Unfortunately that only allows me to get it at the sale price, and not the upgrade price of $1.99 I know it's only a buck more but I've already been paying an upgrade price for major upgrades being I've had this product since it was out years ago.
    For those that purchased on CrackBerry/Mobihand, I believe $2.99 is the "upgrade" price. From the FAQ:

- How can I upgrade to BeBuzz 5.0 at Mobihand/CrackBerry AppStore?
    BeBuzz 5.0 is not available at Mobihand/CrackBerry at this time. To make the transition for users who purchased at these stores easier we are offering BeBuzz 5.0 at a discounted price (50% off) on App World for a very limited time only!

www.bellshare.com • View topic - BeBuzz 5 Upgrade FAQ
    12-16-11 10:53 AM
    For those that purchased on CrackBerry/Mobihand, I believe $2.99 is the "upgrade" price. From the FAQ:

- How can I upgrade to BeBuzz 5.0 at Mobihand/CrackBerry AppStore?
    BeBuzz 5.0 is not available at Mobihand/CrackBerry at this time. To make the transition for users who purchased at these stores easier we are offering BeBuzz 5.0 at a discounted price (50% off) on App World for a very limited time only!

www.bellshare.com • View topic - BeBuzz 5 Upgrade FAQ
    This is from the announcement on the crackberry page:

"Current users of BeBuzz can grab the update for just $1.99 in BlackBerry App World. While it's regularly priced at $5.00, to get things rolling, BeBuzz is available to new users until tomorrow for $2.99 (If the discount isn't yet showing for you just check back later)."
    12-16-11 11:11 AM
    This is from the announcement on the crackberry page:

"Current users of BeBuzz can grab the update for just $1.99 in BlackBerry App World. While it's regularly priced at $5.00, to get things rolling, BeBuzz is available to new users until tomorrow for $2.99 (If the discount isn't yet showing for you just check back later)."
    Believe what you want. My understanding is that if you purchased on App World you can upgrade for $1.99. If you purchased on CrackBerry/Mobihand, there is no upgrade offer. You're only option is to take advantage of the discounted $2.99 price.
    12-16-11 11:26 AM
    I'm on 5.14 and BBM is still not working.

*UPDATE* - I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. During the reinstall it went through the set-up and gave a message that BBM has been activated. Seems to be working now.
    Last edited by adubrovs; 12-16-11 at 12:05 PM.
    12-16-11 11:44 AM
    To everyone still having problems with BBM. Please open BlackBerry Messenger and then 'Options' from the menu. What is your current setting for 'Save Chat History'?
    12-16-11 11:50 AM
    Feedback? Sure. Merely adding BBM alerts doesn't justify a paid upgrade! This should be a point update. I own 5 copies and thankfully won't be upgrading any of them. It's greedy developers, appworld pitfalls and lack of curtomer support that ultimately drove me away so you can thank RIM for the lost revenue. The other platforms are far more customer centric. Good luck though.
    I agree, I don't know much about other platforms, but I do know that a BBM color doesn't justify a $2.99 upgrade price.....oh well I won't be upgrading. I can see raising the price for "new" purchase but not for exsiting customers ...SAD and GREEDY in my opinion
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-16-11 at 01:59 PM.
    12-16-11 12:00 PM
    To everyone still having problems with BBM. Please open BlackBerry Messenger and then 'Options' from the menu. What is your current setting for 'Save Chat History'?
    Mine is set to Device.

For what it's worth, I removed 5.0.12 and reinstalled 4.0.85 and BBM is working fine. I am willing to upgrade again, when needed to test more, just let me know.
    12-16-11 12:25 PM
    I'll join the chorus here who have made their negative opinions known regarding the relatively frequent PAID upgrades to this. I like BeBuzz, but after buying 3.x for two phones, then within about 30-40 days PAYING for upgrades to both for 4.0, to now be asked to PAY again for the upgrade to 5.0 is very maddening! It seems that what happens is, the developer says to himself "gee, I need more money" so he sits down and tries to figure out where there's one little upgrade he can stick in so he can create a new version and get everyone who's already been a customer to pay him again! Bellshare is the only app developer I've encountered who does this, at least as often, for relatively minor upgrades, as they do.

I'll be staying with 4.0, and actively looking at the other competing notification apps out there in the meantime.
    12-16-11 01:13 PM
    Found a bug, my green led indicator is set to blink on and off when i have data available but when i go into the app and exit out, it stops working I have to reboot my phone to get it back working and not only that, the led now blinks twice in quick succession even though i have it set to default in the led options...i tried the pulse and it does the same....so default and pulse are the same ie blinks twice in quick succession.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it as i really do not want to keep rebooting my damn phone everytime i go into the bebuzz settings etc.

Perhaps the greedy developer should have tested this more to make sure its workings properly because quite clearly it isnt...makes me laugh these greedy jumped up developers who think its fine to charge a stupid $2 for a few minor updates.

I have a feeling that these greedy devs are going to soon find out that the hand that feeds them is no longer interested in feeding them if they carry on like this. Sadly the only dev that i know that does this is Bellshare...every single little update even if its just a bug fix, he wants to charge an upgrade fee...stupid and very very calculating on the part of pfluger.
    12-16-11 01:47 PM
    I use BBM only between family members, so the ability to differentiate who is texting is great. So, although I agree with the "greedy" factor, I will buy again (I have bought this app 4 times!). I guess it's guys like me who keep them thinking they can do this to us. BUT, if another developer comes out with BBM notices, I'll dump this app and it's pathetically greedy developers, take the loss and will NEVER go back.
    12-16-11 02:10 PM
    There is no list of names show up, that's why I typed a name/pin on search box.. . I did wizard thing as well, still no list of names.. *hopeless*
    When you select a LED color for BBM under the 'Apps' tab, does this work when you get BBM messages?
    12-16-11 03:50 PM
    Stopped working. I'll try the "delete and re-install" method which seemed to work last night. Frustrating....I thought I had it figured out.
    12-16-11 04:07 PM
    I repeat my question. BB App World is showing version 2 instead of 5. I have version 4 loaded. How do I vet version 5?
    12-16-11 04:24 PM
    I own version 4 and have no intention of paying for this upgrade. I'll spare the guy representing Bellshare the lecture because I'm tired and I know he doesn't give a ****, so my question is this:

Will I be able to download version 4 from App World in the future? For example, if I wipe or replace my device, will I be SOL or forced to upgrade?
    12-16-11 04:35 PM
    I repeat my question. BB App World is showing version 2 instead of 5. I have version 4 loaded. How do I vet version 5?
    Try holding alt and hitting rst to rest app world that usually works for me
    12-16-11 04:42 PM
    We have posted a new version in our forums that addresses some of the reported issues.

You can download version 5.0.15 from www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 5.0 MR1 (Mainteneance Release 1)
    MADBRADNYC and marcony like this.
    12-16-11 05:39 PM
    Try holding alt and hitting rst to rest app world that usually works for me
    I was finally able to download it this afternoon without refreshing my app list. Why the objection to paying for the upgrade? It is customary when the version number changes.
    12-16-11 05:59 PM
    We have posted a new version in our forums that addresses some of the reported issues.

You can download version 5.0.15 from www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 5.0 MR1 (Mainteneance Release 1)
    You never stop working to make things better! Never standing still!

I absolutely love what you've brought to the table with this upgrade!

Well worth the minimal cost IMO!
    12-16-11 06:07 PM
    When you select a LED color for BBM under the 'Apps' tab, does this work when you get BBM messages?
    Yes it works, but not for individual..
    12-16-11 06:58 PM
    im running vers 15 bebuzz and all alerts are working and BBM w/contact and without indivi contact LED setting both work im using BOLD 9930 7.0 and third party apps are working facebook,,fb chat ,,,socialscope,,,text,,email,,twitter,,, ONLY THING NOT WORKING is BLACKBERRY SOCIAL FEEDS that comes pre installed on the phone NO LED just the INITAL ALERT via the ringtones other then that all is working
    12-16-11 07:33 PM
    Installed latest version (15).. Still don't see list of bbm contact. It seems not detecting and connecting to my bbm.. I did pre-setup (wizard) and it says my bbm successfully installed.. But why do I still not see any list of bbm contact?
    12-16-11 07:48 PM
    Installed latest version (15).. Still don't see list of bbm contact. It seems not detecting and connecting to my bbm.. I did pre-setup (wizard) and it says my bbm successfully installed.. But why do I still not see any list of bbm contact?
    its in there when it starts up it says START ADDING CONTACTS click on that and you can ADD current BBM contacts or SELECT from ADDRESS BOOK
    12-16-11 08:00 PM
    On the screen where it should show your BBM contacts does it say "No BBM Contacts" in the center of the screen and then some error code below that?
    12-16-11 08:03 PM
    On the screen where it should show your BBM contacts does it say "No BBM Contacts" in the center of the screen and then some error code below that?
    Would probably be a good idea to post a screen shot

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 08:13 PM
    It says no bbm contacts only..
    12-16-11 08:18 PM
319 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD