to forego (there are some things that work better in AOL too).

So, I held my head high, removed ALL bellshare products from my family berries and switched. I consider those prior purchase sunk costs. Since I don't have to pay anything for replacements, it doesn't really matter to me.

It also seems that AOL has a smaller footprint than Bebuzz even with all those features I don't use.
    Now perhaps if Sultan can add weather functionality that... Well, this isn't the right place to discuss that LOL
    06-26-12 07:36 AM
    I was so upset with Bellshare that, even though there was nothing wrong with BeWeather, I uninstalled it out of principle. Instead I put a web shortcut to Accuweather on my homescreen (no, it doesn't live update) and signed up for a daily e-mail with the forecast.

I REFUSE to beg this horrible company anymore.
    06-26-12 08:48 AM
    I paid for the software, and it does what I need. I just want what I paid for, and I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get it working on my Berry after I do a software upgrade and have to re-install my apps.

It feels like the developer is overwhelmed, or busy on other projects. Maybe he's busy building BerryBuzz and BerryWeather for BB10, but if he doesn't put resources/time into his existing legacy userbase, people won't want to buy his software for BB10.
    06-26-12 11:05 AM
    why does BeBuzz keep asking me to leave feedback? i've left feedback about 10 times lool
    06-26-12 11:19 AM
    Reduce resource consumption. Application Resource Monitor closes BeBuzz 5 every hour.
    06-26-12 02:29 PM
    Reduce resource consumption. Application Resource Monitor closes BeBuzz 5 every hour.
    It is a bloated mess... what else is it up to apart from flashing the LED? How can it be so much bigger than Advance OS and LED? And yet Advanced OS and LED can do so many other things at the same time. (Okay, so I have all those features disabled for now).

The annoying thing with Apps is not knowing how to check if a company is trustable. Initially I assumed I could trust the big names who take a small fee for their work. Yet now I have seen that Berry abandon paid users, and then steal personal information from the phone. And at the same time there is a guy creating Advances OS and LED for nothing who seems far more trustable. Strange how the world works.
    06-26-12 02:47 PM
    Sounds like Windows vs. Linux...Not at all an uncommon phenomenon...
    Aside from IMX, ARM flags BB5 as the greatest offender of resource consumption...
    BB5 is indeed a bloated mess...So very slow to access the options page...
    06-26-12 03:30 PM
    Still no reply from Bellshare about my issues. I've submitted another ticket. This is really beginning to me off. First it was an inconvenience. Now I'm just flat out astonished my problem hasn't been fixed.
    06-29-12 03:52 PM
    Does anyone know where I can download the older builds? I had to reset my phone and download Bebuzz again and the current version they have on their website is giving me the "Uncaught exception: object already exists" pop up too.
    07-01-12 07:45 AM
319 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD