@spencerdl: there is one answer that you can try out. Check the AppStore for "Advanced OS & LED". That developer is much more honest and he answers your questions when asked. His app is also light weight, had a lot of extra features, and is also FREE as he is a real programmer who enjoys creating apps. He is not a marketing company like Bellshare who are just out to make money and steal our private data. Bellshare are being stunningly dishonest here - and it sounds like they may also be lying to their developers.

I had been happy with BeBuzz v4 until this abuse of privacy. As I cannot tell what else it is doing with my private information or my address book full of private client contact details I have had to remove it until I can get a straight, honest answer from the company.
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 05-07-12 at 02:19 PM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-07-12 02:11 PM
    @Batter Pudding

We are not a large company like you may think. Bellshare is a small indie app developer. I am both CEO and lead programmer. I take the allegations you make very seriously.

I can assure you that we do not collect any private information from your phone for any other purposes than running BeBuzz. This applies especially to the phone's address book. The data in your address book is never collected or transmitted to our servers.

The only place where we transmit your personal e-mail address is the place where we ask for opting in to our newsletter.

Please send me a PM with the three e-mail addresses. I will send you all information that we have stored connected to these addresses. I will also try to find out how these e-mail made it into our database. We store them with timestamps, maybe this can help finding out what exactly happened.
    05-07-12 02:41 PM
    OK you answered post #170, what about post #169. I since have removed BeBuzz 5 from my 9930, are there any plans to correct the problem that currently plague this device as stated by quite a few others. I really like BeBuzz 5 and would like to be able to use it on my 9930.
    We have addresses the SD card locking issue when using reminder ringtones with our latest release 5.0.35. It should be available within the next couple of days from AppWorld as well as our website. Let me know if that fixes the problem for you.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    05-07-12 02:43 PM
    @Batter Pudding

We are not a large company like you may think. Bellshare is a small indie app developer. I am both CEO and lead programmer. I take the allegations you make very seriously.

I can assure you that we do not collect any private information from your phone for any other purposes than running BeBuzz. This applies especially to the phone's address book. The data in your address book is never collected or transmitted to our servers.

The only place where we transmit your personal e-mail address is the place where we ask for opting in to our newsletter.

Please send me a PM with the three e-mail addresses. I will send you all information that we have stored connected to these addresses. I will also try to find out how these e-mail made it into our database. We store them with timestamps, maybe this can help finding out what exactly happened.
    If you are both CEO and lead programmer, why have you not responded to my ticket? And just closed it?

I really do not like being lied to. Do you store our data on your servers for other reasons? Do you copy the BeBuzz settings to your servers for testing reasons? Could it be that one of your over keen marketing staff has gone through that database and lifted my email addresses from there?

I will be sending a PM. but I am also going to keep this information public as you are breaking the expected privacy clients of yours would expect. Your other clients have a right to know that you are abusing their privacy.

If this has been an error on your part, honesty would help.
    05-07-12 02:49 PM
    If you are both CEO and lead programmer, why have you not responded to my ticket? And just closed it?

I really do not like being lied to. Do you store our data on your servers for other reasons? Do you copy the BeBuzz settings to your servers for testing reasons? Could it be that one of your over keen marketing staff has gone through that database and lifted my email addresses from there?

I will be sending a PM. but I am also going to keep this information public as you are breaking the expected privacy clients of yours would expect. Your other clients have a right to know that you are abusing their privacy.

If this has been an error on your part, honesty would help.
    I will have to check what happened to your ticket. Do you have the ticket ID?

To find out what exactly happened I will need the e-mail addresses. Should this be an error on our part we are definitely going to admit it, and more importantly, fix it!
    05-07-12 03:11 PM
    I will have to check what happened to your ticket. Do you have the ticket ID?

To find out what exactly happened I will need the e-mail addresses. Should this be an error on our part we are definitely going to admit it, and more importantly, fix it!
    I posted this above in this thread. Please read the posts. My Ticket on this was #FKP-827-49964 and dated 13/04/2012.

I have also PM'd you. But at this point I cannot tell if I can trust you with my data. So I have left partial email addresses. This will not have happened to just me, so you can surely track this down without more of my personal data.

My theory is that BeBuzz uploads my settings to your Bellshare servers. As part of my BeBuzz settings my email accounts would be listed. So one of your over keen marketing guys who does not know the law and does not respect privacy has trawled this database and pulled out ALL the email addresses instead of just the registered email accounts.
    05-07-12 03:20 PM
    OK you answered post #170, what about post #169. I since have removed BeBuzz 5 from my 9930, are there any plans to correct the problem that currently plague this device as stated by quite a few others. I really like BeBuzz 5 and would like to be able to use it on my 9930.
    Thanks for the Thanks. I don't have any connection with Advanced OS & LED. I spent time today reading through all of his threads. And his knowledge and the way he supports his clients is impressive. It is also noticeable how few conversations about bugs there were. And the few mentioned issues seemed to be fixed very quickly. Those threads certainly didn't seem to have the unanswered issues of these BeBuzz threads.

It is so difficult to know who to trust in this marketplace. Maybe BeBuzz have just made a human error here, but the way they have avoid my ticket and emails is noticeable. It is only by posting in this public thread have I finally got a response.
    05-07-12 03:25 PM
    We have addresses the SD card locking issue when using reminder ringtones with our latest release 5.0.35. It should be available within the next couple of days from AppWorld as well as our website. Let me know if that fixes the problem for you.
    OK...will do.
    05-07-12 09:48 PM
    I was hoping you could answer the question about how to stop getting 2 notifications after setting up a personalized alert for a BBM contact.

I get the sanguin alert & a millisecond later I hear the contentment alert go off as well. Is there a way to disable the sanguin alert & just use the Bebuzz alerts?
    05-09-12 01:03 PM
    I was hoping you could answer the question about how to stop getting 2 notifications after setting up a personalized alert for a BBM contact.

I get the sanguin alert & a millisecond later I hear the contentment alert go off as well. Is there a way to disable the sanguin alert & just use the Bebuzz alerts?
    This is not possible at the moment, but we are currently working on a fix for a future update. The non-contact BBM alert would have to be configured within BeBuzz too, so it has control over all sounds.
    05-10-12 12:28 PM
    OK...will do.
    The update is now available on AppWorld. Did that fix the problem for you?
    05-10-12 05:21 PM
    I have this same problem but I bought my BeBuzz from Mobihand. Where can I get an OTA link please? I checked your website under BeBuzz and the latest is v5.0.28 and my Mobihand account still shows v5.0.24.
    05-10-12 07:42 PM
    I have this same problem but I bought my BeBuzz from Mobihand. Where can I get an OTA link please? I checked your website under BeBuzz and the latest is v5.0.28 and my Mobihand account still shows v5.0.24.
    pfluger, any updates?
    05-11-12 06:44 PM
    Has anybody been able Text to speech to work? I enabled it for the "loud" profile, but what else do I have to do?
    05-11-12 07:20 PM
    I purchased BeBuzz from Mobihand. It's still showing version 5.0.24.....will the Bellshare site give me the update?

Edit; updated from Bellshare website with no problems. So far working good, thanks for the update
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-11-12 at 07:34 PM.
    05-11-12 07:27 PM
    I purchased BeBuzz from Mobihand. It's still showing version 5.0.24.....will the Bellshare site give me the update?

Edit; updated from Bellshare website with no problems. So far working good, thanks for the update

spencerdl, what is the latest version? I thought the .28 was the one that was problematic, because I remember the last time I installed, I didn't download from mobihand the version .24 since there was a newer update on the website. I'm looking at this page, Bellshare - BerryBuzz for the updates. Thanks.
    05-11-12 09:17 PM
    spencerdl, what is the latest version? I thought the .28 was the one that was problematic, because I remember the last time I installed, I didn't download from mobihand the version .24 since there was a newer update on the website. I'm looking at this page, Bellshare - BerryBuzz for the updates. Thanks.
    .24 was the problem on my 9930 OS7.1....so far with .28 everything appears to be working as it should. I got the update from Bellshare's website. Scroll down until your OS comes up for update .28
    evil.bunny likes this.
    05-11-12 09:29 PM
    Thanks, that's the version I installed which gave me problems too.

edit: tried something, I uninstalled my version, went to App World, tried getting the BeBuzz free version just to see what version is updated. It installed and I guess it picked up my license code? Since I now have the full BeBuzz version and it shows as v5.0.35 in the 'About' section within the app and it shows my license as valid. I've scrolled My App World list and it shows BeBuzz Free v5.0.35. If this is the latest update that pfluger is talking about, I'm going to see if it solved the media card lock up issue.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 05-11-12 at 10:06 PM.
    05-11-12 09:55 PM
    Thanks, that's the version I installed which gave me problems too.

edit: tried something, I uninstalled my version, went to App World, tried getting the BeBuzz free version just to see what version is updated. It installed and I guess it picked up my license code? Since I now have the full BeBuzz version and it shows as v5.0.35 in the 'About' section within the app and it shows my license as valid. I've scrolled My App World list and it shows BeBuzz Free v5.0.35. If this is the latest update that pfluger is talking about, I'm going to see if it solved the media card lock up issue.
    OK now I'm lost....I had 5.0.24 (problems), I just updated to 5.0.28 (no problems so far). What's this 5.0.35
    05-11-12 11:07 PM
    Can you give the the new version number, there seems to be some misunderstandings
    evil.bunny likes this.
    05-11-12 11:09 PM
    I think that's for the best that pfluger post what version is the latest one. And the 5.0.35 is what I got from App World. Maybe someone else who bought BeBuzz from App World can double check.

I've just tested and so far my media card isn't locking.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-11-12 11:40 PM
    The latest version is 5.0.35 and it is now available from Bellshare - BerryBuzz, too. This is the one addressing the sdcard locking.

Changelog:
    - Added support for Hookt
    - Fixed potential resource leak/lock in repeating audible reminders
    - Dual LEDs crossfade when 'Smooth Pulse' LED type is selected
    - Fixed 'Check for Update' not showing a message when there is no update available
    - Fixed spelling error
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-11-12 11:56 PM
    Just updated mine to .35 just now and got that memory card issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 12:45 AM
    The latest version is 5.0.35 and it is now available from Bellshare - BerryBuzz, too. This is the one addressing the sdcard locking.

Changelog:
    - Added support for Hookt
    - Fixed potential resource leak/lock in repeating audible reminders
    - Dual LEDs crossfade when 'Smooth Pulse' LED type is selected
    - Fixed 'Check for Update' not showing a message when there is no update available
    - Fixed spelling error
    Thanks for clearing that up. The problems I WAS having was with 5.0.24. Version 5.0.28 has been working good. I guess now I will update to 5.0.35......how far apart were these last two updates? Somehow I missed the 5.0.28
    05-12-12 06:22 AM
    For those still using BeBuzz, I'm happy to report that the upgrade 5.0.35 is working properly on my Bold 9930. I went to the Bellshare website for the OTA update, everything is running smooth thus far
    05-12-12 10:48 AM
319 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD