Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry

I'm a pretty big fan of this app, love the ability to properly view PDF's on my phone. Its just come out of beta (I got an e-mail about it today) and its pretty good.

Give it a try, there's a 10 day trial out.

I also got a free Activation Code for participating in the Beta
    01-13-09 04:46 PM
    I'm unable to register my version of BeamReader 1.0. I keep getting an error saying it's unable to connect to the registration server after entering my License Key. It says I can go the site and enter my License Key using my PC, and I will be given an Activation Code so I can complete the process. When I go to the site, there's nothing about activating using a computer. Frustrating!!!
    01-13-09 07:51 PM
    Finally got it to activate. I had to submit my License Key online, then enter an activation code that was generated on their website at:
    BeamReader - Activation
    01-13-09 10:04 PM
    Finally got it to activate. I had to submit my License Key online, then enter an activation code that was generated on their website at:
    BeamReader - Activation
    What is the Device I'd on that site? I have the license key but says invalid device I'd and beamberry is very slow to respond.
    t

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 05:19 AM
    Heres a 50% off coupon code that is good until Jan 31, 2009. Brings the purchase price down from $19.99 to $9.99

Coupon Code: "newbeam"

https://www.slgmobile.com/buy_now.html
    01-15-09 11:21 AM
    Any good free alternative for pdf readers? If not, then I'll pay the cash, but would prefer not to.
    01-15-09 12:57 PM
    What is the Device I'd on that site? I have the license key but says invalid device I'd and beamberry is very slow to respond.
    t

The Device ID is your PIN# from your Blackberry

Your PIN can be found by going to Options > Status
    01-15-09 06:48 PM
    Any good free alternative for pdf readers? If not, then I'll pay the cash, but would prefer not to.
    There aren't any free PDF readers I'm aware of.
    The 3 I know of and have installed on my device are:
    RepligoReader
    BeamReader
    PDF To Go
    01-15-09 06:50 PM
    I decided to just purchase BeamReader since it was 50% off, but I'm having a problem with activation. I got the license key, but when I try to activate the software on my BB, it doesn't do anything. I open beamreader and menu to "activate". Then it asks for name and email and then I hit continue. Then I enter the license key on the next page and hit "Activate" and it shows the little arrows on the top right corner that something is happening, but all I get is a little popup that has an exlamation point and "OK". So I hit the "OK" button and the screen stays on the "enter license key" screen. I tried going online and activating there, but I get an "invalid device ID" error. Any suggestions?
    01-19-09 04:27 PM
    Okay, I got a response from their tech support and they sent me a link to download 1.0.5. I did the same activation method and got cdf3's registration server is not responding - please go to activation site. I went to the activation site and got the license key from there and now I finally have an activated BeamReader on my BB.
    01-19-09 05:15 PM
    Interesting issue with BeamReader. On a pc, the attached pdf file shows another price right next to the lined out prices, but it does not on my BB using BeamReader. I can only see the lined out price. Any ideas on what's going on? Maybe a software bug?
    01-19-09 05:22 PM
    Interesting issue with BeamReader. On a pc, the attached pdf file shows another price right next to the lined out prices, but it does not on my BB using BeamReader. I can only see the lined out price. Any ideas on what's going on? Maybe a software bug?
    I think there are still one or two bugs. There are certain PDF's I can't open (Mainly old ones...Pre-2002).

For the majority though, they all open correctly and its very quick at rendering and the rest.
    01-19-09 07:05 PM
    I used the code provided and got the half price deal. Also had the same problems with registration. Jumped through the hoops and finally got it registered. This is a great example of when the hassles of a registration process exceed the benefits. The goal should not be to peeve off legitimate buyers.
    01-20-09 09:30 AM
    I just happenned to be looking for a PDF reader today for a new Blackberry Curve.

Appreciated the comparison one person gave comparing BeamReader & Repligo.

Also saw that this was the last day for the coupon for $10 off.

Figured there would be a free one but I tried BeamReader. It also does other docs also so it was worth it.

P.S> I also had the same activation issues on my BB when submitting the license. So I had to go online and submit it and then I got a activation key.
    Then it worked.
    01-31-09 07:49 PM
    Heres a 50% off coupon code that is good until Jan 31, 2009. Brings the purchase price down from $19.99 to $9.99

Coupon Code: "newbeam"

https://www.slgmobile.com/buy_now.html

HUGE thanks to you for that code. I now have the program installed and up and running. Thanks!

David
    01-31-09 08:43 PM
    I also am unable to activate BeamReader after purchasing it. The company has not responded to repeated emails and voicemail.

The 10-day free trial went well, and it seems like a good product. However, I would strongly advise people to NOT DO BUSINESS with BeamReader or SLGmobile.
    06-08-09 06:01 PM
    would any one be willing to get me the activation code??
    06-29-09 02:02 AM
    This app has to be the worst in terms of activating. It takes at least 10 minutes or more to activate. First the Agreement screen comes up...then freezes and I'm unable to do anything. I don't have to do a battery pull, but I do have to turn my Blackberry off by holding down the End Call button for a few seconds. I then turn the device back on by pressing the End Call button and re-open the app. I can then accept the Agreement. It then asks if I want to Trial, Purchase, or Activate. I click Activate, then the app freezes again. I have to turn the device off, and back on again. It then allows the Activate button to work. After I enter my License Key, I have to sit for about a minute before it tells me I'm unable to connect to the servers. I then have to Re-enter my License, along with an Activation Code they sent me. Then finally it is activated.
    Your best bet is to go with RepligoReader.
    07-18-09 03:51 AM
    I agree with you about Repligo. It's MUCH better than Beamreader. I had all sorts of problems with that app. Repligo opened every PDF I threw at it.

07-18-09 09:28 AM
    who can share a license key?
    02-23-10 12:15 PM
    Does this work with links inside the document? DocsToGo's reader does not.
    02-23-10 12:23 PM
    This app has to be the worst in terms of activating. It takes at least 10 minutes or more to activate. First the Agreement screen comes up...then freezes and I'm unable to do anything. I don't have to do a battery pull, but I do have to turn my Blackberry off by holding down the End Call button for a few seconds. I then turn the device back on by pressing the End Call button and re-open the app. I can then accept the Agreement. It then asks if I want to Trial, Purchase, or Activate. I click Activate, then the app freezes again. I have to turn the device off, and back on again. It then allows the Activate button to work. After I enter my License Key, I have to sit for about a minute before it tells me I'm unable to connect to the servers. I then have to Re-enter my License, along with an Activation Code they sent me. Then finally it is activated.
    Your best bet is to go with RepligoReader.
    I agree, their customer service is horrible. I've had to email them multiple times explaining that I upgraded my OS, and need a new license and activation key. They tell me it's in app world, and it is most certainly not. I'm done with them.
    10-21-10 04:09 PM
    BeamReader - Activation
    Can you help me with the code
    03-28-13 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD