BeamExplorer File Manager v1.1.350 It says it is for OS 5 only but I tried it on my 9780 and it worked

Nice way to access your hidden devicer manage your files.

Just click on the link above for various ways of installing the file.

blackthesoul likes this.
    01-14-11 01:35 AM
    awesome! thanks buddy
    01-14-11 04:34 AM
    It's a cool app but I prefer the free version of Filescout as it can also unzip files (but Beam does look better).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 05:52 AM
    Yeah I never unzip files on a BB but I like the looks of BeamExplorer more
    01-15-11 01:26 AM
    Good stuff. Thanks!

01-17-11 01:03 PM
    You can zip and unzip files using Beam. I'm on a S2 so I'm using Beam 5.0. That may or may not have something to do with being able to zip/unzip files or not.

The problem I'm having with Beam is that it won't let me delete any files. It always gives me a Permission Denied message. I can delete the file using File Manager Pro.

I actually like using Beam but if it won't let me delete files I may not have much use for it. Is there a secret setting I'm missing somewhere?
    01-17-11 03:25 PM
    You can zip and unzip files using Beam. I'm on a S2 so I'm using Beam 5.0. That may or may not have something to do with being able to zip/unzip files or not.

The problem I'm having with Beam is that it won't let me delete any files. It always gives me a Permission Denied message. I can delete the file using File Manager Pro.

I actually like using Beam but if it won't let me delete files I may not have much use for it. Is there a secret setting I'm missing somewhere?
    Edit: beam is working fine now. I like the interface. Pretty slick app.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-17-11 07:51 PM
    It says you can creat new Word documents, but I don't see an option anywhere in the app to do this.

01-18-11 04:21 PM
    Found it, nevermind.

01-18-11 04:26 PM
    It says you can creat new Word documents, but I don't see an option anywhere in the app to do this.

You'll probably need the PAID version of Docs to Go

Also, how much different is this from the native file manager? (excluding the "extras" like unzip/zip and create docs) The only thing I would really be doing is deleting/renaming/moving/etc. Can't I do this with the native?
    01-18-11 04:37 PM
    I was able to reformat my document, but to be honest, I'm a dumbass and never even tried to do it with the native file manager lol. So I'm not too sure all the benefits, but it did help me do that.

01-18-11 05:57 PM
    Just checked, this app allows you to create new Word and PDF documents for free, the word2go app that is stock makes you pay for that feature. So I recommend it if you need to do that. I had a resume in .txt format and all I had to do was copy the entire text, then open a new Word doc with Beam, paste the resume, then you can change things like Bold, Underline etc. It really is a usefull tool and I'm so greatful its free.

01-18-11 06:01 PM
    Just checked, this app allows you to create new Word and PDF documents for free, the word2go app that is stock makes you pay for that feature. So I recommend it if you need to do that. I had a resume in .txt format and all I had to do was copy the entire text, then open a new Word doc with Beam, paste the resume, then you can change things like Bold, Underline etc. It really is a usefull tool and I'm so greatful its free.

So you are able to create those documents without docs 2 go?
    01-18-11 08:12 PM
    Yep. In BeamExplorer you can

01-18-11 11:00 PM
    Yep. In BeamExplorer you can

I checked and you can't. Pretty sure you have to have docs 2 go installed. When I go to create a new worddoc it creates new.doc, but when I go to open it, it can't because it doesn't have anything to open the file with.
    01-19-11 12:24 AM
    Oh, I thought u meant the premium docs2go. My phone came with a light version preinstalled.

01-19-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD